It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Way To Produce Electricity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here is a rather interesting BBC article on electricity created at a microscopic level.

A new way to create electricity that works in the test phase.

"Water sparks new power source

A new way to generate electricity from water which could be used to power small electronic devices in the future has been developed by Canadian scientists.

It could provide new power for chips
The researchers have harnessed what happens to water when it is pumped through tiny channels."

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yeah i saw something on this... its a bit silly though because what powers the pump?

it cool to get the possitive and the negitive electrons/whatever reacting and creating energy..

but what powers it in the first place?

or is it self sustaining?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure how it is all suppose to work. I do know that water molecules have a property where a small charge (basically static) is produced when passed by certain surfaces, like plastic. However, the ability to produce electricity from that is what is amazing and somewhat mysterious at this point.

It would be good if my computer had an alternator (of sorts) that creates electricity for its own purposes, reducing the need for outside electrical influence.

... Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
yeah im just thinking.. it just comes across as a sort of water dynamo..

energy has to go in to get energy out... sure you might have to put low energy in to get high energy out...

but it just strikes me as too big and un-practical at this moment ..

i would of thought induction and dynamo based generators would be better...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is the link for the story.
thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1066601707240

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

energy has to go in to get energy out... sure you might have to put low energy in to get high energy out...

This assumes that there is no energy there in the first place.

Check out the work of Nikola Tesla. For years he developed his theory of free or "radiant" energy. He even took out a patent on it, on Nov 5 1901. Here is an image of the patent:

www.free-energy.cc...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
By reading the patent document, the originating energy source, being radiant matter, such as ultraviolet light, provides a charge to a condensor (capacitor). The capacitor trickle charges thereby ultimatly storing enough energy to produce a supply for an attached device.

Todays microelectronics, dense and ultra-efficient, can easily be operated with minimal current. Radiant energy, could be utilized as a power source in many applications.

I am only assuming radiant matter would include,...light wavelengths, radioactive isotopes, piziolectric crystals, and the likes.

A rudimentary form of radiant energy conversion would be a solar cell, although in-effecient and expensive.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by smirkley]

new topics

top topics

join