It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken blood vessel in eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hiya,

Nothing wrong with my eyes. Near 20/20 vision in both and at 37 that's damn good!

As a rule I have a real problem with relaxation/meditation. Can't relax enough to relax if that makes any sense??

Anyway, a couple of days ago I took out my relaxation routine and got to work going through the steps...breathing, muscle relaxing...clearing of the mind...

Now I really have to struggle to focus. I put in ear plugs to limit my distractions, I chose a time when I wouldn't be disturbed by the phone cats or kid, I made myself comfy and still had enormous difficulties. After about 3/4 of the way through my tape I gave up. I had developed a serious eyeball headache in my left eye (you know the eye ball hurts and the temple as well). I got up and went "potty" while washing my hands I noticed that I'd burst a blood vessel in my eye right around the iris and that I had another burst vessel in the outside corner.

Tell me there's an easier way to relax? Without applying so much strain that I'm bursting vessels?

I am a wound spring nearly 24/7. I unwind by furiously cleaning my house. I can't sit for great lengths, and have the attention span of a two year old... need to keep moving. I'm a putter-holic and I spend the majority of my life puttering.

The tape was given by my therapist for my anxiety disorder LMAO. I always found it amusing that I couldn't relax enough to relax! I even tried group relaxation therapy and that was far too distracting!

Anyone with similar energy issues that has found a way to relax without hurting oneself or medicating in any way?

I think the only time I'm ever truly relaxed is when asleep. I barely move, and I sleep very deeply and have great dreams.

I need to learn to relax during waking hours or I'm going to drive myself and everyone I have to be around absolutely bonkers.

And...has anyone else ever burst a blood vessel in their eye whilst concentrating very hard on something? I've never heard of it happening like that before.

join