It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief history of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Mods, if you edit that title!

If ladies, gentlemen and children would keep their hands inside the tour cart at all times . . .∇

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord on 9/5/2004

Eight months later, we outgrew that over-stressed Pentium box, and are now on a hot-rod Dual-Xeon machine.

Remember that 'hot-rod,' anyone? If the board was on a souped-up car then, I reckon it's now strapped to a few Jupiter-Cs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 million unique user sessions in September 2004, I read somewhere among the cobwebs. I wonder how this compares to today?

With 61, 589 registered members as of now, this quote here makes me chuckle as well:

Originally posted by AceOfBase on 29/9/2004

I see on the front page that you've added almost 600 members just in the last 7 days. At that rate, there should be more than 25,000 members in the next couple of months.

It's interesting, going through the ancient posts. You come across some real nuggets.

Hows this? First ever paid ad for ATS:

Originally posted by Springer on 1/10/2003

Runtime Syntax error

Everytime I refresh or load a new page I get an error. HELP!

PEACE...
m...

Whoever would have thought Springer asks for help

Hehe. Or this?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord on /9/2004

NEW ATS CHAT UP AND RUNNING

We have a new high-performance chat application hosted on a separate dedicated server from the ATS website.

Ahh . . . good ol' days.

An ATS CD. Now there's a random idea.

Originally posted by SimonGray on 27/8/2003

AboveTopSecret.com CD-ROM v2.0

After the huge success of the first AboveTopSecret.com Special Edition CD-ROM, I am currently starting preliminary work on a much greater and grander "CD-ROM v2.0" for release later in the year.

Originally posted by Springer on 7/12/2003

There are NO MODS on the board right NOW!

I say we TAKE CONTROL! What do you say?!

PEACE...
m...

Uhhhhhh . . . he was a rebel before he hit the big time? ROFL

Originally posted by Springer on 7/12/2003

IMMORTAL !!!!

NO WAY Dude! YOU called for caution out of FEAR that the MODs might be watching!

I will be supreme party monitor because I have balls the size of small countries!

Pity there isnt a smilie for :jawhittingground:

And to think Kano and TheBandit795 are supermods now . . . you've just gotta read the entire thread.

Finally, and more recently, this:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord on 6/6/2005

Coming soon to ATS:

Collaborative Member PODcasts!

We're working on what could very well be an important "next stop" in the evolution of information rich online communities such as ATS: member-drive collaborative PODcasts.

A PODcast is essentially an RSS news feed, with attached MP3 file that can be transfered to a digital music player (or played on your computer).

Jeez, its absolutely amazing just how far this place (people included) has come over just a few years. Pity I wasn't here to watch it while it happened.

Anyways, if you want to add to this, please do!! There's heaps more out there; like more (yes more!) posts by Springer and Gray absolutely full of things they wouldn't be caught dead doing nowadays. Pity SO's such a goodiegoodie⇔∂

Oh man, sleeeep, that actually took effort . . . and slightly reminded me of embarrassing baby photos!

¬¬¬¬

I liked that title very much.

[edit on 5-23-2006 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 23/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Title Edited. What did you expect???

[edit on 5-23-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I hate to sound ignorant, but is there anyway to pull real old threads out?
Is there a way to look at them?
I've tried, but havent been able to. I mean when ATS first started.

Can we have a glimpse at our past just for fun???

Thank you, DG

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I hate to sound ignorant, but is there anyway to pull real old threads out?
Is there a way to look at them?
I've tried, but havent been able to. I mean when ATS first started.

Can we have a glimpse at our past just for fun???

Thank you, DG

there is a way to do this...

unfortunately, i do not know how...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is a way, but we dont know how.

Ok. Just kidding, i know you'd tell me if you knew. Can someone who knows help?

Please dont tell me you there's a way but dont know how.

new topics

top topics

join