It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of work do you do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am a supervisor for a mid-sized, high-end painting company in the Napa Valley. I've been a painter for almost 30 years...
I oversee jobs, do some training, and am also the companies "specialty finishes" guy: wall glazing, wood-graining, marbling and metal leaf work, along with specialty stains and clear finishes.

I earned a BA in History from Sonoma State University, and did 3 years in the US Army as a Forward Observer for an Armored Cav outfit's artillery battery (155 sp's).

Oh, and I seem to be spamming the "member photography" thread lately...it's some kind of compulsion...just like this whole board...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ummm...well....gasp! I am argg in the 'fuel industry' ..please dont throw anything at me, I gotta buy gas too ya know?! I am a broadcastor wannabe and dabbled a little with it. In my spare time, I piddle with NightShift News underground investigative reports. Not real lucrative there, but I love it!

Doctor? I have a personality disorder hehe and it merely created me into a true rennaisance lady.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Been a cook for 15 years now i am head Chef for a Nuclear Powerplant feeding between 1000 thousand to 5000 thousand people on any given day..

Cheers.

Drow...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Now I have a little store and sell beer and wine making supplies and teach people how to make their own hooch.

I'm 18 on June 1st, I'd like to buy some beer from you... :w:

ETA:
You could also teach me how to make my own beer if you like?

[edit on 28-5-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
plumber at a university.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Who can work?

I have to watch ATS.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sure alot of engineers here, they must give away those degrees nowadays

I'm an Estimator for a large Steel Fabricator here in the northwest. I look at Design drawings, figure out how much steel is in them, estimate material, costs and
labor to produce it. This is known in the fabrication world as SWAG. Scientific Wild Ass Guess!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Some of you people sound so impressive, I'm kinda leary to post.
Here goes.
I have been in the grapic arts industry for about 20 years.
And I teach the Japanese sword (katana). It's called Iaido (E I DO). Pronounced just like the song, Old MacDonald had a farm E-I, "E-I-DO".
As well as Kendo (Japanese fencing).

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
xeroxed88, I see you're in the UK, that would make it slightly difficult to get together and brew a batch.
Brewing beer is easy, you only need about $100 in equipment. You never have to buy the equipment again, so after the initial cost your beer ends up costing about $15 a batch. 1 batch = 5 gallons = 2 cases = 48 bottles.
I'd be happy to help you with info through email or U2U's.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
48 bottles?!
I like!

How strong (alc. %), roughly, is the beer you make?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well let's see, I have a lot of x's in my resume...ex military, ex papermaker (tissue) and currently for the last 12 years, I've been a nurse. Thinking seriously about returning to school for a different career though, as it's all about the learning of new things that keep our brains from turning to mush.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
only onus

Thats weird!!!!!

I've been in the printing industry and do some graphic design which I stated back a few pages, but in my spare time I practice Aikido and Kendo!!! Where do live?? mybe I've got a long lost sibling. lol
My younger brother was British junior Kendo champ 3 years running!!!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drow Ingpool
Been a cook for 15 years now i am head Chef for a Nuclear Powerplant feeding between 1000 thousand to 5000 thousand people on any given day..

Cheers.

Drow...

Rock on brother of the toque!
I was a pro chef for about fifteen years too (mostly hotels).
Then, I suddenly decided that I was either going to kill a particularly stupid waiter,
or leave the biz altogether.
I now build, customize and generally mod out guitars for fun and profit and sell little by little
my extensive library on eBay - getting down to the Pratchett now - might have to go back to
work in the kitchens (shudder)

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm a pharmacist.

I am also the resident philosopher around here. It is said (by me and by many others) that I can philosophize my way out of any possible situation... this skill is more useful to me in everyday life then my pharmacy degree

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

How strong (alc. %), roughly, is the beer you make?

It normally goes from 6% to 10%, but you could make it stronger if you wanted to.
Theoretically you could go as high as 25% but that would be pushing the envelope.
You can also make low carb and N/A beer, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that. LOL
A nice round beer belly is the sign of an accomplished brewmeister.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As a Web Editor for local government, my job is to manage a team of content authors and attempt to convert pages upon pages of government-speak into plain accessible English. It is actually funnier than it sounds, as sometimes after all of our hard work, the original authors - in local government far longer than I’ve been alive - plead with us to change it right back as they are only able to understand and write in double-speak. By this point, no one has a clue about the point of the original document. This is probably the version most of the public will see.

In the evenings I turn just a shade more glamorous and pull out my cape with the big W on the back (or in my case a big woolly sweater).

I've just published and sold my fourth short story and I'm currently working on my first novel. My hope is that I'll publish it by next year.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i am a bartender!

and i am loving it!!

Oni x x

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm a Regional Credit Representative.
I'm in the manufacturing & service field of a very large (global) corporation.

I collect money / manage accounts. I sit and talk on the phone all day, except when I'm out with clients.

I love my job, expense account / some travel.

Currently responsible for all accounts in Ohio and Kentucky.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I help farmers use computer software to manage dairy farms. Some of the software just holds database information on the cows, some of it controls robots that actually milk the cows. Most of the time i'm in a small office, but I do get to venture out into the smelly milking parlours for a chat with the farmers once in a while
. So I guess im in the A.T business (Agriculture Technology?)...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
i am a bartender!

and i am loving it!!

Oni x x

I used to work in a bar for 6 years cooking and barbacking. That job was the most fun I've ever had going to work. But the money wan't so good on my end, so I had to get a "real job" as my girlfriend says. Bartenders were the ones making the real cream in that place.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join