It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban using human shields in Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
From what i've seen... there is nothing strategic or pin-point about any of the American bombings going on. It's blanket bombing. Anyone else here have friends that came home from over there?? Stories of Napalm(sp)... just too sad. I feel bad for the innocent people and I dont believe most of the news reports. The only thing that our lying President has said that was truth... was... "I'll do whatever it takes"... even if that means killing innocent civilians.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by thecandyman]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by truthseeka
And where did you get racism? Wow...this coming from the guy who hates Muslims.

There is plenty of wrong doing across all the boards, but this thread is not about the Israelis at all. I understand the point you're trying to make, but it becomes redundant when every thread you take the opportunity to go after the zionists, no matter how you tie it into the topic. I don't think I've ever read a post where Skippy said he "hates" muslims, but I guess it seems like he does, just like it seems like you hate zionists. But your hate, if it exists, is justified by the evil things you believe they do, right? Well, all racists believe those they hate are evil and less human.

Ok...

I saw human shields, and the first thing I thought about was Israel. I'm sure other countries use human shields, but Israel (and now Afghanistan) are the only ones I know about.

I brought this up because Skippy said the West doesn't do this kind of thing that the "animals" do. I brought it up to prove him wrong. And, come to think of it, Israel does it more hands on than the Taliban.

The Taliban, from this article, appear to use a variation of the "selfish herd." The Israelis have found multiple uses for human shields, including the use a la True Crime and Dead to Rights. You know, where you actually hide behind someone and shoot people.

I gotta admit, it's pretty effective on Dead to Rights. You often have 20-30 dudes shooting at you; snatching one as a human shield keeps those pesky bullets from tagging you. That move saved my ass a lot in that game. It was harder to use in True Crime, though; I only pulled it off once.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Monster

The Taliban are obviously part of the Afghan population. Why the hell am I even wasting my time sitting here arguing with you about this? God damn. There are much more important issues here.

I think you will find that the Taliban comes from Pakistan. And i also think you will find what the meaning of taliban is.
Taliban means those who study the book (referring to the Qur'an). It is derived from the Arabic word for seeker or student.
Check this out for more info
Makes good reading.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh yeah...

How is it racist to hate Zionists? I assume it is also racist to hate Nazis, then? And, if you're going to use the Zionist catchphrase...please, don't. Zionists do NOT equal Jews; hell, the Zionists basically spit on Judaism.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I think you will find that the Taliban comes from Pakistan. And i also think you will find what the meaning of taliban is.
Taliban means those who study the book (referring to the Qur'an). It is derived from the Arabic word for seeker or student.
Check this out for more info
Makes good reading.

You will find I have already aknowledged they came from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere. This is far deeper than just Pakistan. Thanks for your link but I've read it several times before.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Oh yeah...

How is it racist to hate Zionists? I assume it is also racist to hate Nazis, then? And, if you're going to use the Zionist catchphrase...please, don't. Zionists do NOT equal Jews; hell, the Zionists basically spit on Judaism.

Well, I guess by way of semanitcs you're right, a zionist is just a jew who believes they are supposed to return to their "homeland". But then somebody is not racist if they hate muslims either, since Islam is a religion, not a race. Either way, it is the blanket hatred of a large group of people one does not know personally, and hates because of the actions of a few or preconcieved notions about them.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Well, I guess by way of semanitcs you're right, a zionist is just a jew who believes they are supposed to return to their "homeland". But then somebody is not racist if they hate muslims either, since Islam is a religion, not a race. Either way, it is the blanket hatred of a large group of people one does not know personally, and hates because of the actions of a few or preconcieved notions about them.

Not really.

From what I've learned, the Zionists went against bible god by forcing a homeland for the Jews to be created. The real Jews acknowledge that bible god kicked them out of the promised land because they turned away from him. The Zionists are not even that religious.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It is revealing how so many on this thread condone what the coaltion forces have done and are doing to innocent civilians. It's just too easy for the heartless cretins manning the high tech weaponry consoles to push the "fire" button, and then laugh like the stupid robotic drone imbeciles they've become.

