It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan or kobe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I WAS ASKED THE OTHER DAY ABOUT WHO I THOUGHT WAS BETTER MICHAEL JORDAN OR KOBE BRYANT THIS IS THE QUESTION THAT HAS PLAGUED MAN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF KOBE'S CAREER AND THE END OF MJ'S CAREER. I PUT THERE CAREERS INTO THIS PROSPECTIVE IN THE BEGINNING OF JORDANS CAREER HE WAS PROBABLY AS GOOD AS KOBE IS NOW EXCEPT FOR SHOOTING JORDAN DID NOT REALLY DEVELOPE GREAT SHOOTING UNTIL LATER IN HIS CAREER. IN KOBES BEGINNING HE REALLY DID NOT PLAY AS GOOD UNTIL ABOUT HIS 3RD YEAR AND THATS WHEN HE STARTED WINNING HIS CHAMPIONSHIPS KOBE HAS ALWAYS HAD A ALL AROUND GAME AND THEIR DEFENSE IS ABOUT THE SAME. THEIR CAREERS SEEM TO BE IN REVERSE JORDAN COULDNT WIN TIL LATER IN HIS CAREER AND KOBE WON EARLY IN HIS. SO I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT KOBE IS THE BETTER PLAYER ALL AROUND JORDAN IS A BETTER WINNER. THIS IS KIND OF LIKE A BIG BROTHER LITTLE BROTHER THING WHERE EVERYONE THINKS THAT THE BIG BROTHER IS GREAT, BUT WHAT THE LITTLE BROTHER DOES IS ALWAYS COMPARED AND FALLS SHORT OF WHAT HIS BIG BROTHER HAS DONE.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by asala]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Although Kobe may be a better shooter with a higher scoring average, one man can't do it all, atleast not for a season.
Jordan made everyone better, and he had the mind game down. He controlled the games and the series and let his teamates be the dagger. Where as I think Kobe, for the most part, just scores points. There's a huge difference. With that in mind, Jordan was just as much a complete player, it just depends on which players style you'd rather have on your team. I'll take Jordan, no doubt.
IMO, pure luck is the only reason the Lakers won those 3 titles. I think they should only have 1 with Shaq and Kobe, and I'm a Lakers fan, or used to be anyways.

Would the Bulls in their prime have beaten the Shaq and Kobe Lakers?

I think they would have destroyed them mentally then physically.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Turn off your caps lock button next time pls.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Kobe had Shaq, Jordan had spares!!
Go Mavs!!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I do not think that there is anyway possible that the bulls would have come anywhere close to the Lakers during their playoff runs and three championships Shaq would have killed Luc Longley and Jordan and Kobe would have off set while Pippen might have been the only way the Bulls could win he is dont someone you can rely on.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For all you peaople that like to Tawk Sportz, why not come over to ATS's sister site SportzTawk. Come talk about all the sports you want. I'll be there to have any kinda debate you'd like or whatever. Also, my Playoffs thread over there may be of interest to you guys.

BTW, I'm GiantsFan over there.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
I do not think that there is anyway possible that the bulls would have come anywhere close to the Lakers during their playoff runs and three championships Shaq would have killed Luc Longley and Jordan and Kobe would have off set while Pippen might have been the only way the Bulls could win he is dont someone you can rely on.

I think you're forgetting something. The only reason the Laker's beat the Kings was because Vlade tipped that rebound out to the 3 point line where Horry happened to be standing, with less then 10 seconds on the clock in the 4th qtr of game 7. If Vlade had just pulled it down, the Kings would have went to the finals and not the Lakers. So in a sense, Vlade won the battle with Shag. You don't think Longley could have?
Another example. The Blazers had the Lakers down by what, 14 points to begin the 4th qtr of game 7? The only reason the Blazers didn't go to the finals was they couldn't atleast put up 15 points in the 4th due to the Lakers trying to start fights (Fox on Pippen) and such. That's when I lost all respect for the Lakers. Until then, they were always my team. It was a joke, they resorted to physical head games. The Lakers were beat and knew it. It sucks they won like that. So were they really that good? Nope.
Ok, so Shaq would have got his points on Longley or the reserves. Kobe and Jordan would have each got theirs. BUT, Pippen and Grant would have absolutely killed Fox and Horry, while Paxson, Hodges, Armstrong or Kerr would have easily matched Fisher. Now throw Jordan's game control in that mix and what do you get? The Lakers smoked in 6.

Oh yeah, and don't forget about the "Worm". It would have been great to see Rodman punk Rick Fox. It would have taken his head-trip crap right out of the game.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by livenlearn]

new topics

top topics

join