It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Guns, Hello Totaltarianism!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well if this goes into effect, it isn't the criminals one shouldn't be worried about the criminals! I've watched alot of police shows of late, and I notice one object that is starting to stand out . The swat teams are carrying silenced MP5A's. If no one hears gun shots, then no one will know anything is happening. If no one knows it is happening, it can continue without notice. Even if it got noticed a couple of times, it still would allow the public to stay in the dark. Besides if the guns are outlawed, with what can an ordinary citizen stand against an armed totaltarian government that decides to alter the rest of the constitution, or make it null and void. I have other posts, but this much I will say: "Very dark and evil times lay ahead for the citizens of the United States." It amazes me that some little organization like the U.N. thinks because that thier name is U.N. that all should bow to them and give thier power and allegience to them. Above all, the nations represented there can't even run thier own countries, of which many are small by comparison. How can they even begin to think that they could run the whole planet! They can't even bring peace to even the smallest of countries, and they allow the unrest to continue. If they are not the answer to the problem, then they are the cause.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Got link?

Maybe a quote from the story?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What makes you think that the Police will be on the UN's side? Some of the biggest gun buffs I know are cops.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Got link?

Maybe a quote from the story?

Are you kiddin? A link to what? What story? Honestly it's getting to a point where if somebody posts something like "I like Marmalade", somebody on this site is going to ask for a link to something to proove it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Were you trying to respond to the UN thread and hit the wrong button by accident?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Are you kiddin? A link to what? What story? Honestly it's getting to a point where if somebody posts something like "I like Marmalade", somebody on this site is going to ask for a link to something to proove it.

How much real proof can something on the internet be? I can make a good looking site and post anything I want on it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Are you kiddin? A link to what? What story?

A link to a story that says the UN is trying to ban guns.

Honestly it's getting to a point where if somebody posts something like "I like Marmalade", somebody on this site is going to ask for a link to something to proove it.

I wasn't asking him to prove anything I was asking what he was talking about. I didn't know about the UN thing till I just now read it in Other Current Events.

Originally posted by ugm84
Well if this goes into effect,

If WHAT goes into effect? That's what I was asking about. Take a pill or something.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok guys enough of this...do some research before posting because people don't believe you. I know what you are talking about the UN, just check on yahoo news...

www.gunsandammomag.com...

www.stopungunban.org...

www.middletownca.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

Enough links, enjoy buddies...

Please wake up though, this is getting pretty serious. So many things happening at once....

ITS JUST A DISTRACTION TO THE REAL PROBLEMS! THINGS ARE HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES AND STUFF LIKE THIS IS JUST RHETORIC TO GET US AWAY FROM SOME OF THE REAL PROBLEMS....

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh if only there was a world wide ban on guns, would that not be heaven? I wish this would happen. Here in Canada most people don't own a weapon and as a result we have a fraction of the gun related crime our southern neighbours do (yes, I realize we have a much smaller population but even so).

Honestly, everytime I go down to Florida for a vacation or something I'm scared to honk my horn or yell at somebody for fear they might blow my brains out.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
without the ability to protect oneself from the police/military...i dont know what would happen but it definately wouldnt be democracy or a republic.

the government is supposed to be for the people, by the people, of the people but lately it seems to be oppressing the people, certainly not "by" the people, and of course not of the people due to extreme political corruption. politicians arent human, theyre in fact reptilians...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good thread, thanks for starting it.

On one hand, taking away a country's guns from the populace is always the first thing that they do in their march to fascism, so peple won't fight back.

However, our guns would be pretty useless under say martial law, where they (law enforcement) would be equipped with the most high-tech weaponry one can imagine; what good would our guns be then? They can drop nuclear bombs on us if they want.

I believe strongly in the citizen's right to own a gun. I'm not a hunter, but I live in the country and need to protect my animals from raccoons, etc. Also, for defense against intruders. Nor am I a conservative Republican. I'm a left-wing liberal but on the gun issue, I believe the right(wing) is right.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
without the ability to protect oneself from the police/military...i dont know what would happen but it definately wouldnt be democracy or a republic.

Protect yourself from the police? The only people that would need to protect themselves from the police are mobsters and criminals. The only times you hear of police brutality and corrupt cops are on the news, which usually twist the story and make a huge deal about it in order to attract a bigger audience. Stop being so darn paranoid about the police, they risk their lives for your sake and they certainly don't deserve to be treated this way by the public, put yourselves in their shoes for just one day.

And on the topic of gun control, what's so bad about it? Is a society without guns really so horrible? Just compare the statistics between Tokyo and New York City. Tokyo is the safest major city in the world, mostly due to its strict gun control. Per one million people, there are only 40 muggings while New York City has about 11,000 per million people. Also, the handgun murder rate in NYC is 200x higher than in Tokyo. Armed robberies in Japan are so rare that they make national news, no matter where they occur. It is only 1.4 per 100,000 people, in NYC its 221 per 100,000. All of this despite the fact that Tokyo is much denser than New York City and its population is higher too. Tokyo has 12mill while New York City only has 8mill people..

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Already in discussion...

UN Global Gun Ban Conference July 4th, 2006

Thread closed.

top topics

join