It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Say Reinvestigate 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The US public is not buying the 'official' government explanation of 9/11. A new Zogby Poll indicates that a majority of Americans would like to see a new and preferably impartial investigation of the events of 9/11. The word cover up has been cited and 66% of Americans feel a need to reopen the case. The political implications could loom large in the next election.

www.prweb.com

Zogby Poll: Over 70 Million American Adults Support New 9/11 Investigation

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

The poll is the first scientific survey of Americans' belief in a 9/11 cover up or the need to investigate possible US government complicity, and was commissioned to inform deliberations at the June 2~4 "9/11: Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming Our Future" conference in Chicago. Poll results indicate 42% believe there has indeed been a cover up (with 10% unsure) and 45% think "Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success" (with 8% unsure).

Utica, NY (PRWEB) May 22, 2006 -- 911Truth.org urges 2006 reform candidates to recognize a powerful new constituency.

Although the Bush administration continues to exploit September 11 to justify domestic spying, unprecedented spending and a permanent state of war, a new Zogby poll reveals that less than half of the American public trusts the official 9/11 story or believes the attacks were adequately investigated.

The poll is the first scientific survey of Americans' belief in a 9/11 cover up or the need to investigate possible U.S. government complicity, and was commissioned to inform deliberations at the June 2~4 "9/11: Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming our Future" conference in Chicago. Poll results indicate 42% believe there has indeed been a cover up (with 10% unsure) and 45% think "Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success" (with 8% unsure). The poll of American residents was conducted from Friday, May 12 through Tuesday, May 16, 2006. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/- 2.9. All inquiries about questions, responses and demographics should be directed to Zogby International.

According to Janice Matthews, executive director of 911truth.org, "To those of us who have followed the mounting evidence for US government involvement in 9/11, these results are both heartening and frankly quite amazing, given the mainstream media's ongoing refusal to cover the most critical questions of that day.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The latest Zogby Poll indicates that a very lagre number of Americans are not happy with the government sponsored 9/11 Commission. A large majority want a new and non-biased investigation. The implications of this poll are enormous. Everything that has been done since 9/11 was predicated on those events. If a new investigation was done and the government implicated in any way the cards may all tumble. Even if no new investigation is forth coming a lagre number of voters are not impressed nor convinced that this administration has been safe guarding the people. It puts whole new spin on war profiteering, pretext for war, the oil factor and many many more government actions. Has the sleeping giant awoke?

Related News Links:

mod edit spelling

[edit on 23-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The results of 66% are from 2004. This poll actually shows 45% are in favor of re-investigating the attacks opposed to 47% that feel the attacks were adequately investigated. Considering the margin of error in the poll this is a statistical dead heat. By no means a large majority.

Copied and pasted from the Word document available from source url
26. Some people say that so many unanswered questions about 9/11 remain that Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success. Other people say the 9/11 attacks were thoroughly investigated and that any speculation about US government involvement is nonsense. Who are you more likely to agree with?

The attacks were thoroughly investigated 47%
Reinvestigate the attacks 45
Not sure 8

With all due respect, I think you may have mis-interpreted this source.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by MrPenny]

[edit on 23-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If the government reinvestigates it will make no difference. The results would be the nearly the same. There is no way they would find anything different than they did the first time around save a few items that wouldn't matter.

Now if there was a truely independent, scientific study by a colaboration of respected professionals done...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Reinvestigation?

Okay, when did the initial investigation take place?

I remember some panel of all government folks investigating possible intelligence failures that may have occured on 9/11, but I do not recall an investigation into who really was responsible for the attacks and why.

From what I do remember, videos of Bin Laden praising the attacks were presented, along with statements along the lines of "They did it because they're jealous of our freedoms." Oh, and some passports in the wreckage of some Saudis and airport footage of them in an airport.

Am I the only one who missed the initial investigation?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Interesting poll with only 2 options:
1. The government is lying, or
2. The American public is hopelessly paranoid.

CX

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How could they do a proper and complete re-investigation if they got rid of all the evidence from Ground Zero? Bush would never allow it for a start.

Whilst i'd like to see this re-investigated, i fear the results would be the same whilst Bush and his gang are running things. Do you think they would ever promise to re-investigate 9/11 as a re-election promise? Of course they would then have to yet again do a coverup to coverup the investigation results of the last coverup!

CX.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have to ask one thing about these polls. Has anyone on ATS ever been asked for their opinions on one of these polls? The information in this article stateds that they asked 1200 people 87 questions and came up with these numbers. In my opinion these polls are not worth the bandwidth that we take up discussing them. My family has been a Neilsen Family three times, I have been selected for Jury Duty 5 times, but I have never been asked anything by any of these polls. With the number of them out there and the quantity of people polled this is a statistical improbability. Do they actually ask anybody anything or do they just make this stuff up? My money is on their making it up.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i for one have never understood the use of Polls. for one, when did people rely on hearsay? i mean polls could be comming from just one neighborhood

i never believe them becuz they are just opinons of the closest people the pollers could find IMO.......

although i dont think a reinvestigation wil do any good

it will just turn out to be another MJ12 deal

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have been stopped in the mall, downtown streets, called on the phone, by pollsters many times.

Usually the polls are investigating shopping preferences but I have been asked about political matters, sports, local zoning ordinances, school and municipal bonds, movie stuff, we're talking a broad spectrum of questions by all sorts of different polling organizations.

Statistically I don't know large a sample you would need to determine any validity of a question; and I would think a large demographic sampling would go a long way to making an accurate poll. I think polling organizations know this and for sure the people contracting for the poll know this because they want accurate information.

In general I think polls are pretty accurate on most things. If you have an ideology, dogma or another agenda contrary to the polls; of course you are going disregard the results you don't agree with. That doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

Businesses and political orgizanations pay BIG BUCKS to have polls conducted so they can make realistic decisions, not just shoot in the dark and hope for the best.

I feel the 911 poll was accurate in it's results of people wanting a new investigation.
I would like to see a new investigation but it would be futile because all the evidence was destroyed quickly to cover up what really happened and replaced with bogus evidence.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Heck, I'd just like to get old Dubya there in a room and have him read the goat book outloud from beginning to end. That would be worth the price of admission right there, especially if he can duplicate the look he got when Andy Card whispered in his ear that all hell was breaking loose at the TWC. His head was bobbing on his shoulders like an apple in water. That's the part I like best in the Michael Moore movie.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by KimWHoffman]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Forget impeachment. Arrest bush, cheney, meyers, etc. I have e-mailed my New Jersey politicians Congressman Rob Andrews, Senator Frank Lautenberg, Senator Robert Menendez, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi about impeachment and they all e-mailed me back with some bullcrap answers like, now is not a good time, or we do not have the resources, etc. Arrest all these well-fed politicians for not helping, or listening to the people. They are supposed to protect and jealously defend out Constitution, just as I was proudly sworn to do as a kid when I joined the Navy back in 1981.
We better arrest all these smiling, cowardly, two-faced politicians immediately or we better expect stormtroopers bursting through our front doors very soon.
Thank you.

top topics

join