It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
As soon as the British turned the situation over to the UN, the israelis invaded and occupied the rest of jerusalem, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. The Jewish extremist groups attacked peaceful palestinian villages and murdered innocent women and children. There was mass palestinian immigration to surrounding countries and Israel had essentially taken the whole country of Israel.

No. Gaza strip and West Bank were lost by Arabs in 6 day REGULAR WAR in 1967. The Palestinians were mostly leaved there to live their lives otherwise there would be no Palestinians now!
There were no real humanitarian problems, after the wars, on occupied territories before Palestinians started their terrorist campaign in 80ties.

And BTW there is nothing like Palestinian nation. The "Palestinians" from West Bank are Jordanians and the ones from Gaza strip are Egyptians. After Egypt and Jordan lost those territories they started playing with "occupation of nation" card - Palestine as nation was deliberately created after 1967 war in order to make the Palestinian fight to look like the fight for independence. Because who in West would care if Jordan or Egypt lost territories in war? There were no Palestinians before 1967.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by longbow]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Palestine as nation was deliberately created after 1967 war

That's funny, every map I have ever seen, and every book I have read on the suject published prior to the 1930's pretty clearly show a nation called Pallestine. There's one book in particular called The Bible that references Pallestine as well. Where in the world did you get your information from?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A friend of mine said that Egypt broke the cease-fire in 1982 and that Israel's subsequent invasion into Lebenon was a retaliation. all I had to go on at the time was his word but I was wondering if this was true, did egypt break the cease-fire or Israel?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You are all bringing up good points.

Some like to say sneak attack for one war. But the other side sneak attacked too in other wars conviently left out.

Both sides have acted like babies. The US supported by Israel, and Palestine supported by many gulf Arab states. And people suffer until someone tries to do something great to fix this.

This has been the same story all my life. Israel did this. Palestine did this. So we need to keep on killing, and pay back. Oh, well, maybe somen day that grat person or people will actually step up.

Researching a bit. I even saw Syria sent an army division into Jordan and attacked(a soverign nation) in 1970, because Jordan wanted the PLO out of Jordan. I never knew that.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
That's funny, every map I have ever seen, and every book I have read on the suject published prior to the 1930's pretty clearly show a nation called Pallestine. There's one book in particular called The Bible that references Pallestine as well. Where in the world did you get your information from?

The name Palestine was created by the Romans. In the mid 70's A.D., the Romans destroyed judea and exiled the Jews. The destroyed the land with salt, subsquently turning it into the deserts and swamps that were present at the begining of the return of the mass return of Jews to the land in the late 19th century. After the exile, the Romans renamed the land for the Phillistines, who once lived in the area. By doing this, they denied any Jewish claim to the land. This is not to say that there weren't any Jews in the land during the exile. There has always been a population of jews in the land, and they were infact welcome to live there during the ottoman empire and even before. The name Palestinian is supposed to be anyone who was born in the land before the Israeli independence. For some reason its been given to the nomadic arabs who moved through the areas in and around Israel. As for the West Bank and the Gaza strip, I dont think that a group of countries can invade one country and then ask for any land back after losing. You cant just say "sorry for invading you, now can i have the land you won." Finally in return for a peace treaty with Egypt, Israel attempted to return both the sanai penninsula and Gaza strip. Unfortunatly, they would only take back the sanai. Israel did the same with Jordan for a peace treaty, but they also didnt want the West Bank.

Please dont write anything if you are an ignorant fool who knows nothing of the subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

exactly, Israel even made an offical statement proposing palestines borders in 1917, if you do the math that is, indeed, prior to 1967. Im not sure where it references it in the bible.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
exactly, Israel even made an offical statement proposing palestines borders in 1917, if you do the math that is, indeed, prior to 1967.
[edit on 26-6-2006 by daedalas]

Israel mandating borders in 1917 eh? Oh you mean the Balfour Declaration which pretty much stole Pallestine from the Turks at the behest of British Rifles, because Israel wouldn't exsist for another 31 years, fully two wars and 70 million deaths later. 9 million casualties in WWI and another 60 million in WWII... That's one expensive strip of desert, that is still being payed for in blood.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The whole problem in the middle east was started by the U.S. and the Brits just to have a constant war to supply arms to. How great would it be to have an ongoing war that you know is going to last for a very long time.
Israel also is one of the dirtiest governments in the world because they manipulate the media just to show themselves as victims. As I remember it and read and heard from countless number of people from the middle east, the arabs actually welcomed Jews back into Palestine. But then the Jews asked for more land and when they did not receive it they decided to start wars.
I am not going to condone any act of violence but you must ask yourself if what the Israeli government(and also almost every other government in existence) cannot be classified as terrorism and crimes against humanity then i dont know what it takes for people to wake up and realize that Palestenians are being terrorized daily and yet when they fight back they are called Terrorists. There will never be peace in the Middle east as long as the west has a hand in the talks.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
did hamas not just recognize israel and their right to exist in the past month?
did israel stop military operations in gaza?

israel just wants more and more excuses so they can flex their military muscles

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

There is a growing Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza. Israel makes a big show for the rest of the world by 'withdrawing' from Gaza, and 'give it back' to them, then withhold their tax revenues, cut off their food, their fuel, and medical supplies, in other words starve them right back out of it. Infitada is alive and well in Gaza. Sickening. The Jewish owned western media would have you believe this is because of the new Hamas Government, but it's been going on for decades.
They're starving, while Omert simply denies it's happening...
Gaza on brink of humanitarian crisis
Gaza facing humanitarian crisis
Humanitarian Crisis Looms in Gaza, warns UN
UN: Israel, Palestinians nearing humanitarian crisis
Humanitarian crisis on Gaza doorstep: UN
Growing humanitarian crisis in Gaza
Palestinians’ Ongoing Humanitarian Crisis Deepening in Gaza
Current violence pushing Gaza into a humanitarian crisis
GAZA STARVING
Rubbish collection has been cut in Gaza City, and sanitation and sewerage
Immediate action needed to avert humanitarian crisis in Gaza
Fuel Shortage Exacerbates Palestinian Humanitarian Crisis Israel Chocking Palestinian Traffic, Bakeries, Hospitals and Family Kitchens
World Bank Warns of Humanitarian Crisis in West Bank and Gaza.
The Ongoing Humanitarian Crisis and Israeli Interference
Israel, pressured by international alarm over a brewing Palestinian humanitarian crisis, has agreed to release tens of millions of dollars in funds it has withheld from the Palestinians
Gaza Strip is dangerously short of basic foodstuffs Fuel cutoff swells humanitarian crisis
Humanitarian Organizations Warn of Deteriorating Economic Situation in Gaza
Supply shortages spark health crisis in Gaza
Gaza Facing Humanitarian Crisis
The humanitarian crisis in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
Gaza's food crisis challenges Hamas cabinet
U.S. tries to solve Gaza border crossing crisis

No luck finding my thread yet, but this is one that I thought some of the Megaphoners here might enjoy reading through. This is an older post of mine in a fascinating thread that predates the recent deluge of Flotilla related Israeli Propagandists. Looks like some of the links are dead now, but yeah, there's a crisis in Gaza, an intentional one, and as far as the people of Pallestine are concerned, Israel is a terrorist nation, even by their own definition...

"We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population."
David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff.
From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the score in Gaza. While this befuddles the rest of humanity, it makes perfect sense from a zionist's point of view, after all, their mythology and talmudic ethnocentrism give them the right to well, just whatever they want to do to those people. Take a look at some of these quotes...
www.indybay.org...
www.monabaker.com...
www.palestineremembered.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join