It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DD - Life Is Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dear Diary,
I awoke very early this morning as I do every morning. As dawns golden fingers broke through the night time air, I walked outside to be greeted by the type of day that only Autumn can bring. "That smell" was in the air, and my lungs rejoiced with each breath that I took. The air was so crisp that I could hear a distant crow calling from a mile away. My son joined me on the front step, and I saw the shafts of newborn sunlight dancing in his hair. I can't believe that he's almost four already. Time goes by so swiftly!
With halloween swiftly approaching, I decided that today is the perfect day to go pumpkin picking with him. We went to the farm, and they had it all set up. A corn maze, pony rides, a band, and the types of food that taste good only when you're outside in the chilly air. He had his first pony ride, ate his first apple cider donut, his first boiled hot dog, and ran through the mazes, laughing as I chased him. I cherish the sound of his laughter! Then we got on the hayride that took us to the pumpkin patch. We picked the biggest pumpkin we could find. After we paid for it, and got back home, I raked up the leaves in the back yard. There's something about the crisp rustling of the leaves that always makes me thankful to be alive. I raked them into a pile, and we took turns jumping into it. I've never had so much fun! Just then my wife calls out the door that the football game is about to start. We rush in, put on our Eagles jerseys, get some snacks, and soda, and watch the game together. He looked over at me and said "I love you Daddy." I actually got a little teary eyed, kind of like when I hear a really good rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.
The Eagles won the game, then I gave him his bath. I tucked him in bed, read him his story several times, and kissed him good night as he drifted off to dreamland. I went downstairs, snuggled with my wife as we watched a classic movie. Thank you God for giving me this day, Life is good!

new topics

join