It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking New:A Web site message, purportedly from Osama bin Laden, says Zacarias Moussaoui had nothi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
at Cnn.com they are reporting that "A Web site message, purportedly from Osama bin Laden, says Zacarias Moussaoui had nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorists attacks."

Wow there is no reason for Osama Bin Laden to lie,do you think this strengtens the conspircy that the goverment may have been behind it?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Edit. Cannot get link to work, but this is all there is.

(CNN) -- A Web site message, purportedly from Osama bin Laden, says that neither Zacarias Moussaoui nor any of the prisoners held at the U.S. Navy detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, had anything to do with the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorists attacks.

The audiotaped message, in Arabic, included an English translation in subtitles. (Posted 5 p.m.)

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Then I guess that Osama also lied about attacking and justifying on 9/11 as well right?
I'll try to find one of his transcripts from a video after 9/11 where he explains why he did it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He got a fair trial that decided he did. I dont see how Osama thinks he has more credibility.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Add this to Moussaoui's attempt to withdraw his guilty plea...

Source

In his motion, Moussaoui said he lied on the witness stand March 27 when he reversed four years of denials and claimed he was to have hijacked a fifth jetliner on Sept. 11, 2001, and crashed it into the White House, "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

The 37-year-old Frenchman blamed his behavior on the effects of solitary confinement, his inability to get a Muslim lawyer and his misunderstanding of the U.S. justice system.

Moussaoui said he was "extremely surprised" by his life sentence by a federal court jury last week.

"I had thought I would be sentenced to death based on the emotions and anger toward me for the deaths on Sept. 11," he explained in an affidavit. "But after reviewing the jury verdict and reading how the jurors set aside their emotions and disgust for me and focused on the law and the evidence ... I now see that it is possible that I can receive a fair trial even with Americans as jurors."

Of course we waived the right to appeal by pleaing guilty... looks like we may be sending an innocent man to prison to keep the dream alive.

[s]But hey what's another life? [/sarcasm]

deltaboy.... you mean that video that is obviously NOT Osama where he looks different, is wearing gold, and writing with the wrong hand?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There's also a link on this News Site

Link to ITV News

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Street Scholar
deltaboy.... you mean that video that is obviously NOT Osama where he looks different, is wearing gold, and writing with the wrong hand?

Yep, he sure does!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Uh no the one where he talks about 80 years of humiliation on the Arab world and that he attacked the U.S. because of its support of Israel's invasion in 1982.

BPI

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i watched a broadcast right after the trial (i think cnn) and they said the jury decided he wasnt involved in 9/11 but they convicted because he was definitely planning for an attack outside 9/11.

I think the best thing about this news is that cnn does the story and quickly moves on to another story. I think they forgot to ask something, why is osama bin laden still a free man. The gov't was using a moussaoui's involvment to give them time to gather what evidence they were going to show the American public regarding 9/11. Info was being used in the trial so it couldnt be disclosed. Does anyone really think they used those 5 pentagon frames in the trial. If you think they did, what do you think it accomplished?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
dUH....

SO DID OSAMA...
Osama said several times (at least twice to western media) that he had nothing to do with the killing of innocents and civilians on 9-11 (if you look at his history, he mainly attacked miitary targets)
the only time he ever admits it, is on ONE very fuzzy video, where osama has become much darker (maybe even changed race- to throw us off the track of course) and also changed his writting hand... not to mention the voice sounds different (but the CIA assured us it was him). THat wily osama... i am surprised he is still male, with everything else he has changed...

and when ol Zach got paid back for his insanity, he promptly said "i lied, i didn't really know those guys" which is what he should have said before the trial...

because the prosecution was having a heck of a time connecting him to it...
his confession is about the only thing that made the case go so fast... (once at trial)

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Uh no the one where he talks about 80 years of humiliation on the Arab world and that he attacked the U.S. because of its support of Israel's invasion in 1982.

You mean this one...

Source

God Almighty hit the United States at its most vulnerable spot. He destroyed its greatest buildings.

Praise be to God.

Here is the United States. It was filled with terror from its north to its south and from its east to its west.

Praise be to God.

What the United States tastes today is a very small thing compared to what we have tasted for tens of years.

Our nation has been tasting this humiliation and contempt for more than 80 years.

Yeah, maybe you should re-read the transcript because he never claims responsibility for the attacks.

End of the thread-jacking... back to topic at hand.

BPI, you bring up some interesting facts, any links to info about him being convicted for non-9/11 planning?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Usama bin Ladin appeared on Aljazeera on Friday, threatening new attacks on the United States.

Gesturing at the camera with a finger to stress points, Bin Ladin once again took responsibility for the September 11 attacks and said reasons to attack the United States remain.

