It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy shields and lasers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Check out this article. It talks about how energy weapons and shields may be put on the next generation of amour. After you read what do you think about this technology. Will it work.
www.spacedaily.com...

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
WEll where's the article?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh crap. Sorry I fixed it.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I just can't see why the worlds leaders are so ignorant. I mean it's great to see them investing in the worlds future by developing more powerful and deadly weapons so we can kill each other more efficiantly. When are all these trillians of dollars and pounds going to be invested in something that is actually going help create peace in our world rather than just make warfare more advanced and deadly.

p.s sorry about the rant.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I just can't see why the worlds leaders are so ignorant. I mean it's great to see them investing in the worlds future by developing more powerful and deadly weapons so we can kill each other more efficiantly. When are all these trillians of dollars and pounds going to be invested in something that is actually going help create peace in our world rather than just make warfare more advanced and deadly.

Because there's always going to be someone trying to have the most advanced of weapons. And if you let everybody invest their money into peacefull means, and let 1 nation invest in military and weapons, then that one country will get damn good in its wars and will wipe out any country it pleases and will get too powerfull.

Advanced Weapons = Power and Strength.

Peace = ?

I do agree with what you're saying tho, just sucks that i'll never be that way.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Because there's always going to be someone trying to have the most advanced of weapons. And if you let everybody invest their money into peacefull means, and let 1 nation invest in military and weapons, then that one country will get damn good in its wars and will wipe out any country it pleases and will get too powerfull.

I understand that thats the case. It shouldn't be the case. If only all weapons where destroyed and every country was unarmed. Imagine world leaders actually having to figure out their problems without killing.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That was a thought shared by many - especially in the US and Europe in the time between WW1 and WW2.
"Peace through strength" A great man once said that

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
that if there was peace there would not be...
how can a house stand then if it was divided?...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abrams

That was a thought shared by many - especially in the US and Europe in the time between WW1 and WW2.
"Peace through strength" A great man once said that

Yeh, a great man. Our world has fallen to weakness. Men are weak so they need to blow each other up to make their points.

top topics

join