The article says "The reports indicated that while Taliban fighters were on the run from coalition forces in the Panjwayi district, they took refuge in civilian homes, which were then bombed by coalition forces, according to a news release from the Afghanistan government. "

Did you all get what that says? Or were you too busy trying to come up with excuses for that unconscionable criminal behavior. But, who the hell cares? Those civilians aren't your family or friends. Stupid pathetic jackasses all of you.

[edit on 5/24/2006 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
You are right we were not. So how can be that positive it happened your way?

And how can you be so Positive it happend Your way?
My point was, that no matter what happened, the US Army will sure take care of their own, even if the killed 60 civilians, you and I will never ever find out about that (that was just hypothetica). I am just EXTREMLY skeptic when reading these reports, or pre-made news planted in corporate media today by the USARMY PR-O's. I have observed many times, how the news changed rapidly over few days, regarding the civilanc casualties in an alleged assault of terrorist hideouts - which later prooved out to be civilan homes.

Yes that is correct and according to the reports those buildings were Infiltrated therefore they were legal targets.

You mean lika according to the reports in this events?

US Air Strike Kills Iraqi Family of 12
US Raids Iraqi House, Killing Family of as many as 13
Behind the Steel Curtain: The Real Face of the Occupation

Now those are very Related events, each one of them prooving how the corporate media always tries to protect US armed forces at the beginning, saying that the people killed were Insurgents, Terrorists, all around Bad Guys - but when slowly reports start to come out, from the People who were actually there, witnesess, doctors, family members, then things get tricky.

Find any relations with the event in this Thread yet?

Kindly do not put words in my mouth I have never said any thing of the kind.

Forgive me for being arrogant, but I have a feeling like that. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Why don't you explain why it is OK in your book for insurgents to break the rules?

As we have realized before, US, Iraq and Afganistan have NOT Signed the 4th Geneva convention and Protocol I addition - meaning that US armed forces are just as Bad as those "Terrorists" they are supposed to Hunt. None of the Parties involved is OBEYING the World Wide International Rules.

But tell me - what is Worse; Not obeying the Rules and being in your HOMELAND, armed with extremly old RPG and an AK47? Or Not obeying the Rules and marching on SOMEBODY Elses Homeland, armed with all possible Modern War Technology you can think of?

Who is BADDER in this case?

Seems to be an awful lot of that going on including using civilians as shield, yet you never speak out against the insurgents when they do it and I want to know why you do not object to that horrid behavior?????

US invasion of Afganistan CREATED this Insurgent/Terrorist resistance - it did not come out of nowhere, out of nothingness. You think they love playing cats and dogs around their country? You think they enjoy killing people? You think they would not love to do something else? Oh, that's right, they are a bunch of savage murderors, trained to kill.

Just like the US Marines.

Send a Maniac to catch a Maniac.

Now as for the last part I snipped out, you know darned well the Geneva convention only applies to humane treatment when it comes to insurgents because they do not wear uniforms so using it over and over to defend them only makes you look foolish.

I am not defending them - I am critisizing the US tactics.

There is a Difference, but you can not see that. The moment that somebody says a word against your precious goverment, he is "Terrorist Buddy", "Insurgent Lover", "Pinko-Commie" and plenty of some other nice words. But you just can not accept the critique, your only defence is attack.

If you do not know, you are also defending people, which are not signatory members of the 4th Geneva Convention, which have repeteadly killed ALOT of civilans with impunity and totaly ignorance for any Human Rights or Respect for Human Life. The only difference is, that Your Boys wear uniforms.

And as I said before, in the first part of this reply - we have NO idea what happened; there are only specualtions based on our own experiences from the past. And you already know what my Experience is, right?

The media are minimising US and British war crimes in Iraq

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I never said I was postive.
Again I ask that you not put words in my mouth.

My point was, that no matter what happened, the US Army will sure take care of their own, even if the killed 60 civilians, you and I will never ever find out about that (that was just hypothetica).

And if they were military forces from your country; your country would do the very same.

Your hypocrisy is showing

[edit on 5/24/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And if they were military forces from your country; your country would do the very same.

So you are saying that USArmy and other Coalition forces - like the UK - are actually protecting themselves, by skewing and distroting information coming out of the battlefield?

I am sure that every countries Armed forces ARE doing the same.

Nothing new.

