It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONTEST: Mars adventure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
A simple trip to mars would not require much at all. Since I am going to be using the "AI 5.0". This Artificial Intelligence robot can do almost anything a human can do, only much better. It can take a sample of dirt from any location and with that one sample of dirt it will be able to determine everything about the location it is in. I will be able to tell the history of the land for up to one hundred thousand years ago. It will be able to tell what organisms can and cannot live there, and also what changes are needed to be made for all organisms to be able to live there. It is programmed to be able to do any scientific test there is known to humans, but is able to do all of the tests faster than any humans are able to do them. Not only is it able to do all of that, it is also equipped with a built in teleporter, so it will be able to go to Mars and back to Earth with no trouble. The "AI 5.0" was made to be indestructible, so it can withstand the harshest of conditions. I would include a photograph of the “AI 5.0”, but it is classified, so I will not be able to show you what it looks like.

The budget for the "AI 5.0" is very small since it has already been invented. Many "AI 5.0" have been assembled and used on other missions, so there is one available for NASA to use for the Mission to Mars. The budget would only be one million dollars. That money would help pay for people to analyze the data the "AI 5.0" found. Since there are no humans going to mars with the robot, there will be no need to spend money on food, medical supplies, or other necessities for humans.

The object of the mission would be to collect as much data on Mars as possible and report the findings back to NASA. The “AI 5.0” was invented to be able to do missions like this fast and have little to no complications. The “AI 5.0” would be able to collect all the necessary data in a day, and since there is no travel time, the mission would be done in one day.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
TO THE AUTHOR

Don't come forward as to who you are, as it could make the judgings biased.

TO THE JUDGES

U2U me your judgings, don't post them in this thread.

More on how the contest works can be found here: Mission to Mars: A Space Exploration CONTEST

If you want to enter the contest, you have until the 1st of May to do so still!

Feel free to use this thread to discuss, critique, and comment on this plan!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
wouldnt the robot be limited in what it can do on the surface?

join