It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona High Schooler in Jail for Plotting School..Food Fight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A High Schooler was arrested by police and jailed after a web posting gave away his plot to orchestrate a major offensive in the caffeteria area, using both slimy, and crunchy forms of edible ordinance. The young terrorist was thankfully apprehended before he was able to lead students in a rebellion, ruining perfectly good food and possibly clothing.

www.azcentral.com...

The boy, a 17-year-old junior, was taken into custody at the Glendale school and then placed in a juvenile detention center on a charge of disrupting an educational facility, police said.

Jeff Payne, the student's father, said the food fight never happened, so he can't understand why his son was arrested.

"Shame on him for planning a food fight," Payne said. "But there was no food fight and he's in jail right now."

I know I'm not the only one who sees these stories everyday, what the Hell is going on? There was another one I glanced at this morning, an eight year old arrested and held on murder charges for being in a bus that rolled over a girl.

It's days like this that make me glad I don't have kids. I'd blow a gasket if something like this happened to my family...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ah-ha...the benefits of the PatriotAct,

if that terror plot wasn't "nipped-in-the-bud" (ala Barney Fife)
nobody knows what rampages & hooliganism might have ensued...

life, limb, property, and social order were all in jeopardy

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thank God I graduated High School in 1982. Some of the stuff that we did then as jokes would get you 15 to life now. My best stunt was in collecting the chads from the computer keypunch machines until I had about 4 pounds of them and then putting them into a wastebasket with an M-80 firecracker in the bottom. I used a delay for the fuse and made sure I was with the Assistant Principal when it went off. Looked like a snowstorm. These days, that stunt would have gotten me prison time. I told the Assistant Principal about it a few years later over a beer and he said that it was the funniest thing that he had ever seen.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Right, not to mention a whole big batch of perfectly good potato salad...

I'm surprised they didn't beef up the lunchroom detail with some SWAT presence, maybe a little gas to keep the line moving...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Jesus Christ !
If I was in school these days, I would have been sent to a max security prison !
Didnt know that food fights, and getting out some of that testoterome was such
a bad thing. Whats next....locking up kids for planning a water ballon fight ?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They are now trying to instill fear in the youth of America to breed an all new type of paranoia within this country. The youth must not succom to the abuses of the law and fight back in every way possible to show that we will not nor ever fear our government.

Maybe we should revoke the rights of police officers to act upon plots of terrorism and leave it to the FBI for all terror investigations. Why is that kid even in custody, hell, when he gets out I would like to contact him to replan that food fight and make it successful lol.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They are probably just nervous that the food fight could set off that one kid who carries a gun and doesn't like it when sloppy joes gets on his clean t-shirt.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
W.M.D.
Weapons of Mass Doughnuts

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Plotting a food fight and you get taken into custody. Wow. I take its a public school. Last year a freshman threatened a few times to bring weapons to school and was only given a slap on the wrist. I go to a catholic school and the best i can figure is either the school doesn't want negative publicity because of a new program or his parents pay full tuition.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow, I'm happy I am not in high school anymore. Things were starting to get crazy when I was there, but nothing nearly as crazy as the stories I have been seeing on here. What ever happened to detention, suspension? When did it just become jail time?

Slaine, love it! Weapons of Mass Donuts!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

They are probably just nervous that the food fight could set off that one kid who carries a gun and doesn't like it when sloppy joes gets on his clean t-shirt.

It was only a matter of time before someone came in here with a brainwashed comment like this. Enjoy your police state zerotime.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
It was only a matter of time before someone came in here with a brainwashed comment like this. Enjoy your police state zerotime.

Truly. I wonder if zerotime was even a student when the shootings started up (Columbine and Paduca [sp]). For those of us who went through these times, and saw what was happening, we encountered aspects that we never did before. It was like a smaller version of what's happening in this country now. There were possible terrorists lurking behind every Marilyn Manson t-shirt in your school, you had to report the kid that looked depressed to the principal (the principal, mind you, not the counselor), and you must realize that it is our duty to make you wait in line outside the school for hours, missing class time, to have each and every bag checked and go through a metal detector. Sounds familiar, eh? I look at it in retrospect, as my preparation for the war on terror.

I was one of those kids in the Marilyn Manson t-shirt, with my JNCO jeans. Never brought a pair of scissors to school, let alone a gun.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Whops, Double Post

[edit on 6/2/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It is really outrageous how quick they are to get you in trouble. Me and my freind got suspended last year for 1 day, for pushing each other on the way to class, but maybe it was cause I was a freshman last year!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Is it just me, or was that kid convicted of thought crime?

It says in the article he became very uncooperative, you could only imagine what that consisted of, "Johnny, just put down the pastry and let's talk about it. Johnny, nooo. . . ".
Then the s.w.a.t. team pounces.

Maybe AZ prisons aren't showing a big enough profit, requiring a recruiting drive. . .

What next, extrodinary rendition for passing notes in class??!?

Kids will be kids, but this kid has just done a short course at criminal university. Who does this help, the school, the lunch lady, the kid in question, the community, the prison?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
What in blazes is going on in Florida, where they arrest 5 & 6 yr olds, and Arizona? Do they hate young people that much, or are the adults just plain stupid? Or is this just a conspiracy to get rid of students who don't test well and won't score enough points for the school?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I heard on CBC radio that 8 arabs kids got arrested for having paint ball guns in Virginia, and now 7 of them are in prison for 30 - 60 years cause they also went to a mosque.
ridiculous but that is their plan, lock up the foreignors with paint ball guns, then the hillbilly red necks with hunting rifles, and then the gang bangers for spray painting and then YOU cause your kitchen utensils could be used for devious purposes!

I would be considered a redneck therefore I can use this term without penalty.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
What in blazes is going on in Florida, where they arrest 5 & 6 yr olds, and Arizona? Do they hate young people that much, or are the adults just plain stupid? Or is this just a conspiracy to get rid of students who don't test well and won't score enough points for the school?

Yes Florida is like the Kid Killing Capitol of The United States, if they don't kill them, they taser them, if they don't taser them they put them in prison, if they don't go to prison they go to work farms. Who is Governor of Florida...oh just the brother of the son of a jackal who is in the White House.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
take it from me, something innocent you do at school, can come to ruin your life. i am glad like the thread starter that i will never bring someone into this world.

for people with kids watch out for the profiling of your kids in today and the near future. just having a kid thats quiet, can bring big problems for him or her in there lifes.

take my advise do not ever bring someone into this world today.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
For those of you who have been out of school for awhile, yes, schools have changed. Where it used to be that administrators were former teachers, the regulations have been changed to allow non-teachers to run schools and districts. People are making educational decisions who have no experience in the classroom. Like civilians who have never been in the military planning for a war. Hmmmmmm.
To save money, your good ole caring high school counselor has been replaced with a secretary who handles paperwork to place students in classes. Remember the school nurse--often gone, too.
A good teacher is now defined as one who has increased test scores. And your idea of a good teacher is one who inspired you and believed in you, even when you may not have had your finest hours back then.
There has always been fear about bringing children into this world, over some concern. Don't despair, don't let that encule vulgaire get you down--you have to survive, not them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join