[edit on 24/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So you are saying that USArmy and other Coalition forces - like the UK - are actually protecting themselves, by skewing and distroting information coming out of the battlefield?

No I am not; so stop twisting my words as you so often try. What I stated was your country would do the same nothing more.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

No I am not; so stop twisting my words as you so often try. What I stated was your country would do the same nothing more.

Firstly - MY Country would hardly Invade any other Country, since we do not have the weapon technology to even Defend ourselves and our Airspace.

Secondly - so you are saying that MY country would do that, but US or UK are NOT doing that as we speak, since they are involved in few theaters of war where things do get out of control?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Firstly - MY Country would hardly Invade any other Country, since we do not have the weapon technology to even Defend ourselves and our Airspace.

Nice diversion Souljah you know darn well your military would do the very same if given their chance, why not just admit it rather then use your usual tactics to turn what one says around?

Secondly - so you are saying that MY country would do that, but US or UK are NOT doing that as we speak, since they are involved in few theaters of war where things do get out of control?

Again I never said any such thing, all I have stated was your country would do the same.

Now you better hope your forces in Iraq never get themselves into a similar situation in Iraq, because you can bet your sweet biffy I will never let you hear the end of it. Now b4 you try and jump all over me and say it is impossible remember that even peacekeepers have been known to attack others and defend themselves when they are threatened.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think the analogy to a hostage situation is more apt then it was given credit for and is hardly apples and oranges. We have lost sight of the fact that terrorists are criminal organizations no more dangerous then any other organized criminal group.

Take the gang MS 13 for instance.
Recently they've been declared a threat to nation security with potential ties to terrorism, they have an estimated 10,000 members in America alone, upwards of 40,000 throughout Central America. Do you see us bombing the barrio to counter-act this?

We are not at war with Afghanistan, the Taliban was deposed. They are nothing more then mountain bandits at this point any gains they've made recently is due to our own negligence. We are surpressing an insurgent force this is a police action.

The only reason we are bombing civilians is because we can get away with it. We would not apply such tactics against our own

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Nice diversion Souljah you know darn well your military would do the very same if given their chance, why not just admit it rather then use your usual tactics to turn what one says around?

If you would pay attention, I have said earlier the following, and I quote:

I am sure that every countries Armed forces ARE doing the same.

Meaning also My country with Humble and Pahtetic armed forces, which could not - as I have said before also - occupy another country, since they have problems with defending the small territory that we have.

But an Army is an Army and ofcourse one of the goals of Armed forces - ANY armed forces - is to protect themselves, even if they have done wrong.

Again I never said any such thing, all I have stated was your country would do the same.

As I have said before - they would; but you are repeatedly avoiding the question, if YOUR country IS actually DOING that RIGHT NOW.

Now you better hope your forces in Iraq never get themselves into a similar situation in Iraq, because you can bet your sweet biffy I will never let you hear the end of it. Now b4 you try and jump all over me and say it is impossible remember that even peacekeepers have been known to attack others and defend themselves when they are threatened.

Oh, I really share very little compassion for our dumb defense ministers, who took the initiative to take our boys down to Iraq. They are just as Dumb and Shallow as every other politician. And I was against Slovenia joining NATO in the first place, since we really have nothing to do in such an allance in my humble opinion.

And Peacekeepers are there to PRESERVE PEACE - not bomb Civilans from Airspace. That is not a Peacekeeper anymore, that is an Occupational Army. Bottom line is, that US and UK (mainly) armed forces are repeatedly disrespecting rights of civilan residents living in Iraq and Afganistan, and I am very sure that this kind of "Incidents" would not have happened, if this battles would be going on in their Backyard in their Homes. But since it's some Taliban - ah well, they can bomb the crap out of them, and gather "intelligence" later.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Bottom line is, that US and UK (mainly) armed forces are repeatedly disrespecting rights of civilan residents living in Iraq and Afganistan, and I am very sure that this kind of "Incidents" would not have happened, if this battles would be going on in their Backyard in their Homes.

What about the Cowardly Taliban that are using innocent civilians as shields?

I know as hard as you want you like to blame it all on the US/UK forces yet you consistently neglect the wrong doing of the Taliban. Why is that?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What about the Cowardly Taliban that are using innocent civilians as shields?

