It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ok, we have heard this all before from all kinds of sources that OBL has or is trying to bring in a bomb into the US but,

What give this story some weight is that the biographer Hamid Mir's credibility skyrocketed when he accurately predicted in G2 Bulletin last month the imminent release of a new recorded communiqué from bin Laden through al-Jazeera, the Arabic TV network. Two days later, bin Laden's tape was the focus of international news coverage.

I wonder if the placement of the National Gaurd on the Southern border has anything to do with this story ?

Border used to smuggle WMDs inside America, says source
Posted: May 24, 2006

"quote"

Al-Qaida has smuggled tactical nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S. across the Mexican border and is planning to launch a major terrorist attack using a combination of nukes and dirty nukes, according to an interview with Osama bin Laden's biographer, Hamid Mir.

www.worldthreats.com...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Looks like an intresting book that will come out
Will be looking for it in the local bookstore when it does

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Based on this reporter's investigation, its already too late since the reporter says that Al Qaeda has already sneaked in a half dozen suppose nuke dirty bombs. If they did have it, they would have done it long time ago. Either he's basing his claims on Al Qaeda members or someone else is more like assumption then hard facts.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Either he's basing his claims on Al Qaeda members or someone else is more like assumption then hard facts.

There is also another possibility. He might be lying just to sell books. I certainly would not put it past him. Also the author stated he only knew about three bombs, the reference to 6 was just speculation as I saw it since they stated they "must have material" for 6.

As far as I know, they smuggled three suitcase nukes from Russia to Europe. They smuggled many kilos of enriched uranium inside America for their dirty bomb projects. They said in 1999 that they must have material for more than six dirty bombs in America.
Source

The ref to the must have 6 is just speculation on my part also since he inferred "they said". Again he could just be lying to sell books

[edit on 5/24/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is a load of horse pucky. Notice how he says they came in through the Mexican boarder. Do you think its an accident he used the mexican boarder when illegal immigration is the top concern right now in America?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If russian suitcase nukes go off in the USA...
then I suspect that Russia will be held rather liable, since it was their neglegence that allowed them to be sold...

Tsk tsk... we warned them long ago... if one ends up here... they will be held responsible...

Of course, that presumes 2 things, that we have no control, nor confirmation of.

that such suitcase nukes exist in a stable workable condition
that Osama got a hold of some...

If so, then why haven't they gone off...
one nuke, outside a public area that bush makes a speech at, could end this whole war on terrorism (while starting a huge manhunt), as well as strike back at one of the most responsible familys for the muslims suffering... seems like a target that is too hard to resist...

my guess is that as others have said...
it makes for good book sales.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would think that if a nuke or a dirty bomb went off in the US, the world would go into holy sh#t mode. I think that countries that have been rumored to have given nukes to terrorists would be shaking in their boots. I think the political correctness of this war would go out the window.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I saw a post somewhere here on ATS after 9-11, that GWB made a statement directed to OBL and AQ that if a WMD went off here in the US that Mecca, the homeland of Islam would become a parking lot, and this would deny Muslums the annual pilgramage to the holy land.

I don't really know if this means anything (nuking Mecca) to the terrorists, because their mindset is focused on killing you and I and the rest of the free world and I think that they would easily exchange Mecca for a chance to kill multiple Americans if they get the opportunity !

Hey the clock is ticking and the time between big attacks from AQ is counting down, remember it was like 6 years between the first WTC attack and 9-11, and I fear we are getting close to another hit.

I hope and pray I am wrong.

GBA!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Where did you read that? Was there a link. There isn't a politician that would say any thing like that.
That makes me laugh when something like that is printed.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I saw a post somewhere here on ATS after 9-11, that GWB made a statement directed to OBL and AQ that if a WMD went off here in the US that Mecca, the homeland of Islam would become a parking lot, and this would deny Muslums the annual pilgramage to the holy land.

I hope and pray I am wrong.

Honestly, I suspect that you are. I'm not sure if you are aware that both Mecca and Medina are within the territorial boundaries of Saudi Arabia. As the #1 holder of known oil reserves, they might as well have nuclear weapons with which to defend themselves. Bush is full of swagger and bluster, but he's not about to cut the U.S. off from 261 billion barrels of crude, even if a nuke is detonated on U.S. soil. Short of determining conclusively that the government of Saudi Arabia was directly responsible for smuggling and detonating the weapon, there's no way that he would nuke them. Heck, we even determined that a large proportion of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi nationals and we didn't so much as ask them for an apology.

It's a good angle for fear mongering, though.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Someday you will read George Criles book "Charlie Wilsons war" . it's a biography of congressmen wilson and murtha and the events that led up to
"the database"[ I DON'T SPEAK ARABIC, SO DON'T ASK ME TO SAY ALQAEDA.]
acquiring the nukies off the black market.

Criles, a veteran 60 minutes producer, has basically had his book censored by the media because if america ever reads it, certain congressmen would be dragged out into the street and killed, executed for treason. And that congressman COULD VERY WELL BE IN CONTROL OF CERTAIN SUITCASES.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Who gives a hoot what the fake Osama's biographer says. I'm sure the biographer is right out of Washington DC.

Its laughable

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Of course there are nukes in the U.S. We did invent them did we not?

Of course, in the disinformation insanity that has been running riot for the past four years, I really am at a loss on who to believe. So I dont bother worrying about it.

If its true and nukes are here, there aint a damn thing we can do about it. Either they will get caught, or they will blow them up. Whoever "they" are is a matter of speculation. But regardless, I am not going to live in fear of it.

This could be legit, or could be fear mongering. Its so hard to tell the difference anymore.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here's another spin on this thread, with all the talk about the US involvement in 9/11 etc, who says AQ have them, it would be an ideal reason to react.
Problem, reaction, solution.

What im trying to say is maybe this is all made to look like AQ doing it for a reason, and someone else sets them off to make it look like AQ did it.

Hopefully i made sense.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Denied]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
when-you-learn-to-speak-english-you-will-begin-to-understand!!!
al qaeda - is- an - arabic - word!!! IN - ENGLISH - WE -SAY- "THE DATABASE."

HUH??? WHAT DATABASE? NOW - YOU- ARE- ON- THE- RIGHT- TRAIL.!!!

DO - YOU - UN-DER-STAND - NOW?? CAN- YOU - HEAR - ME - NOW????

GOOD !

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by googles bin hijacked

GOOD !

Whats your problem, i think we have all heard that before.
You know who i mean.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by googles bin hijacked

GOOD !

Huh? Al Qaida in Arabic says The Base. Not the database.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You- say- tomato- and - I - say - tomahto.

The intent of the word is database because, well, translation suffers sometimes when it comes to intent.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Huh? Al Qaida in Arabic says The Base. Not the database.

True, Base, or Fundament.
One sentence appropriate here: deny ignorance

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
By this video report, it looks quite easy to get across the border, all you need is the cash.

Maybe the biographer is correct, it seems some 50 middle easterners have been captured crossing in 2005, I just wonder how many got in ?

www.newschannel5.tv...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join