He also accused US President George Bush of deceiving the American people.

"Despite the fact that we are into the fourth year after September 11, President Bush is still misleading you and hiding the real reason from you, which means that the reasons to repeat what happened remain," bin Ladin said.

Bin Ladin said the September 11 attacks was in response to the injustices by the US.

english.aljazeera.net...

But I am amazed at you. Even though we are in the fourth year after the events of September 11th, Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus, the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred.

So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken, for you to consider.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced.

I couldn't forget those moving scenes, blood and severed limbs, women and children sprawled everywhere. Houses destroyed along with their occupants and high rises demolished over their residents, rockets raining down on our home without mercy.

Read and weep, and check more carefully Street Scholar.

BPI

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I cant find it, maybe what i heard was them referring to this:

www.news24.com...

But in this article: www.ny1.com...

it states:

However, three jurors decided Moussaoui had only limited knowledge of the 9/11 terror plot, and three described his role in the attacks as minor.

and the actual conviction was:

A federal jury in Alexandria, Virginia, reached its verdict on its seventh day of deliberations, finding Moussaoui eligible for a life sentence in prison on three counts; conspiracy to commit terrorism, conspiracy to destroy aircraft, and conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

The al-Qaida chief said the Sept. 11 hijackers were divided into two groups, "pilots and assistants."

"Since Zacarias Moussaoui was still learning how to fly, he wasn't No. 20 in the group, as your government has claimed," bin Laden said. "It knows this very well," he added.

Bin Laden said Moussaoui was not a security risk for al-Qaida, because he did not have knowledge of the plot.

"Brother Moussaoui was arrested two weeks before the events, and if he had known something — even very little — about the Sept. 11 group, we would have informed the leader of the operation, Mohammad Atta, and the others ... to leave America before being discovered," Bin Laden said.

So much for govt. conspiracy crap.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

If Bin Laden was still CIA on 9/11, like some of us suspect, then I would expect statements like these from him. I'd expect him to 'sing like a #ing Canairy' as Tom Clancy once put it... I can't offer you an explanation why one of the video's was faked and the other(s) appears genuine though, at least not one backed up by any kind of evidence, anyway.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Communication_Monster]

BPI

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

First of all, if you think bin laden is behind it, then you believe he is one of the most ruthless people on earth. So then how can you believe anything he says.

Second, alot of people including myself believe bin laden has cia connections and the US/Israel aided in the attack. I think the plan was discovered and reported and was allowed to happen, and even enhanced the plan a little. But I do need to see another pentagon tape showing the actual "jet" because that last BS footage they released actually had me thinking it might not be a 757.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well I never beleive anything the media or news say I never even watch t.v. well very rarely I do.I beleive in sight.

Who knows what happened or what he said in that courtroom or what for he was ,Though juding from what I heard that guy is stupid and wanted to get in mess.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone says,if the goverment really wanted to catch bin laden then he would of been caught by now.Look how fast they caught Saddam Hussein,yeah he was hated by his own people which helped in catching him but come on, know matter how many people would die for Osama there is always someone who will talk and with todays technology and undercover agents he would of been found by now.

personally I think Osama is a front man for the U.S's own agenda,I could be wrong but it's just my own opinion.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
I don't care what anyone says,if the goverment really wanted to catch bin laden then he would of been caught by now.Look how fast they caught Saddam Hussein,yeah he was hated by his own people which helped in catching him but come on, know matter how many people would die for Osama there is always someone who will talk and with todays technology and undercover agents he would of been found by now.

Look how fast??? I remember how people say that Saddam Hussein we caught is a fake and he still out there, and I hear people complaining why its taking so long to hunt Saddam Hussein. If you respectfully look at the geography of Afghanistan and Pakistan, you realize why its so hard to find Osama.

personally I think Osama is a front man for the U.S's own agenda,I could be wrong but it's just my own opinion.

Yeah your own opinion.

BPI

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i totally agree. I believe if bin laden were caught, i think the American people would say that's enough let's stop this military style war, and bring the boys home. But with bin laden "on the loose" Americans still feel uneasy. So he is a necessity for the bush/PNAC advancement. The people running the cia now are the ones who came up under george h w bush and i think he is still calling the shots. Remember bin laden and hussein were our "allies" in the reagen/bush administration. If we dont know where bin laden is after 5 years then our country is in serious trouble. We dont know where osama is, we dont seem to have any thing resembling even decent intelligence regarding iraq, we cant protected ourselves from hijackers having free reign of the skies for well over an hour, we cant seem to get any video evidence of a 757 hitting the worlds most secure building even with video cameras pointed right at, ...wow, I guess we are in serious trouble

top topics

<<   2 >>

join