How exactly do you know that the Cowardly Taliban were using innocent as Shields?

Haven't we established before that WE Do Not Know What Happened - since none of us was actually there?

I know as hard as you want you like to blame it all on the US/UK forces yet you consistently neglect the wrong doing of the Taliban. Why is that?

The problem is, that NONE of the parties involved in this conflict is NOT a signatory member of the Fourth Geneva Convention - meaning, that US/UK armed forces are Just as BAD, or IMHO even Worse then the Terrible Taliban they are "Hunting"; since, US/UK forces possess much greater technology and military hardware, meaning they could carpet bomb each and evey village at their desire.

And I thought that War in Afganistan (and Iraq) was Over and that it was Misson Accomplished - so, this should be a "Peacekeeping Mission" Right?

In your eyes US/UK forces can not and did not do anything wrong - ever!

This is where you are wrong.

And that is why the Taliban are still resisting - as well as several Insurgents in Iraq.

Or do you think that they are just Bored to death?

[edit on 24/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

How exactly do you know that the Cowardly Taliban were using innocent as Shields?

Because the news reported they were.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered an investigation into reports of the deaths of 16 civilians killed while apparently being used as human shields during fighting around Kandahar.

The reports indicated that while Taliban fighters were on the run from coalition forces in the Panjwayi district, they took refuge in civilian homes, which were then bombed by coalition forces, according to a news release from the Afghanistan government. CNN.com

Haven't we established before that WE Do Not Know What Happened - since none of us was actually there?

No you established that on your own, again stop putting words in my mouth. All I did was agree with you that none of us were there. I made no allegations one way or the other nor did I deny them. You however;,,,,,,,, Oh forget it..............

The problem is, that NONE of the parties involved in this conflict is NOT a signatory member of the Fourth Geneva Convention - meaning, that US/UK armed forces are Just as BAD, or IMHO even Worse then the Terrible Taliban they are "Hunting"; since, US/UK forces possess much greater technology and military hardware, meaning they could carpet bomb each and evey village at their desire.

So the US/UK in your mind are always the bad guys on the block even though the cowardly taliban agents used civilians as human shields. :shk:

Here is a big hint for you if the taliban had not hidden in those homes and [returned hostile fire] those civilians might still be alive, but thats OK they are dead now so lets lay all the blame on the UK and US forces just for the hell of it seems to be your attitude. :shk:

This is where you are wrong.

There you go again, you are trying to put words in my mouth. I have never said anything of the kind, so how can I be wrong?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Because the news reported they were.

But - haven't we said before, that we Both have no idea what happened?
the NEWS got the story from who?
The Taliban?
Probably from the US armed forces and the US puppet Afgani goverment led by Hamid "ENRON" Karzaii.

No you established that on your own, again stop putting words in my mouth. All I did was agree with you that none of us were there. I made no allegations one way or the other nor did I deny them. You however;,,,,,,,, Oh forget it..............

Well let's roll the film back a little bit:

I said:
And none of us was there in the first place, so none of us can claim that they are right.

You said:
You are right we were not. So how can be that positive it happened your way?

I said:

You said:
I never said I was postive.

Now what does that tell you? I understand, that you are NOT positive about what happened in the first place? So, if you are not positive what actually happened, how can you defend one side?

You say:
I made no allegations one way or the other nor did I deny them.

Hey - thats like the new White House Press Secretary Tony favourite words:

"I can neither Confirm nor Deny!"

So the US/UK in your mind are always the bad guys on the block even though the cowardly taliban agents used civilians as human shields. :shk:

I thought One side was the Civlized, the Democratic, the Just one, representing the International Law and Justice - but I guess there is no such side in Afganistan nor Iraq.

Can you see one?

Here is a big hint for you if the taliban had not hidden in those homes and [returned hostile fire] those civilians might still be alive, but thats OK they are dead now so lets lay all the blame on the UK and US forces just for the hell of it seems to be your attitude. :shk:

Let us roll back the film once again.
We actually do not know what happened - there could be Taliban hiding among civilans, but on the other side there could be not; there could be just yet one of those "Colateral Damage Attacks" caused by "Bad Intel" a "Glitch, an "Error" you know?

So you admit they did "something wrong"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join