It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I DON'T Believe UFO's are necessarily from Aliens...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I could have sworn I remember hearing about UFO drawings in ancient caves.
As for the guy that is not convinced about the UFO hyerogliphics in Egypt, why is it that you aren't convinced by them?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Come on now! That just sounds stupid! Getting THEE proof presented to you (being abducted yourself) and then STILL not believing?!?! What is it with you? Do you believe you wake up every morning and live a life? Or is that just some kind of massive temporary chemical imbalance in your brain? I'd rate you at about a 25watt bulb.

Keep smiling!

I will keep smiling thanks. Well you see you missed my point. I said maybe it could be those things and maybe i could have been abducted. I gave each possible scenario equal merit and once i had ruled out all the others i would be left with the abduction one. I would make sure i ruled the others out first. It's a logical approach. If i saw a pixie run along the road and into some grass what would i do? Would i assume i had seen a pixie, nope i would go and see if i could find signs of it first and then make a decision. If i saw a ghost i wouldn't believe i had seen it, might have been a hallucinaiton, but if a photo was taken at the same time and it appeared in that, well then i would accept i had seen a ghost.

If i woke up after an abduction and i had marks on me that couldn't be explained by psychological causes then yeah i would believe i had been abducted. Please don't twist my words into making me sound like i won't believe something that is in front of my eyes. Remembr i believe in UFO's because there is evidence for them, this should show i am open minded.

If i was abducted in the middle of a field and several people saw it then yeah i would believe that one. I would have my memories and third party confirmation.

I know someone who used to take drugs, he hallucinated all sorts of things, does this mean he should believe what he saw? Nope sorry, and that can happen with normal chemical imbalances. As i said if i got some extra evidence to go along with my experience, then yes i will believe it.

I could have sworn I remember hearing about UFO drawings in ancient caves.
As for the guy that is not convinced about the UFO hyerogliphics in Egypt, why is it that you aren't convinced by them?

Because they could be anything for all we know. If they had little beings standing by them with enormous heads and oval eyes then yes i would take that one very seriously. That would be very convincing for me, but no it's just a saucer shaped object.

I believe there were some paintings of beings with large heads in mayan art, or maybe it was chinese ancient art? I can't remember now but i found those a little more convincing. If anyone can find what i mean i would be grateful, i remember it from a library book years ago. It was a dark black type of rock with white and red drawings.

Originally posted by MrChipps
I'd rate you at about a 25watt bulb.

So i'm stupid because i like proof? I'm stupid because i don't just believe what i see? Hey if i believed what i see then Derren Brown is a psychic, maybe David Copperfield really can fly! Or maybe i could say "Hey i wonder how they do that", look into it and get the evidence i need to prove it as real, hallucination or trick.

Thanks for the insult, i may be a 25 watt bulb but at least i don't just insult people because i don't agree with them.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't know, I find the hyerogliphics more convincing than you do. Humans were only able to fly planes in the 1900s, yet here we have these Egyptians drawing UFOs thousands of years ago. Whoever flew those UFOs must not be human, unless if time travel was involved.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Again, the heiroglyphics are pretty well debunked. Do a search here on ATS and you'll find at least a few threads showing the underlayer carving, the top layer, and showing the worn effect, etc.

As far as Roswell, the Mogul balloon is the USAF answer for what crashed, so bringing in talk of V2 rockets and any other object is not needed. Disprove that and you can pressure the USAF to come up with a better lie or reveal more of the truth.

Disproving Mogul is a rather simple affair.

1. The timeline is off. The only way a Mogul balloon fits in with the facts of time, is to accept Brazel's testimony of when he found the debris (after being detained by the military for days). His testimony before, and then later after this sellout, state he found it just days prior, whereas his (allegedly coerced) testimony after military holding, puts it in June. This of course, makes no sense...as if this was the case, and it was worthy of such intense military activity, he of course would have reported it asap (especially given the post-war climate of the time). Brazel has repeatedly stated he was forced by the military to admit to a June finding, and he actually found it in early July. This of course means that all such balloons are accounted for, and no such launch could have been recovered in that time frame.

