It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are ufo's/aliens in the bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Im intrested in looking into the beleif that UFO'S are stated in the bible, and the belief that angels were infact extra terrestrial in origan. i state a few examples of where it can be interpreted to be ufo/alien. and add my comment to it. Again i am going to try and remain neutral on this one.
Has ufos been recorded in the bible?
or is it wrongful interpretation?
there is also a thread similar here so check that out aswell
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread108116/pg1

2 Samuel
Yhovah Rides A Cherub And Flies
22:10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
The 'thick darkness' under his feet can be rendered as low clouds which ties into the next verse.. Yhovah rides on a 'cherub' and flies on the edge of the wind. This could indicate a smooth, soaring-like flight much like a glider. Wings = extreme edge.

Yhovah's Glowing, Solid, Flying House
22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. This appears to be a description of a circular fleet of objects arranged around a main object described as Yhovah’s pavilion or mobile dwelling.

Nehemiah
Flying Craft Of The Exodus
9:12 Moreover thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go.
The actions of the flying vehicle at exodus are recalled.

www.bibleufo.com...

Ok i find this intresting it does seem to be describing aspects of a ufo encounter. But is it bad interpratation? im not sure what do YOU think?

Another popular one is the star of bethlehem

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem."

"Saying ‘where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship him?’"

"Then Herod, when he had privately called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.

"When they had heard the King, they departed, and lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, ‘till it came and stood over where the young child was."

-The HOLY BIBLE, (Matthew Two; Verses 1,2,7,9 respectively).

www.angelfire.com...

To my knowledge a 'star' does not move to a specific point, if it did move then it would have to be inside our atmosphere, hence the thought that it was actually a ufo leading them to jesus.

The angels are represented throughout the Bible as a body of spiritual beings
intermediate between God and men: "You have made him (man) a little less than the angels" (Psalm 8:6). They, equally with man, are created beings; "praise ye Him, all His angels: praise ye Him, all His hosts . . . for He spoke and they were made. He commanded and they were created" (Psalm 148:2, 5: Colossians
1:16, 17).

It has been said that Christians are "pretty narrow minded" to limit the population of the universe to merely GOD, ANGELS, AND MAN. After all, there are "billions and billions" of stars which perhaps have planets, which perhaps have civilizations etc. However, within the classification of angels [non-human intelligent beings] exist diverse myriads. Hierarchies of innumerable angels still populate the universe. These angelic non-human intelligent beings built civilizations in our solar system -- even upon the Earth -- before Adam.

www.mt.net...

Now does this represent alien life that came forth to us humans way back then? Angels have always been a focal point for me, many examples of angels coming down from heavan in a beam of light etc

Another example:

From the account in Genesis 6:1-4 reams of mythology have been generated. The New Testament also makes note of this event in three key passages: I Peter 3:19, 20; II Peter 2:4-6; and Jude 1:6-7. The facts of the case are simple and the supporting arguments are too many and varied to detail each one in this writing, but the event may be summarized as follows:

1. Angelic beings ("sons of God") came to Earth, lustfully desiring the attractive
daughters of men (Genesis 6:2).

2. They took whomever they chose as wives (Genesis 6:2).

3. This angelic intervention occurred not only before but also after the time of Noah's Flood (Genesis 6:4).

4. The offspring from these unlawful unions were physical giants (Nephalim - "fallen ones" - in the Hebrew) (Genesis 6:4).

5. The fallen angels who committed this sin were incarcerated in Tartarus where they now await judgment (II Peter 2:4 Greek).

www.doomsdayguide.org...

The following is another example of how angels were precieved by people

Just what are angels? The Bible tells us angels are “ministering spirits” (Hebrews 1:14). It tells us they are beings of a different nature than humans, but created by God and for God. It describes how they sometimes act, how they sometimes appear, and how they are sometimes perceived. It also tells us what they sometimes do. If one studies all the passages in the Bible that mention angels, one will see that angels are very powerful spiritual beings that, among other things, can:

1.) Appear as normal human beings, undetected by people (Genesis 19:1-29, Hebrews 13:2)

2.) Appear as bright, shinning beings that terrify those who see them (Matthew 28:2-7)

3.) Appear in people’s dreams (Matthew 1:20-24)

4.) Appear to animals, but invisible to humans (Numbers 22:21-40)

5.) Appear in the form of a plague (1Chronicles 21:14-16)

6.) Appear in flames of fire (Exodus 3:2)

7.) Etc., etc

In other words, angels can take on many different shapes and forms, perhaps at will. It would make sense then, that if demons are fallen angels, they may possess many of the same powers that the faithful angels possess.
Many people who have encountered “aliens” describe a reptilian likeness to their
appearance. It is curious to note that when Satan appeared to Eve in the garden of
Eden that he appeared in the form of a snake—probably the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “reptile”.

www.bebaptized.org...

