It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of work do you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I own a import/distribution biz, but I'm a day trader at heart.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I'm a forex trader and run a nutritional supplements website *psst want some pills*

Xeros, you must have big kohana's. I'm a market freak.
I trade the U.S. equity markets but they only are open from 9:30 to 4

Forex is 24 hours, I'm thinking of opening an account. Major leverage with Forex.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I work desktop support for a major private equity firm.

What firm do you work with? TSCO? SLKC? NITE?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I work for Providence Equity Partners
www.provequity.com...

I'm not too concerned about people I work with finding me on this site though. I don't think it's their kind of site.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm a crafter, I make crap

www.amriza.com...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No actual job at the moment, but I'm a web developer every so often when a job comes up. I strive to make whatever I do as "Web 2.0"ish, as possible, and still be pretty cool. It can rake in about $100-200 a job, fine for me.

I also have alot of my own GPLed projects around, programmer for this, but making very little money.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I currently work at a Screen Printers (screen being the printing method)
I print Destination blinds for Buses and trains , you know for example " 149 Lewisham" n such the flouressent rolls that you see on the front of a bus telling where its going..plus we are the only company that does them in the worl..so next time you see one you can think of me lol!

also I'm a Solo artest producing Music when I'm not at work

www.myspace.com/BlackSynth

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm currently in high school, though I graduate in about three weeks, so
I've already enrolled in Engineering for September, in particular, Nanotechnological engineering, so once again In the meantime I work at Toys "R" Us and assist my Father with his business.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by brill
This thread is invasive and really has nothing to do with conspiracys of any sort. It belongs in BTS at best. What someone does for a living is not indication of what type of person they are, it's just a job.

brill

Um...It is in BTS, you are posting in BTS.

Invasive? Its voluntary, it’s not invasive by definition.

And I will reserve my last comment as it would most likely jeopardize my ability to continue posting. But it was quite funny...

Back to the topic:

I also have a small web based Tee Shirt business specializing in video gaming shirts, make the shirts all by myself!

and so it is.....see what happens kids when you inhale too long. My bad.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm an MD Forensic Neuropsychiatrist; I have an MA and PhD in psychology, an MD, and residency training in internal medicine, neurology and psychiatry, with a Fellowship in neuroscience (total of 13 years of post college training). I worked with DOD for about 10 years before going private. Now, I mainly do evaluations to assess the veracity of insurance claimant's claims of work injury, involving nerve damage, head injury, etc, and perform "security" evaluations of top level military, corporate, and security personnel to assess their veracity, loyalty, etc. (yes we have the technology to do that, and more). Once in a while, my group will evaluate and do a profile for a serial killer or other sociopaths, just for kicks. Also, I see a few patient's who have chronic nerve damage pain and post concussive syndromes. Originally trained (and worked) as an emergency room Doctor, I went back to residency to have a more comfortable and financially rewarding life style. I do work for various government agencies, as well as insurance companies, and often perform amytal interviews. Our group currently has a grant to develop a system for assessing voice and handwriting to ID veracity vs. dissimulation (i.e.g lying). In my spare time, I day trade index options and precious metals futures, and am approaching making more money trading than from being a doctor. Aint the economy great!!!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im a student.

Tax payers pay my wages.....

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This thread is invasive and really has nothing to do with conspiracys of any sort. It belongs in BTS at best. What someone does for a living is not indication of what type of person they are, it's just a job.

brill

Um...It is in BTS, you are posting in BTS.

Invasive? Its voluntary, it’s not invasive by definition.

And I will reserve my last comment as it would most likely jeopardize my ability to continue posting. But it was quite funny...

Back to the topic:

I also have a small web based Tee Shirt business specializing in video gaming shirts, make the shirts all by myself!

and so it is.....see what happens kids when you inhale too long. My bad.

Brill,
I am not in anyway trying to be disrespectful. You seem very defensive on this topic. Are you dissatisfied with your job? Your 9 to 5 does not define your person. It can tell alot about a person though. I thought it was a great idea for ATS members to get to know each other better. Do we have to have serious discussions on conspiracy's 24/7? As Skippy pointed out to you, this thread is on BTS. I don't see how it is invasive. Last time I checked there is no one holding a gun to my head making me reply. If you don't feel comfortable disclosing what you do for a living then don't, simple as that.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Where to start...I have put roof's on houses, been an auto tech for Ford, umm, land suveyor for five years, but for the past 4, Animal Control Officer....best one I've had in all my 37 years.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by irishmen3g]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm brand new to this board, I don't usually have much time for surfing the web, but i found this site and think it's interesting. I am a self employed aircraft inspector/mechanic (A&P/IA). I have over 20 yrs experience working on all types of aircraft from a 1940 model Waco biplane to a 757, spent 7 yrs in the Navy as a hydraulics/structures mechanic on FA-18's and A-4's, and I have worked on a couple dozen or more contract jobs in repair stations, FBO's, etc. Most of my experience is in general and corporate aviation. I have a tremendous practical knowledge of a lot of different aircraft, but I am not an expert in all areas by any means. If I don't know something for a fact, I won't pass it off as fact. I'd be happy to answer any aircraft related questions from anyone, and if I don't know the answer I can find out.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Right now? No job. In 1 year? Russian soldier. 100%. Nothing will stop me from joining, not even my relatives mumbling about how bad it is. lol

so you can just say I'm a Russian soldier

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
oh yeah, maybe I do CURRENTLY have a job. I rap. I'm also puting my great art skills to work on a russian military comic. Whether I'll make any money from this stuff remains to be seen. So until I get a penny, lets just call this hobbies. Until.............

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Obviously, people are multi-dimensional; BUT, you essentially ARE what you Do.
So those who have trouble with that and find themselves in a defensive mode, look in the yellowpages under psychotherapy or counseling. Spend six months and $6k and you may be better, unless you have a personality disorder and then you have NO HOPE.
All in all, this thread is simply trying to let members know what we all do.
Suppress the defensiveness!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
well i go to a votech in perth amboy nj, the school is about 3 years old and cost 30 million bucks and already the roof leaks and junk broke, well i take auto mechanics and in the future after i graduate i am thinking of joining the army and being a mechanic on the hummers, then when i get out of the army i plan on working for gm hummer dealerships as a hummer tech, and if none of that works out ill be a cop

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Wouldnt it be funny if you are sitting a few cubes from me right now?

* flings holy water *

Begone unclean spirit!
Come not in that form! Come not in that form!
The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!

*waving censer of frankincense vigorously*

Thats why I dont post my title. My title is very specific to the company I work for, if one of the 1000 people in my office reads these boards, they would know instantly that I worked with them.

Whew! I work for a much smaller outfit only about, well, let's just say, less than a hundred people where I work . . .

That was too close though.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am a Financial Planner and work at a Fraternal Insurance Company.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorwork
All in all, this thread is simply trying to let members know what we all do.

doctorwork,

According to several members, here, your 2 year anniversary on ATS should be quite interesting, to say the least?!

As for me ... Jack of many, master of few ... if any

Oddly, it all started @12 making $2/hr. raising cattle and bailing hay.

7 days and 60+ hrs./wk

Looking back? ... Those were some fine times!

Perhaps, I'll go reminisce now ...
[saunters off pondering days gone bye]

[edit on 5/24/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join