It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I DON'T Believe UFO's are necessarily from Aliens...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Roswell, NM - UFO crash... just a coincidence that it occured some 30 miles or so from a military base? naahhhhh... it could'nt possibly have been a military aircraft - it had to come from outer space...(sarcasm)

Funny how UFO's were first spotted in the U.S.A. in the 40's... now they are spotted all over, maybe after other govt's around the world figured out the technology to make 'em...

Flying discs are not from outer space in my humble opinion... these flying discs are most likely just made/developed by governments with the money and resources to produce them and are just keeping the public in the dark.

Hitler once said that the more unbelievable and extraordinary the lie, the more likely that people will cling to it and believe it, and IMO that is what is happening here. It's amazing how people in the middle ages didn't report seeing discs all over the place... Only recently in the last 60 yrs. or so...

Why the heck can't good 'ol HUMAN BEINGS create a disc that flies? Just because certain technological advances aren't make PUBLIC, does this mean that anything out of the ordinary is from ALIENS?

Just a skeptic...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by AlphaReptilian777]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
However, I might add, the thing that is weird to me is all of the reported alien abduction phenomena. How can a million people be wrong. The whole thing is an enigma to me.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sarcasm seem's to flow behind the topic of "Alien Craft/Abduction's" and that is why we have skeptic's. I suppose that with the inception of "Declassification Information/Disinformation" It becomes quite a deluge for the thought process. I would have to venture the "Open-mindedness" ability for those doubter's, but that is only the beginning of the this process. Absorbing information is what we here at ATS seem to do at a very high rate and are always willing to get the low down on such thing's as "Aliens and UFO's" .
One thing that I would like to bring to your consideration, being a skeptic and all, that the sighting's that you mentioned earlier didn't start around 1940's but have been wittnessed throughout time. I don't have a particular thread you can go to, but there are alot of them that deal with Ancient sighting's and some that appear to be, to say the least, almost seem invisible but yet they appear the the painting's of alot of renaissance picture's and in some of the earlier sculpture's of days gone by. So, It just didn't pop up out of the blue in the 40's, it has been around for some time.
"Individualism" is what we are, I guess it is left up to you to figure out what path you choose to take as far as a "Belief System".
As a skeptic , you are not alone by no means, but if you retain a point of opened mindedness, you see that there is something truly to this subject matter.
Well, that was my opinion, and your's is welcomed as well.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Your sceptic theory would hold sway with me if you hadn't completely disregarded all the evidence for Roswell. Something didn't just fall from the sky and everyone started saying it was from outer space. There are very reliable witnesses and evidence of a cover up at every turn. There is more evidence for a ET craft crash than against it. Do the research beforehand.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hitler was a female elephant from Mars. Do you believe me?
Hitler was full of crap on a lot of his "insights".

I think there is a chance some of this stuff could be govt material...but now you need to explain 1) why they did and why they took the chance of flying these incredible aircraft over every country 2) how they controlled these craft since having someone inside them performing the maneuvers reported would of killed a human being 3) why they would bring attention upon themselves by flying over nuclear controlled areas and in 1952 flying over Washington DC repeatedly 4) how they supposedly turned off a nuclear missile launching facility in the US and supposedly in the USSR.

There are a lot of military bases and government facilities all over the US. Throw a dart at a map and there's a good chance a military base of some type isn't far away.

The government for sure is using the UFOs as a cover story for spy flights and experimental aircraft. But when these same military pilots report UFOs doing things that we didn't have back in the 40s 50s and even today, then we've got some questions.

I think your theory is partially right. Study up and you'll see a lot of questions still exist.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I HAVE BEEN MET A FEW EXTRA-/TERRESTRIALS AND THAT IS WHAT FLIES UFOS AND YOU CAN CALL THEM JUST LIKE ANCIENT HISTORY.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So you're saying that ancient "governments" also had the technology to build UFOs. The UFOs chiseled in egyptian hyrogliphics, on mayan cave paintings, in biblical paintings. Yeah....that MUST be the answer! (sarcasm!)

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In the middle age seing an alien was like seing a saint.

Why that time is reffered sometimes as 'dark age'?

What would happen to someone saying that he saw disc flying around?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Roswell, NM - UFO crash... just a coincidence that it occured some 30 miles or so from a military base? naahhhhh... it could'nt possibly have been a military aircraft - it had to come from outer space...(sarcasm)

Sarcasm doesn't make for a convincing argument.

Ok, suppose the Roswell crash WAS just some kind of US experiment...

1. Why wasn't it IMMEDIATELY tracked and recovered? Brazel found the debris field days later, and subsequently reported it later to authorities. Does it logically make sense that the military would simply let some top secret debris rot in the desert?

2. Why have several military men (from sergeants to generals) come forward with signed affadavits stating they recovered something not of this Earth? What was the shared agenda of all these men? Why did some wait till their deathbed to divulge such information?

3. Why the whitewash? First a weather balloon, then MOGUL, finally even High Dive, none of which fit the facts of the case, nor the witness descriptions (and in the case of High Dive, not even the timeline, as it happened nearly 5 years after Roswell).

4. What possible advance would STILL be classified after over a half a decade? Simply put, NOTHING warrants that kind of continued classification.

Of course, one could go on and on here...but it's hardly necessary.

And, people HAVE seen UFOs in the Middle Ages, and previously, etc. Examples can be found in art, literature, even in the Bible. (and no, I don't mean mistaken art symbolism, as many alleged "UFO artworks" are).