These were just a few example of alien / ufo encounters in the bible,there are many more. so does this convince you that aliens and ufos were around from the beginning guiding man in the right direction so to speak. Or are you still the skeptic and its all down to misinterpretation of the translations when they were moved from hebrew etc to english? YOU decided. It definatly makes for good reading.

The following are some images that were painted showing some biblical charaters

MOSES
EZEKIEL
THE BAPTISM OF CHRIST
The madonna with saint Giovannino

The following site has many more picture painted from along time ago
www.20kweb.com...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
yes i believe that ufos/aliens are in the bible and with all of the proof you have shown i think you do too, anyway thanks for the good read

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yea man i definetly agree with you..you could have even added the scriptures about the cloud which moses stayed in for 40 days on top the moutain..or even the first chapter of ezekial desribing the moving wheels full of electricty..and the list goes on.

Good post

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What is a UFO? What is an alien? There are many things described in the Bible that are not of this earth. I am always interested in others beliefs and opinions. It gives me reason to challenge my own. IMHO it takes as much faith to believe in beings from another planet as it does to believe in God.

Keep on looking for the answers.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ezekiel has always been my favorite. "and ezekiel saw the angel of the lord flying out of the east on a fiery chariot that rode upon flame and smoke and produced great noise." may not have that exactly, but damn close. now having read that, why would a supernatural being, an angel, need a mechanical device to get around? would it not be more impressive just to appear in front of ezekiel out of thin air? and then just "poof" out again right before his eyes?

there are accounts all through ancient religions of flying mechanical devices. skeptics always infer that these are either made up stories or that ancient man was hallucinating. they go on then that ancient man was so smart that they made things like the pyramids. they can not have it both ways. first you have them too stupid to accurately observe the world around them and to write it down. but they still can build tremendous structures with only wood and ropes and sweat?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
ezekiel has always been my favorite. "and ezekiel saw the angel of the lord flying out of the east on a fiery chariot that rode upon flame and smoke and produced great noise." may not have that exactly, but damn close. now having read that, why would a supernatural being, an angel, need a mechanical device to get around? would it not be more impressive just to appear in front of ezekiel out of thin air? and then just "poof" out again right before his eyes?

there are accounts all through ancient religions of flying mechanical devices. skeptics always infer that these are either made up stories or that ancient man was hallucinating. they go on then that ancient man was so smart that they made things like the pyramids. they can not have it both ways. first you have them too stupid to accurately observe the world around them and to write it down. but they still can build tremendous structures with only wood and ropes and sweat?

Dude, i totally agree with that.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
wow this is a good thread... very good posts from everyone so far. i agree that the bible describes UFO's and other beings. there are many different beliefs and almost all of them describe some sort of flying saucer. its amazing how blind some people can be... how can people think that we are alone in the universe? thats like saying that ants are the only bugs on Earth... its not true...

germs are real and we cant see them as well as white blood cells.. just because you cant see it...that doesnt mean they arent there... thats basically how UFO's and other beings are... most people don't see them but they ARE there.

I have seen UFO's as well as some of my friends... but i believed in other life long before seeing UFO's... just keep the faith

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
No that's wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

may not have that exactly, but damn close. now having read that, why would a supernatural being, an angel, need a mechanical device to get around?

Because back in those times chariots are things that kings and incredibly rich and powerfull people used. Portreying an angel in a chariot would give him, atleast in the readers mind, power and importance. Sorry, see no UFO there.

One of the things that makes me disbeleive UFOs in the bible is the fact that most them are decribed with smoke, fire and noise. That doesnt add up to UFOs today. Iv yet to see a video, or hear a story of a UFO that was noisy or smoking.

If an alein came from across the universe why would they be driving a clunking, smoking peice of junk? Just my opinion.

