It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-24/25?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
external image
the picture shows like F-23+Su-27+Mig-29, But no one tell out where they can prove this is doable.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by emile]

Mod Edit: Title Font Correction.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I can't particulary help, but in that diagram, the logo in the top left corner could be EASA, European Aviation Safety Authority. It could be something different though.

In the bottom left hand corner, it says "Project Aces" with a copyright 2004 on it. I did a google search for ""project aces" easa" and it came up with one link - a japanese site which had "Log of ACE COMBAT" as the link.

I'm assuming it's a piece of concept art for an Ace Combat game. I'm unsure if it's actually able to be done in reality, but I would say so. Whether it would be worth it is another matter...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This looks like a concept model! I'm not sure, but there might not be a plane like this yet. Often artist or even scientist design concepts on paper that aren't actually built. It's an intresting design, and it has potential. However, I don't think such a plane exists yet!

Tim

jra

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I believe that's the X-02 Wyvern from ace combat 5. A fictional aircraft. en.wikipedia.org...

The X-02 Wyvern is a large, twin-engine single-seat fighter/interceptor incorporating the best aspects of nearly every 5th generation fighter. Components and sections of the aircraft bear striking similarities to diverse sources as the Su-47 Berkut (cannards), YF-23 (tail configuration), F-22 Raptor (Nose/fuselage stealth design) and Su-37 Terminator (engines).

Another site with pics. www.aerospaceweb.org...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by jra]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That would definitely be the X-02 from Ace Combat 5 then. The Wikipedia article states it's from the fictional company "EASA", which is apparent on the diagram paper.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, so that is Japanese next generational fighter?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile

No it's a nothing. It's from Ace Combats 4, 5 and Zero.

It's just a model, of which, they are releasing because the series has gotten so large recently.

EASA is Erusian Aeronautics and Space Association (I think, don't hold me to this) In Ace Combat 4.

jra

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

No, it's just from a video game. Nothing more...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So I'm guessing noone here has played Ace Combat 4: ShatteredSkies?(it's where my name comes from)

Yeah it's my favorite jet, too bad it's fictional.

EASA is actually the name of the company(in the game's timeline) that built the jet for the Erusian Air Force.

It's purdy, I have all 3 paint jobs for it in the game

That took a few days to do.

I'm telling you, this jet pwns all. It's better than the Su-37 in the game, the F-22A in the game, it's best dang fighter in the game. Once again, it's still just in a game. Plus the wings fold in and out.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sorry, I love computer games as much as the next male in the 16 - 34 year age bracket, but I'm not entirely sure if it makes for appropriate Above Top Secret discussion?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Someone didn't read my post

I would like to see the Wyvern against Morgan from Ace Combat Zero...wewt!

Edit: Another thing I'm going to add, it most likely will either say ISAF (From Ace Combat 4 (The International State of Alligned Forces)) or FEAF (Federal Erusian Air Force).

[edit on 5-23-2006 by Shugo]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

external image
the picture shows like F-23+Su-27+Mig-29, But no one tell out where they can prove this is doable.

Do you know what a humbug is?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't think such an aircraft would ever be able to take off, well then again, with some FBW you might be able to pull it off, crazy japanese...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Actually there's no reason at all why such a plane wouldn't fly perfectly well, but the wisdom of having those 'semi-switchblade' wings is questionable. The weight and complexity of the VG mechanism and its detrimental effect on the profile of the inner wing would all be very bad news.

In case you were wondering where the idea for that wing shape comes from have a look at this;

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Heres is anothere intresting picture of su-47. Looks cool but does not exist

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Russian Boy]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We have been discussing about manga jets before here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ADF-01 Falken from the Ace Combat games have wings like the jet posted above, I was wondering about its canopy how do you see through?

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Browno]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
The ADF-01 Falken from the Ace Combat games have wings like the jet posted above, I was wondering about its canopy how do you see through?

You don't...it has sensors on the canopy that transmit a 360 degree visual to the pilot inside the plane on a surrounded based screen.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The drawing of the aircraft above is actually the ADFX-01 Morgan fighter which is an unlockable fighter in Ace Combat Zero.

To say it's a representation of Su-47 isn't incorrect but it's not correct either.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
The drawing of the aircraft above is actually the ADFX-01 Morgan fighter which is an unlockable fighter in Ace Combat Zero.

To say it's a representation of Su-47 isn't incorrect but it's not correct either.

Shattered OUT...

Actually you're incorrect too!

www.answers.com...;jsessionid=is9vlh1b2mjb?dsname=Wikipedia+Images&dekey=ADFX-01+screenshot.jpg&sbid=lc08a&linktext=

Morgan's wings do not have cut edges like this, and the tails are far different the air intakes are also much more noticable.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Canards and canopy are almost identical to the Morgan, that's why I said it. Oh well, it looks familiar though so I automatically assumed it was the Morgan.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join