It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg-press 2000 pounds!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ok..... Being a Christian and a person who works out, I find this udderly unbelieveable. A 60+ year old man leg pressing 2000 pounds? Does he realize this is a metric ton? I have seen his shakes before and understand that he wants to make a little money, but ouright lying and saying he can press 2000 pounds is insane. Im a 24 year old and have been working out "religiously" for 4 years and I might max @ 450. This is why people dont like you Pat. Sorry Im ranting.

Link to 2000 pounds

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I thought everyone knew Pat Robertson is a nut job lol......................
This just proves Pat doesn't know Jack %$#@ and a liar lol.

It's not how much you can leg press, its how much you can squat..........

Just look at Pat, I wouldn't want to know what is in his protein shake. It's probably some kind of ugly potion.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wants to live forever? Meet the new Jack Lalane. That old coot couldnt beat me at finger wrestling.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well this certainly wouldn't be the first time that he lied in order to make a buck. It really burns me to see such a crook. People like him give church leaders a bad name and leave a very negative impression on people.

I emailed his team through the website posted let him know allthough this claim will probably make him some money, there are a vast number of people who just think he dashed any fragment of credibility he ever had. I requested that Robertson do a demonstration of his ability.

I won't be a bit surprised if nothing ever comes of it (the email) and he never provides proof. In my opinion, this is what Robertson has always done - exploiting the gullible and exploiting the trusting faith of the masses in order to further his goals of making money.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Look at it this way - if he comes out and DOES it, we can safely narrow down the Antichrist to one man, eh? If he's pressing 2000lbs, Satans helping him.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I read this thread before I clicked on the link, thinking this was just some of that old coot's rambling that he may have said on his show, thinking maybe he meant to say 200 or was possibly misunderstood or misquoted - THEN I clicked the link and saw it was on the "official" CBN/700 club website AS AN ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!

IF that man can leg press 2000 pounds, then. . . I'M JESUS CHRIST!!!! (im sure anyone that DID beleive him would probably also be guillable enough to beleive that I'm JC - so that was just sarcasm for any pat roberson 'beleivers' out there that may read this - I am, in fact, NOT Jesus Christ - but if you beleived it, please send me LOTS of money, and I'll send you some 'annointing oils' or 'prayer cloths' or 'blessed bible bookmarks' - Lord have mercy!
)

I don't beleive for a minute that he can do that - not even if he means 10 reps of 200 pounds or 100 reps of 20 pounds!

That man is a NUT and claims like this are just proof of that fact - anyone that's still hanging on his every word, sending him thier social security checks so they won't go to hell, or just leaves the 700 club on for background noise needs to wise up, see this man for what a whacko he is and start ignorning him, and all the other fanatic religious nuts out there.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can leg press 1000lb if what you call leg pressing when you have a thing full of weights and you get under it and you push the weights up and then down (I don't know what the machine is called but I saw it at the gym) but I don't know if this is leg pressing or not. Peace out.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hard to believe as it may be it is not imposible. I guess it really depends on how far he uses the machine for range of motion.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I can leg press 1000lb if what you call leg pressing when you have a thing full of weights and you get under it and you push the weights up and then down (I don't know what the machine is called but I saw it at the gym) but I don't know if this is leg pressing or not. Peace out.

Suuuuuuuuuure ya can..the world record is 1335 lbs, so I'm thinking that you're a bit confused because that's a load of ерунда.

I'm a pretty fairly strong, in shape guy, and I am not able to press more than 500 lbs in 10 consecutive reps of 10.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Suuuuuuuuuure ya can..the world record is 1335 lbs, so I'm thinking that you're a bit confused because that's a load of ерунда.

I'm a pretty fairly strong, in shape guy, and I am not able to press more than 500 lbs in 10 consecutive reps of 10.

I didn't know there was a world record leg press lol...If so then Ronnie Coleman would laugh at it...You can even see Ronnie pressing this weight on his videos.

The video is Ronnie Coleman: The Cost Of Redemption.... 2250 lbs leg press

Here is his workout from some web site....It might be accurate.

LEG WORKOUT BY MR. OLYMPIA

Ronnie Coleman

1. Squats: 135 lbs X 15 reps, 225 X 12 reps, 315 X 12 reps,405 X10 reps and 600 X 10 reps.

2. Leg press: 1300 X 15 reps,1600 X 15, 1900 X12, 2200 X 10 reps.

3. (Quads) 4 sets of 30 reps leg extension at 250 lbs

4.(Hamstrings) standing leg curls -4 sets X15 reps

5. Lying leg curls 4 sets of 12 reps.

I've seen Ronnie squat 800lbs

By the way 500 lbs leg press is not much.
But I'm sure chicken legs Pat Robertson can't even press 500 lbs lol.........

[edit on 27-5-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just saw the vid...it was a 1000 lbs and he didnt press anything at all. He let the weight down about 4 inches and then back up. Thats not a leg press. A proper press is all the way down and all the way back up.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

1000lbs....have a look and he doesnt do 1(one) single actual legpress.

ALL the way down and ALL the way back up is an actual legpress. I liken this to a girl pushup, which I can do hundreds of, as compared to an ACTUAL pushup, which I can do maybe 30.

If ol' Pat had gone all the way down, a proper leg press, he NEVER would have got that back up and thats why he didnt.

Im in the gym 3 to 4 times a week for 1 and a half to 2 hours each time, Im in great shape and there is NO way this old man could draw down .5 tonne and power that back up.

Fact

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Pat robertson can leg press 2000 pounds!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!

Praise the lord!

His ass muscles must be like superman, after all, he uses them to talk on tv.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the link....

Pat Robertson is not doing a leg press in that video.... He lacks range of motion and good form. Census is right, looks like girl pushups lol...... Any kid can do that.

Now this is a 2000 lbs leg press..

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

1000lbs....have a look and he doesnt do 1(one) single actual legpress.

ALL the way down and ALL the way back up is an actual legpress. I liken this to a girl pushup, which I can do hundreds of, as compared to an ACTUAL pushup, which I can do maybe 30.

If ol' Pat had gone all the way down, a proper leg press, he NEVER would have got that back up and thats why he didnt.

Im in the gym 3 to 4 times a week for 1 and a half to 2 hours each time, Im in great shape and there is NO way this old man could draw down .5 tonne and power that back up.

Fact

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Actually I said I don't know if its called leg pressing, but I do 1000lb, swear. But I don't know what it is, in this machine, you lie back, and there is this thing with weights above your legs and you push it up and then go down,but it doesn't go down all the way. I don't know what its called but I thought it was leg pressing because that description seemed to fit the machine.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Whatever the machine was, I did 1000 with my legs, but like I said, it DOESN"T GO ALL THE WAY DOWN, and maybe the leg pressing one DOES go all the way down, making it alot more difficult. I don't know what this machine is called.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Now this is a 2000 lbs leg press..

Here's the video of Ronnie Coleman leg pressing 2300 lb
www.youtube.com...

I never heard of Pat Robertson before. I agree that he is not really doing a full leg press.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok, this thread is probably old, but i looked at the link. Then I went to the video that it provided of patty pressing "1000 lbs".

First off, he didn't take the weight all the way down. Second of all, he has 5, count em, 5 - 45 pound weights on each side of the machine. Ok, lets do some seriously complicated math here.

5*2=10
10*45=450

What a lying jerkoff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join