It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bases/Secret Bases in WV and The Hinton Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ok so here's the thread about The Hinton Triangle and other bases in WV.

Now The Hinton Triangle is the only base I know of in WV.

I live in Ripley, WV and was wondering if there's any bases worth looking for around here?

Because my goal is to search this stuff out and possibly see a ufo and get some good stuff... without getting caught.

I'm getting a HP Digital Camera soon (5 megapixel) (320X240 video), and it's going to be used for that purpose.

So any info about bases etc around here would be great.

I'm really interested in The Hinton Triangle though...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
jc2007, could you re-post the information, location, etc. about the Hinton Triangle? Do you knowanything else about tharea, old stories, articles, etc?

Two regions to consider:

The area framed by Salem and West Union, say a 10-mile circle around Flint.

West of Beckley, in and around Newfound and Saulsville.

These are areas the NRO and/or CIA were interested in back in the 60s (some of the few 1-meter spy photos they took around the Appalachians).

Repeating my comments from the other thread, 'cause I think they bear repeating, an abandoned mine would make a perfect clandestine base (and from what I see, there are plenty there to choose from): lots of earthworks already, so the eyes in the sky won't see anything out of the ordinary, lots of heavy machinery left lying around, etc. If you promote it as cleaning-up an environmental disaster, you could do almost anything you wanted, and take decades to do it, all the while keeping the public out at gunpoint because of the "dangerous poisons" left by the evil mine operators.

An old strip mine would be perfect; just build a huge hanger in one of the existing huge holes, throw some dirt on top, and voila: Giant Stealth Blimp Base, one each, type Invisible.

Good hunting!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hmm yeah, good post Rand and could be very likely. Might have a look myself.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well I asked mom how far beckley was from here yesterday.

She said it was 200 miles away from charleston.

So... That's out of the count.

So any bases around here I could check out?

There's probably not too many...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
PDF alert -- WV Federal Lands; click to get the big version:

Unfortunately for you, and us, most of West Virginia is in local/state government or private hands
There is some National Guard activity, but the only facilities seem to be in Charleston.

EPA lists two sites: Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (USNAVY), in Mineral County, and West Virginia Ordnance (USARMY), at Point Pleasant. I'm not sure if those are active or being cleaned up, or what.

However, I could suggest you look around for local mining sites. Disclaimer: I don't recommend actually going into a mining area, abandoned or otherwise, but sometimes you can get a decent view from nearby mountain or hills. Be on the lookout for mines which seem to have moderate automobile traffic in and and out, but don't seem to produce much if any ore or refined product. Also look for signs of active security, like tall fences and institutional-looking SUVs running around otherwise empty countryside (you could, at one time, tell the government vehicles from civilian ones because the government bought tires in bulk and almost always used cheap-looking black-wall tires; I don't know if that's still the case); most mine operations I've seen post lots of signs to limit their liability in case someone gets hurt or killed, but don't waste manpower prowling 24/7 for errant hikers.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That sucks...

At least I can look for ufo's.

And I suppose I could keep a lookout for shady operations and whatnot.

I'd love to see a ufo crash site though... and possibly a few et's.

There are alot of wood's here in WV...

I'll have to keep a lookout for you guys, for anything.

I hope I don't see anything until I get my HP Digi Cam...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Try the ECHELON site at Sugar Grove, WV, near Brandywine. But you may have problems getting access to it...LOL

That place was like paradise, but then i love the outdoors. Best duty station i ever had.

new topics

top topics

join