It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Practical Puzzle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hello,

You may call me Columbus which is latin for dove or pigeon. The dove is a symbol of peace. The pigeon is a messenger. I could turn out to be a messanger of peace or just the opposite. This could also very likely turn out to be a hoax and I urge you to prepare for that.

I have spent recent weeks occasionally checking the most active threads on ATS. I have come to the opinion that many of the members of this online community are intelligent and discerning. I believe ATS is the appropriate forum for the discussion of the information I am about to present.

I don't care about puzzles or games. I am a practical person in a dangerous situation. I have no tolerance for wasting time. You may take this to mean that I am very serious.

Columbus is not at all the handle I would choose for myself either. I can tell already that it doesn't suit me or what this is about, but it is meant to represent the information that I bring, that hopefully it leads to peace and dialogue.

There were already people living in America when Christopher Columbus arrived.

This is going to be about extra-terrestrials. Not the pop-culture Greys or any other that you are familiar with. I am going to tell you about why aliens haven't shown themselves yet, what they are waiting for.

You may guess it has something to do with oil.

There are many different alien species in this galaxy. Each species possesses sometimes vastly different levels of technology. Most of them interact through a kind of treaty process that has checks to prevent less technolologically advanced species from disrupting the development of primitive cultures. Humans are a primitive species of course.

The unique and sometimes non-existent vocalization organs of different species makes it normally impossible for species to communicate between one another using speech. Communication is handled through a symbolic system.

Names are impossible to translate although codes are available. Each species is identified by a fundamental symbol or series of symbols. It is ill-advised to deviate from the symbolic system as it can lead to confusion or worse.

The two key species I will be describing are represented by the following symbols most closely represented by the english words GALLERY and TEMPLE. Whenever I use symbols I will write them in all capitals.

I can't actually tell you very much about GALLERY because they are very advanced. Information about them is mostly classified. It would not be unreasonable to estimate their technology being a million years or more ahead of ours and you will see how this can be possible later.

On the other hand I can tell you a great deal about TEMPLE however because they appear to be directly involved in the dissemination of this information. TEMPLE are the architects of the current state of affairs in the galaxy. TEMPLE can be estimated to be around 80,000 years ahead of us in technology, middle aged. I don't have an exact conversion for the year but that is a reasonable estimate.

The current state of affairs refers to the FIFTH ALLIANCE, which is a treaty organization. ALLIANCE is a rightly expected symbol clearly indicating the state of PEACE that exists between the different species. There is currently no governmental body superceding the sovereignty of different planets in this galaxy, although past incarnations of the ALLIANCE were governmental, they were also relatively short lived.

GALLERY and TEMPLE are not our peers. They are our ELDERS.

As oil begins to fail to meet our needs, how we react to this crisis will determine our survival as a whole species. We will either survive as a whole or die as a whole. There is no possibility whatsoever of the United States reaching out to the stars as a sovereign nation standing on the backs of middle-eastern oil-producers.

I am sure this rings true.

I realize this is not damning evidence, but I needed to lay down a starting point.

Columbus

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Damn it, you're right, we must reach out to an ancient alien race to solve our problems for us, since we can no longer depend on our human neighbors as the source of our daily commerce and economic expenditures. The American people must have a stable and healthy host with which we can effectively suction ourselves onto and thereby stabilize our future. I apologize for the sarcasm, but what kind of a nation are we if we cannot stand on our own two feet? Let alone what kind of a world. Alien races and ancient galactic civilizations aside, once our fossil fuels are completely expended, we must rely on ourselves and ourselves alone to continue to survive. On a more personal note, I find the idea that we must find help or we will die to be rather insulting. Have you such little faith in the human race? We will overcome!
Let there be no doubt. Even now there are new technologies being developed that do not require the use of fuels such as oil for their motivation. For now, these new hybrids and phoenix type machines are too "cost inefficient" to warrant mass production. But say that our sources do finally fail, we do have them to fall back on. Now, finally, I'm not generally one to point out flaws until provoked, but you are obviously someone who at least believes themself intelligent, as you seek to surround yourself with like peers; wouldn't you be better off applying your ideas and principles of species survival to the home front, instead of a galaxy far far away?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!
All The Secrets

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome Columbus. ATS is a great place to be, enjoy.

