It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I saw today - road block?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Today, I went home at lunch break at 12 noon.

When I got off the highway and entered my home town, there was a road block.
I thought they were either checking for seatbelts or expired tags.

They pulled over the car in front of me, who was one driver with his seat belt and his plate sticker was fine.

On my way back to work, I got to watch a few from the stop light behind them. I saw a few get motioned to the side that had their seat belts on. It seemed like they pulled over someone as soon as they let one go.

I am in the USA, right? Connectivcut IS still part of the US right? Probable cause?? Hmmmm..

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
june i think is national safety belt month. the boys in blue are bustin out the notepads this month.

www.nsc.org... Yeap its national safety month for all of June

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
yea, its the Click or Ticket it program.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's Click It Or Ticket. They have to stop a certain number of cars per hour at each checkpoint. Whether they can see them wearing their belts or not, they have to pull them over. They usually just say something along the lines of "We have to stop 7 cars an hour, have a nice day." and you're free to go.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No matter whether it is Click It Or Ticket or not... it is still part of the plan to get Americans used to checkpoints. And what about that Click It Or Ticket bs anyways??? Another way to take freedoms away from Americans. It's one of the many fence posts that they have put up... soon the fence goes up too. With the exception of young children, it should be our right to choose whether we want to wear a seatbelt or not!

Sorry, got a little off subject... but yeah, it is the Click It Or Ticket program... it's going on all over here also.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm used to them by now, as I've seen checkpoints all 26 years I've been driving.

I wish they'd just get on with it. The suspense is killing me

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh man, communism is right around the corner.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by steve99]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can't wear a seatbelt at all. Two years ago I snapped my right T4 rib completely off of my sternum. The bone is fine; but I snapped the cartilage where the rib goes into the sternum. Cartilage doesn't heal very well, especially when it is being constantly moved (from me breathing). Wearing a seat belt produces much pain in the center of my chest (think heart attack pain - not fun at all). So, what do I do about wearing a seat belt? I fake it. I sling the belt over my left shoulder while driving so it appears that I'm really wearing it....and I'm not. There's nothing I can do though. Hope I never get pulled over for it......

new topics

top topics

join