2. One must remember that the MISSION, not the materials, of Mogul were classified. Mogul balloons and targets used off the shelf materials like balsa wood, foil, rubber balloons, etc. None of this matches numerous witness testimony of the debris materials, and would be EASILY identifiable by a ten-year-old, let alone top military officers. In no possible way could Mogul remnants be thought of as "otherworldly". Such debris would have been very hum drum and unremarkable.

3. Not enough stuff. Simply put, even the largest Mogul array couldn't account for the size of the debris field, nor the reported gouge, as reported by witnesses.

4. No reason for continued classification. Mogul certainly isn't worth of continued secrecy decades after the event. If this was the actual explanation, this could have easily been given in the first official investigation, not the second.

5. The Popular Mechanics special. Not sure how many saw this, but this (seemingly) excellent attempt to show Mogul as the reason for Roswell actually showed how bogus this explanation was. First, the magazine article shows a claimed daily log of base activity. Problem is, this directly contradicts the testimony of DOZENS of witnesses. So, either the log is bogus, or these dozens are all lying. Seems a little out there. Furthermore, some flights are even documented in the press, such as the flight to Ft. Worth. So, the log is bogus, or the press is lying. Hmm....

Worse than this though, for the Mogul case, people may remember Charles Moore's (Mogul engineer) claim they used flowery tape, and THIS is what people saw, not symbols on I-beams. Problem is, a) no such tape has EVER been produced or found by the skeptics, b) when showing the actual claimed debris on the special, the Mogul remains there had NO such tape. In addition, if one is to accept the June finding timeline vs. Brazel's continued claim, the debris is WAY too pristine to have sat in the desert for a couple of weeks. The carts of the alleged debris shown on the special almost looked brand new.

6. And of course, the biggest problem with Mogul...the validity of the testifying officers. Both Jesse Marcel and the other gentleman in the photos with Ramey and the debris claim the photos were staged for the press with balloon debris to support Ramey's coverstory. Numerous other officers, from Sergeants to Generals, claim the debris found had otherworldy qualities that simply didn't match any known substance.

7. Lastly, the military's own actions null and void the Mogul theory. NO Mogul recovery before or since ever required the actions taken by the military. The reason is obvious. Only the mission of Mogul was classified, not the materials. Military cordons, top secret flights to Wright Field and Ft. Worth, Air Materiel Command, etc. would not have been warranted by a simply Mogul recovery, no matter how bad the skeptics want it to be so.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Been studying this for years now...i've come to these conclusions.

It's unlikely that ALL UFOs are from earthly origins...but most probably are.

Follow the trail. 1943-45 - loads of 'Foo Fighters' spotted over Germany and Europe.

Couple of years off from major sightings....

then...1947 sightings start taking off big time in the US.

Then, from then until now, sightings move towards South America & Mexico.

Nazis first to master the tech - USA take it home at end of WW2.

Follow the tech and follow the money. WW2 - The Nazis had the tech and the cash...since then, USA has both. Maybe the antarctic thing is true...would make sense with all the sightings over South America... billions of dollars are going somewhere....

But - keep the physics in mind ATOMIC. Pulling a 90 degree mach 1 turn in an F18 with kill you and the plane...but do it in a gravity shielded field and there's no inertia...only way something could perform like that in the first place. The pilot would be absolutely fine. It's not 'alien tech', just physics that the masses aren't allowed to see yet.

Just my 2 cents..... ;-)

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Billions of people believe in Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Buddah, Bramah, Vishnu, L-Ron. They are all wrong. People who believe in Greys are also wrong.

Just because millions of people believe in a thing doesn't make it true.

What reason do you believe it? Because it satisfies your needs or because it exposes who is worthy of your trust?

Columbus, The Dove

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Columbus
Billions of people believe in Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Buddah, Bramah, Vishnu, L-Ron. They are all wrong. People who believe in Greys are also wrong.

Just because millions of people believe in a thing doesn't make it true.

What reason do you believe it? Because it satisfies your needs or because it exposes who is worthy of your trust?

Columbus, The Dove

Err a small point, it is very likely that many of these people actually existed. Whether they were divine or not is another question.

Also remember that the Buddah was never said to be a son of god or god himself, it is believed his name was Siddhārtha Gautama. He was a normal guy walking around with some great ideas, my humble opinion.

Greys on the other hand, well although there is no evidence for the religious figures existing, they were at least human and so that is something. Aliens visiting is a kind of difficult thing to accept without cast iron proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join