It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DD) Friday Night Blues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Dear Diary,

I dreamed of her last night, my golden ghoul. Being her knight in shining armor. It was quaint, considering I haven't seen her in months. Haven't heard her voice. The girl who has but to ask to take me from my chosen path. Not shot, not shell, nothing. It's going to be another one of those days.

Legs hurt, so I didn't run. Tried to make up for it with situps and pushups, but I was just tired all day. Not quite lethargic, but close enough. I hate the feeling, especially when I feel -know, actually- that I'm so far behind my goal and every moment wasted is another it's getting further out of reach. A lot of people say I shouldn't do it. A lot of people say I'm crazy. They're probably right- my body isn't ready for it. But I made my choice- I'm going to be a soldier, period. That's why I ticked those boxes, that's why I only wrote one profession: infantryman. I remember the recruiter's cockeyed glance. I can remember his tone. Imagine what he thought, saw.

This kid? Infantry? Not bloody likely.

Six feet plus, raggedy beard and hair, all elbows and knees. Skinny, a hundred and seventy pounds soaking wet. Doesn't look like he does his pushups. Can probably run, but how much can you put on his back?

I'll prove them wrong. I do nothing but (try to) work out all day. Sometimes, the doubt gets the better of me. A hug, a kind word from my ghoul and it'd all be better. I'd keep doing my pushups. I'm run some more. I'd give her the moon.

But she's not here.

Instead, I'm stuck. Things are bad, and only going to get worse. They say suffering is good for the soul - that's some consolation, I guess. I didn't choose this life to get soft.

Why this is hell, nor am I out of it.

DE

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
just wanted to reply that this was a great entry would be intresting to see what the rest of your diary looks like

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, this is just a tidbit. I've got better memories right here, here, and here.

Enjoy, and thanks for the comment. Your writing isn't bad, either.

DE

new topics

join