It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Psychic Detectives the FUTURE in Law Enforecement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I keep watching Court TV on cable and listening to all of the psychics that are used in law enforcement to help solve difficult cases that traditional detectives cannot solve using standard techniques. I find it fascinating that these psychics are able to tap into other people's conciousness and help to stop the bad elements in society. It is amazing to me and seems like REAL psychics are out there and that people are becoming more and more psychic now that they are opening themselves up to this amazing ability. Anyone else believe that this is the way of the future? Anyone believe that it is all a bunch of BS? Interested to read other opinions...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Are Psychic Detectives the FUTURE in Law Enforecement?

No. Nothing will ever replace good, hands-on forensic investigation. It is absurd to think otherwise.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why not? It seems like a waste of time to investigate a crime scene when you can just have a psychic come in and in an hour determine what is going on. Traditional detectives spend countless hours investigating and sometimes come up with nothing... seems like the psychics, now in early stages of development, may develop their skills to a greater degree and one day REPLACE traditional investigators

[edit on 23-5-2006 by AlphaReptilian777]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I take it you believe they will replace them.

What if that psychic is corrupt? Then they can do anything and say anything they want for a price. Missing piece of evidence? No problem.

Perhaps if they are justified as valid then well maybe they will be used to help point in a particular direction then the real investigators must go in and check it out.

They can help stop bad elements. But dont you think that their power could be even worse? Or perhaps wrong?

Any opinion/misjudgement/emotion that the psychic may give can be a problem. Even dangerous.

Dont you think they would also become targets of people wanting revenge? Or wait the psychic is also going to predict that and send the swat team on them right? What if it was for personal gain? They would have too much power.

So no

new topics

top topics

join