Sure, humans can make saucer craft. In fact, there are numerous such projects, and many documented on film. Thing is, all are clumsy, unstable, and impractical, which is why you don't currently see them over Iraq with big US symbols on them. But, these projects came decades after UFOs were a household word....

Being a skeptic is fine. The larger percentage of UFO events are misperceptions, mistaken identity, or outright hoaxes. However, if even ONE account is true, then the implications are enormous. Extraterrestrial intelligent life, capable of traversing the stars. Be skeptical, by all means, but closing your mind to the possibility and ignoring the evidence at hand isn't skepticism, it's simply closing your mind to logic.

Just as an aside (as I saw it mentioned), the "UFOs" in the heiroglyphics are thoroughly debunked. The images are a result of erosion, and showing partial heiroglyphics of the layer underneath the more current one. Some of the more archeologically minded members can likely explain this better, but that's the skinny of it.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Personally i believe in UFO's simply becuase there is so much evidence. As for them being alien, well i don't know about that. I am not going to say no, just that i have no idea.

The pictures in mayan and egyptian carvings i don't think count, sorry i just don't think there are amazingly significant. I do on the other hand find the Dogon tribe very interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are some good ideas there about the Dogon and how they came to find some thing's out about the stars. It's interesting but again doesn't prove anything.

I actually do want it to be aliens, because then maybe scientists could step off the skeptic bench and try andfind more out about our universe and how life started on this and other planets. Wanting something to be true though isn't enough, i need that evidence.

I have said this before "Come on ET i have the beers nice and cold, and a camera at the ready".

[edit on 24-5-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well I happened to know for a fact that the US Army was conducting tests with captured V-2 rockets out of the white sands range area at about this time period.

my guess, its since there was so much hub bub about UFOs some genius got the bright idea to release a statement that a "flying saucer" had crashed to try to coverup a V-2 landing off course expecting everyone would dismiss such a claim out of hand as nonsense. however, people did not...thus the explanation of the retraction not long after.

of course this doesnt explain away so many credible witnesses with claims of "bodies" and "unbendable foil".

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well I happened to know for a fact that the US Army was conducting tests with captured V-2 rockets out of the white sands range area at about this time period.

Again as in the Lonnie Zamora case where people want to claim it was a lunar lander he saw...

Why the secrecy still? We all know what V2 rockets are, we all know what lunar landers are, we all know what flying wings and stealth aircraft are, we know there were UFO-fan like vehicles attempted that didn't work.

All the military has to do is say here's what we were doing and here's the proof that it was a V2 rocket. They don't and apparently can't, so on we go with finding the truth.

As far as Roswell, the Mogul balloon is the USAF answer for what crashed, so bringing in talk of V2 rockets and any other object is not needed. Disprove that and you can pressure the USAF to come up with a better lie or reveal more of the truth.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They're not aliens, they're demons. Doing their best to make us believe that life actaully exists beyond our world, so that we'll waste billions of dollars trying to find it when we could be using that same money to help our world.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
UFOS HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.

CHECK YOUR HISTORY AND YOU SHALL FIND YOUR ANSWER SINCE TELLING MOST SURE DOESN'T HELP.

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN A UFO OR SEEN EXTRA-/TERRESTRIALS YOUR OPINION WOULD CHANGE QUICK.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealbutreal
UFOS HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.

CHECK YOUR HISTORY AND YOU SHALL FIND YOUR ANSWER SINCE TELLING MOST SURE DOESN'T HELP.

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN A UFO OR SEEN EXTRA-/TERRESTRIALS YOUR OPINION WOULD CHANGE QUICK.

Well there was no need for the capitals. I believe in UFO's, i believe in aliens, i do not know however if aliens have visited earth in spacecraft of some kind. Even if i was abducted i would question it in my own mind. Maybe i was simply going insane? Maybe some electrical field caused a hallucination. Maybe there was a massive temporary chemical imbalance in my brain. Or maybe i was abducted, but how could i prove it even to myself?

It is all very difficult when talking about abductions and aliens visiting.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
They're not aliens, they're demons. Doing their best to make us believe that life actaully exists beyond our world, so that we'll waste billions of dollars trying to find it when we could be using that same money to help our world.

What hospital did you just check out of?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well there was no need for the capitals. I believe in UFO's, i believe in aliens, i do not know however if aliens have visited earth in spacecraft of some kind. Even if i was abducted i would question it in my own mind. Maybe i was simply going insane? Maybe some electrical field caused a hallucination. Maybe there was a massive temporary chemical imbalance in my brain. Or maybe i was abducted, but how could i prove it even to myself?

It is all very difficult when talking about abductions and aliens visiting.

Come on now! That just sounds stupid! Getting THEE proof presented to you (being abducted yourself) and then STILL not believing?!?! What is it with you? Do you believe you wake up every morning and live a life? Or is that just some kind of massive temporary chemical imbalance in your brain? I'd rate you at about a 25watt bulb.

Keep smiling!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

Demons, if they are real would be deceptive. However that doesn't really account for the physical evidence collected over the years

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The USA in the 40s used the Atomic Bomb, twice in war aggression. The thought by some is that effort increased the presence and sightings of UFOs. Such well unrespected contactees as Adamski/Meirs and others (not unrespected here BTW), were informed the Human Race must stop Nuclear testing.

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
What hospital did you just check out of?

There are a great number of people that believe that the UFO/Alien phenomenon is in fact spiritual in nature, and there is substantial proof to back it up. We could argue this topic until the end of time and it would still come down to your beliefs vs. my beliefs with proof on both sides. So why don’t you watch whom you accuse of being crazy, ok?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join