It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge fire at Istanbul airport.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Breaking news: A huge fire is raging at Istanbul's International Ataturk airport. Very few details at present so my apologies for the short quote from Sky News, however they are saying that thousands are being moved from the airport. Several explosions reported, however these are from a cargo hanger and chemicals involved. It is also next to a military hanger.

A huge fire has broken out at Instanbul's international Ataturk airport, holding up all flights. Television pictures showed black smoke billowing 100ft into the air from the cargo building.

Source: www.sky.com...

That fire is HUGE! Updated reports saying that the fire is located where the fuel is stored, but also chemicals being at risk too.

No casualties being reported now on Sky News, however whilst i hope that is the case, i'd think it was a little too soon to tell at the moment. The turkish news has just reported that there are no delays to flights either, but going by what i see on tv i'll wait for some decent believable info before i start taking it as gospel.

CX.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Interesting this is happening a day after the Greek and Turkish dogfight collision, and is reported to be raging near where military aircraft are based.

Coincidence maybe, but one to watch, methinks.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm watching live pictures on CNN right now. There was even a plane flying over the fire spraying water.

Here's BBC: Fire breaks out at Turkey airport

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I'm watching live pictures on CNN right now. There was even a plane flying over the fire spraying water.

I'm watching it too.

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Here's BBC: Fire breaks out at Turkey airport

Thanks.

top topics

join