Peace. K*

Sorry, was that a 1-liner? Not any more!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I must point out that aliens never had any intention of helping you and this is not an offer of help.

The lack of oil in itself is not what is expected to destroy civilization on this planet. Oil is not a necessity of civilization. Oil has only been consumed as a primary fuel for the past century.

There are two reasons for posting this information.

The first relates to the fact that I am not the only one with this information, this is given away by odd coincidences and stark contradictions which will become apparent later. Pop culture is saturated with false information, manifested in beliefs in so-called Greys on the one hand, and on the other hand a prideful fantasy of a Star Trek Federation with Earth at the center of the universe. The reality is Earth is a hick town. You are aggressive and prideful and totally ignorant of the fact that we see through you.

The second relates to the fact that TEMPLE seems convinced that human civilization is doomed, or possibly they feel that the power of the FIFTH ALLIANCE is fading and don't wish to hold the reigns so tightly. Consequently, I have been extended special liberties. That is, I couldn't possibly make things worse at this point, so here you go.

In spite of what you may have heard from Star Trek, you are not required to develop Warp Drive in order to prove yourselves worthy. Technology isn't your problem.

It would be nice if the fact of the revelation of real aliens would shock the truth into you but historically that's not what happens.

The problem I speak of, your problem, is RELIGION.

Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, and L. Ron Hubbard were nothing but second rate hucksters and inscrutible and ignorant leaders have been riding their coat tails for millennia.

The last significant event in the history of Rome was Constantine's conversion to Christianity. Catholicism then held Europe under its boot for nearly a millennium.

The United States of America was formed in the Enlightment after the Dark Ages.

Today, American Christians are trying to bring back the Dark Ages once and for all. If the Christians win America, Earth loses. Simple.

Columbus

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thank you for your anti-Christian post. It will be eventually lost among the other anti-Christian post. But this one does have a uniqueness. Yes, the "aliens" would love to see Christianity fall. Thanks again for your special insight into the world's most pressing problem.

Enjoy your stay at ATS.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Most entertaining.

Since you have looked the site over, you know that we have special forums for creative writing, games, and threads of a spiritual nature.

You may also know that we like to work with facts. ATS does attrack its fair share of nutters and the like, so we like to work will rational, logical facts.

I'll keep an eye out for you in the appropriate forums and am most interested in any evidence you might produce for us there.

In the meanwhile, welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That’s a decent first post. It sounds like you thought it out quite well. And also I’ve never heard it summarized with ‘Christians want to take America back to the Dark Ages,’ which I believe is true. I’ve never given it much thought.

But you say you have been over the boards, so surely you would know that there are additional forums where a post like this would receive more attention? A fair number of people see that the post is located in the ‘Introductions’ forum and ignore it, thinking it is just some petty ‘hello’ one liner.

But either I missed the point of your post, or it did not have one. Was it about dragging the U.S. back into the Dark Age, the fact that we are using far too much oil, a combination of the two, or something entirely different?

Anyways, I hope to see you out there. Welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The reality is Earth is a hick town. You are aggressive and prideful and totally ignorant of the fact that we see through you.

Consequently, I have been extended special liberties. That is, I couldn't possibly make things worse at this point, so here you go.

The problem I speak of, your problem, is RELIGION.

I take it that at some point we are to understand that you are not human, right? Or you have been "assimilated", as your nemesis, the evil "star trek" would say. From these quotes it is obvious to me that you seem to place yourself on at least a different level as the rest of us. Perhaps it is because you find yourself enlightened, perhaps it is only the reasons that I mentioned. Either way, I find it sad that you would come to a place, a gathering of minds such as found here, and have the nerve to say that humanity cannot accept the necessary changes. If you have indeed looked over the posts and forums, as you claim, then you would discern that we are a people of facts. This has been mentioned before. You come here and defile the concept of a faith based belief system, and then expect us to just take your word that what you say exists. I'm sorry, but the fallback of, "This is all they will let me tell you" is most likely not going to sway many more than the weak minded and extremely gullable. I would absolutely love to believe in what you are saying. So much more would make sense than it does now. Unfortunately, you have come to a place where the intelligent will gather, and as my colleagues have stated before me, an intelligent man bases his opinions on fact, which you lack. Welcome to ATS, you're off to a rocky start.

top topics

join