The above statements aren't facts or proof either, they're speculation and shouldnt be labled as facts.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Delirious]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
The above statements are facts or proof either, they're speculation and shouldnt be labled as facts.

yes thats true there is no concrete proof and is all speculation. as this happened a long time ago it would be hard to get the kind of proof that would be needed to apease everyone. all we have to go by are texts that were written from that time.
Again some people would say the same about the holy bible in general, that is also something that cant be taken as fact or proof that god exsists etc but people do believe.Why? because for some it gives comfort, for some it gives guidence, for some it helps them understand thereselfs better and for others its an excuse to blame something other than themselves for the bad things that happen in there life

For me the ufo speculation in the bible is fasinating in itself the fact that they have been shown in ancient drawings and in ancient text. Again it is down to what you personally believe on these kinds of matters.

im glad so many liked this thread i hope it is something we can keep discussing.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
here's a good scripture to consider:

Men were scorched with fierce heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give Him glory.
Revelation 16:9

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For me at least, some things in the old and new testament come together under what we now call EBE/UFO reality. Part of the problem may be, that by announcing a supperior race that placed humans here and genetically advanced humans through the centurys, the Gov does not want it out. For obvious reprecussional reasons I feel.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

For me at least, some things in the old and new testament come together under what we now call EBE/UFO reality. Part of the problem may be, that by announcing a supperior race that placed humans here and genetically advanced humans through the centurys, the Gov does not want it out. For obvious reprecussional reasons I feel.

Dallas

Your absolutely right..but the thing is..that they know that our "makers" are scheduled to return..as soon as the middle east crisis with israel gets totally out of hand..read luke 20:21

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The aliens are described in great detail in the Apocryphal Book of Enoch, which isn't a part of the recognized Bible canon, but nonetheless was a very important book that contains many memes associated with the religion (i.e., seven heavens):

www.heaven.net.nz...

Pay particular attention to the role of "The Watchers."

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
For me the ufo speculation in the bible is fasinating in itself the fact that they have been shown in ancient drawings and in ancient text. Again it is down to what you personally believe on these kinds of matters.

Not all ancient writings can be easily dismissed. When suspect motiv is found it makes it easier for me to say that it is likely not true. Such as a claim that any god or vision or whatever told somebody that themselves or others are the true ruler/s of the Earth, or Universe. I don't buy any of that or any claim that a supior being imparted hearsay about others. If it were to happen to myself or I wittnessed it than I would believe it.

During my wounderful experiences with religions there are things without obvious motiv, other than perhaps to add believability in what they claim took place between themselves and an object or intity. There are writings and pictures about UFO's and beings which look different in many religious and secular places. One type writing without motive could be when rocket looking pictures are placed over ancient funerary doors.

The part about smoke has been described in places where there may or may not be an obvious motiv. The Glory of God decended in a cloud of purple smoke, which some religions claim is a woman who glows with a purple aura. Perhaps true but suspect motiv makes it iffy. This glowing woman was reported to have been seen visiting certain churches until 1940 by congregations and others as well, lastly seen in a church in Germany. In this case I get to thinking she may be true, I know seeing is believing. I saw and therfore I believe, though I would never incourage others to believe anything without seeing it for themselves.

Don't think I'm a cracker just yet because it isn't that unbelievable. All through the ages religions have recorded personal appearences of a female intity. Many tell of the lessons in planting and society which were imparted from just such a figure.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

One of the things that makes me disbeleive UFOs in the bible is the fact that most them are decribed with smoke, fire and noise. That doesnt add up to UFOs today. Iv yet to see a video, or hear a story of a UFO that was noisy or smoking.

So basicly you are also saying cars have always been arround, i never heard of an automobile without seatbelts and lights and witch has to be turned on by a slinger!! omg, how can you think those things are real!!!
dude....just saying: technological development
ever think that they had niosy ufos back then?

in the rest i think you are right, these are just speculations, but so is the bible, maybe that is not true either.
Or maybe somethings are true about it.
Or maybe some things need to be explained differently, like we do here.
Or maybe these storys are just guidestones, not to be taken seriously.
Or maybe it is litterly true.
How would we know? after all, it is gods book, and i THINK he is a LITTTTLLLEEE more sophisticated then we are, or maybe it was an alien who wrote it or made people write it, an alien who is also way smarter then we are even now.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
G'day folks, this is my first ever post.

With the Fall of Man, creation also fell. So this includes animals. All creation first lived in harmony and there was no killing for food. Since creation also fell does this include the whole universe, therefore other races on other planets? or maybe other races had there own test like Adam and Eve did. And maybe some passed this test. Imagine what would be possible if they did pass their test. They would achieve much as their whole race would live and work together in harmony. The story of the Tower of Babel is an interesting example.

"Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth.
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the men were building. The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city." (Genesis 11:4-7)

On the other hand, since Jesus came to earth in the form of a man to die for man, how can he do the same sacrifice for other fallen races if he has already died and he probably wouldnt appear to other races as a man. Also the bible says WE were made in God's image (unless other races are also human or maybe image is not relating to physical appearance).

top topics

join