It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone on the east coast see this right now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to say so, but it's entirely possible that the originator of this thread may have been abducted.

I went outside, looked up at the cloud covered sky and did not see the planet sized object in question anywhere. Is there something wrong with my technique?

[edit on 24-5-2006 by signs]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
skadi...
I never said anyone was an idiot. Please don't put words in my mouth. Also, I did look him up and he did post on threads relating to the comet. And he has been online since he posted originally. That's why I said that I thought he was pushing the comet story. Also, he hasn't come back with any updates. Don't you find that strange?
If you want to sit here and argue about whether he saw the moon, sun, cloud, whatever, go ahead. I would think he might be able to give us a little more info. I just think it's funny that his thread has gotten as many replys as it has.
Sorry if I offended the righteous. I just think he's BSing us, and if not, that he could provide us with more than "what's that up in the sky".

[edit on 24-5-2006 by mecheng]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
skadi...
I never said anyone was an idiot. Please don't put words in my mouth. Also, I did look him up and he did post on threads relating to the comet. And he has been online since he posted originally. That's why I said that I thought he was pushing the comet story. Also, he hasn't come back with any updates. Don't you find that strange?
If you want to sit here and argue about whether he saw the moon, sun, cloud, whatever, go ahead. I would think he might be able to give us a little more info. I just think it's funny that his thread has gotten as many replys as it has.
Sorry if I offended the righteous. I just think he's BSing us, and if not, that he could provide us with more than "what's that up in the sky".

[edit on 24-5-2006 by mecheng]

You have not offended the righteous.

I just think that its very premature to claim him a hoaxer. So what if hes all for the comet story? I think the comet story is BS too. Its smells alot like the Aussie Bloke hoax. However, that does not mean that he has not seen the object in question. I see all the time people on here trying to sell David Ickes theories, and then claim to have contact with astral entities and reptilians. These people more than likely believe their claims.

And I dont believe this guy is trying to push a hoax. Since he believes a comet is going to strike earth and create a disaster, he is probably watching the sky more than he used to, and is noticing things he never has seen before that have always been there. Thus, he might believe he is seeing a piece of comet or a UFO, even if it is most likely a planet or something like it. If he does not have a digital scanner or a digital camera, I dont see how he is going to be able to post some "proof" of his sighting.

This site attracts people from the skeptic to believers in the most far out theories. Until we are given clear evidence that a person is yanking our chain (which every hoaxer on this site, given time, hangs himself on his own BS) then we should at least give someone the benefit of the doubt when they are relaying personal experience.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
well I saw something either saturday or sunday afternoon was really wierd thoe im almost certain it was the sun, it was about as big as where the son and was where light seemed to be coming from the wierd part thoe was that I could look at it, with no problem, it had no rays coming from it. It kinda looked like a bright moon but it was still not even sunset I dont know what caused it to look so odd but it was deffinetly a first on me.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You were probably seeing Venus. It's visible in the daytime, in a crescent phase right now (which is when it's its brightest), and not too far from the Sun.

Case closed by logic, yet again!

Also, check this out for future reference of seeing something in the sky: Astronomy: So You See a Bright Light?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
well for me thishas been a very nice joke or a hoax, no more than that, if he in reality would see something that kind he would go for a cam take a picture, or say where exactly he saw the thing, what hour, what place..and he would encourage people to get outside...but still op has not come back, no new info and everbodywho has go outside has saw anything of that kind... I guess op wanted to make a joke or an hoax and we know how ATS board is.....so this has been a joke or an hoax..or maybe he have never watch the sky carefully and saw venus and mistake this with something lese..or jupiter that right now it's really bright in the sky (perfect time if you have a telescope to see it)..

So i would encorage moderators to stick to rules...if not evidence is posted by the op..warn him that the next time he does this silly stuff for fun he can get banned...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
...if he in reality would see something that kind he would go for a cam take a picture, or say where exactly he saw the thing, what hour, what place..and he would encourage people to get outside...

Not everyone has a camera. OP said near the Sun, which, while vague, during the daytime it sort of limits the chancesof what it was. The title of the thread said "right now," which more than likely meant as of the post, which was at about 2:20 PM. Though, I agree the place should have been a lot more accurrate. Not a hoax, just very poor information given about the object.

I have to recind my previous statement, though, as it was probably the Moon. It's heading towards a new phase right now, so it's fairly close to the Sun as well. Those slim crescents are neat to see.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I was looking at the very very thin cresent moon last week myself. What a spectacular sight. The cresent was so small, it was barely visible, but with earthshine, you could see the entire moon (very faint, but visible). The moon still intrigues me after all these years.

p.s. Cmdr, love your new avatar. One of my favourite movies of all time!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
skadi... fair enough.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join