It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Sees No Peace, Child's Entire Family Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Recently a bombing run by Canadian forces was made on a village in Afghanistan. This bombing run supposedly killed Taliban forces, but not without killing this child s entire family with them. 12 year old Mahmood told how he found out his entire family was killed in the bombing. His mother, father, three sisters, and three brothers had all been killed. Whats the price of security for the west? Mahmood can tell you.

www.theglobeandmail.com
KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN -- With puffy face and red eyes, 12-year-old Mahmood was still fighting back tears as he told his story yesterday.
He had gotten the news in a phone call at dawn. His entire family -- mother, father, three sisters, three brothers -- had been killed by a coalition bombing attack on his village near Kandahar.

At least 17 civilians -- and perhaps 25 or more -- were killed in the coalition attack on Taliban forces yesterday and at least 15 civilians were injured. Twenty Taliban insurgents were confirmed killed, the coalition said in a press release, but the rebel toll could be as high as 50.

"I lost my family," he whispered between his sobs. "Now I am all alone."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't much wonder where the terrorists are coming from anymore. Sure insurgence were killed, but do you think fighting a war on terrorism is going to get easier by kids having there entire families killed by you? This isnt a normal war, you aren't fighting a country or race. Your fighting anger (not Islamic extremist like some what to say) but extremists in general. Your fighting against traumatized people or brainwashed people who have nothing to live for.

So why are younger terrorists popping up more...well might be because we just blew up their families.

I think this is news because its a good representation of what the cost is for this current war.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by grimreaper797]

[edit on 24-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well if those people would not use the houses of innocent people situations like this could be avoided.

Now lets look at the facts from the source story

Globeandmail.com

There were strong hints that the assault was a special-forces operation, which would normally be kept secret. The forces hit unexpectedly stiff resistance from about 200 Taliban in the village. When they got into trouble around midnight on Sunday, they called in U.S. aircraft to attack the village.

[......]

"The Taliban fighters moved onto rooftops and into the window wells of the homes and continued to lay down fire," Major Lundy said last night.

"Coalition forces returned fire and called in air strikes to subdue the fire and allow them to continue their operation. . . .

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As you can see you cannot lay the blame on the US or British as much as you might want. It is clear the insurgents were using the houses which unfortunately had innocent civilians in them.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Shots, how is it even remotely justified? If the enemy has moved into a residential area, where there are families and young children all around, you should not call in damned Airstrikes that will kill them. You think killing an entire family to get at Insurgents is acceptable collateral damage in this stupid, and sick War?

Everyone is losing their minds, I swear to whatever God is out there. You people are cold, irrational, and dangerous.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
shots how would you feel if your entire family was killed because some people with guns, came into your house, and used it as a hide out? You act like they are going to say no to the terrorists when they have guns. If you were unarmed and poor and gang of guys came into your house/area with machine guns, are you going to say leave?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Get your facts straight. If you don't this can be pursued. Blame Canada if you want... many cast blame where none is due. Know this, we ordered no Air Strike. Nope sorry, Yank orders from "above". Canadians ordering an Air Strike on Afghan civvies? Get real. Do the right thing and investigate! See who calls the "shots" in So. Afgani... Canada is in command in name only, by proxy to America... look it up. The rest of the NATO crew seems to be having "staging difficulties" and transitional command hassles.

Scimitar at the ready,

Victor K.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Maybe you should note that Canada's airforce is a pale shadow of anything capable of making an airstrike. Our total offensive force is about 115 CF-18s, which are garbage. Constantly falling apart. I'd say about thirty of them are hangar queens, and another 60 are in various states of combat-unreadiness. And this is on OUR SOIL! I don't even think we bothered to bring them over there.

That said, the article clearly states this was a US airstrike. Get your loosely interpreted, heavily spun facts straight.

DE

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There very well could be awareness on the Canadian military about this particular mission, but as stated in the Globe the authority comes from higher up.

This from Canoe Canada, also check on the second link "Afghans Protect Canadians"

cnews.canoe.ca...

Not to sound cold or indifferent, but why are people still so surprised by civillian casualties in a war.

It's not like it hasn't happened before.
WWI
WWII
Viet Nam
Korean War, not to mention all the past wars in history.

I think if you ask a soldier in Afghanistan, what force they are with, they may very well reply, The Coalition Forces, for some this is truly a combined effort.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't think the 12 year old kid gives a DAMN about which country in particular killed his family. I also don't think he is going to put the blame of his family's death on his countrymen who happened to use his town for cover!

He's going to blame US - THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION! That's who. And you know he'll be next in line for terrorist training.

This whole thing is sad and tragic. Thanks President Bush.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by mecheng]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Collins said the troops did not know there were civilians in the homes when the U.S. military called in Air Force A-10 Warthogs to strafe the buildings with large-caliber bullets.

Change your damn story, Grim. Canucks had nothing to do with this.

How in the hell did incorrect information, pointed out in the submission stage, get made ASTNN worthy?

DE

[edit on 24-5-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Im sorry the story got updated and it turned out to be US, i just havent been able to keep up with this thread. Im VERY sorry.

ok so i cant change the story, but A mod should. I really didnt see the part where canada denies any part in the bombings. Believe me ask any conservative member on this site, I would not let the US off on this for a second. If I knew it were US forces, I would have said so. Its a simple error that I wasn't able to get right on because I dont have a home computer anymore.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thank you very much grimreaper797. It is important for ATS to reflect accuracy in troubled times and your correction is duely noted and welcome here. The tragedy in Azzizi still remains. A little more data: link

Respectfully,

Victor K.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Grimm , you don't have to apoligize for anything, this whole war is very confusing,
I am a Canadian citizen, an maybe one of the few that is very aware that Canadian peacekeeping missions are full of bull. Yes I did post that the US has accepted responsibility for this, but in no way do I hold them completely responsible.

Canadians like to hold fast and strong that we are a peacekeeping nation, this has been so untrue and so distorted over the years that it has become complacent, like everything else here.

Yeah maybe we are on the map, but not respectively for the right reasons.

I think in future threads at ATS the Canadians are going to explode

Every Country for so long thinks of us as the naysay, sit on my fence, but deep down inside we are just as pissed off as the rest.

The liberal canucks won't like this, but I don't give a # anymore, I also have the right to my liberal views even though I am a conservative.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Peacekeeping is BS to keep the hippies happy. They don't like the idea of actually having fighting men and women doing their jobs. When will this country get some common sense, or at least a sense of reality?

DE

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
duesex as far as im concerned war is for primitive people who arent intelligent enough to talk so they have to act since they cant deal with issues. That war is just profitable, thats why we are always fighting. Peacekeeping saves lives, and I'm tired of all the fighting. I'm tired of watching wars foreign and domestic. I am sick of all the paranoia, fighting, and death. Most people don't care because It doesn't effect them directly.

War is fine if the people around you on the streets aren't caught in the crossfire. War is great until its your family dying in bombing runs. Its one thing for people to die, because it happens. Its another thing to get into massive wars and have thousands upon thousands killed. We have the choice, regardless of what you may believe, to not fight, but we do anyway.

I would say war is just to keep you war mongers happy but it isnt. They do it for profit, they really dont care what you think, its just a plus that your for it.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Peace sure is nice, when it works. But it doesn't. Humans are fundementally greedy, malicious, aggressive and well just plain evil. War is profitable yes.

People talk. people lie, cheat, steal. Poppers pop, dealers deal, and snatchers snatch. The only thing keeping people talking is the men with the guns behind them.

If you want to believe in the myth of peacekeeping, go right ahead. But I know that all peacekeeping is is low-intensity war.

DE

top topics

join