It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

past conspiracy theories that are now fact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
im looking for some conspiracy theories that were just theories but are now proven to be fact but are still little known to the public.

of course this cant be too easy since youll always find people unwilling to admit the facts

how about teddy roosevelt coordinating a complete lack of communication prior to pearl harbor so that he could bring us to war be a fact? an official document was realeased that pretty much explains all this.

the problem i have with conspiracy theories is getting the facts straight. after reading about a conspiracy i always google the rebuttals and find tons of debates about what are the real facts.

if your trying to prove a lie, can you atleast not use the same methods to win over supporters? you people give the rest of us a bad rep as conspiracy theorists.

so basically, i often get into conversations with anti-conspiracy theorists, and id like to pull up some evidence about past theories that eventually proved to be true, except i am not currently able to because of my complete lack of knowledge about past conspiracies.

sorry for the ramble and thanks to anyone who figures out how to respond!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Off the top of my head, the Gulf of Tonkin being staged was a conspiracy theory. It is now DECLASSIFIED as being staged to get into Vietnam.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhAtIsMoUsEhow about teddy roosevelt coordinating a complete lack of communication prior to pearl harbor so that he could bring us to war be a fact? an official document was realeased that pretty much explains all this.

Welcome to ATS, WhAtIsMoUsE!

Do you have a link to the official story? I have'nt heard of this before. It should make interesting research.
------------------------------------------

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
How about the Spanish-American War?The U.S.S. Maine. I believe some people believed it was a conspiracy that turned out to be true.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
heres the link to the pearl harbor conspiracy - whatreallyhappened.com...

funny how all three mentioned involve ships being bombed to get US into a war.

the funny thing about conspiracy theories is that even the ones i believe i often dont think are bad. americans are lazy and need a good dose of paranoia and chaos to rally in support of anything.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be fecesious on one of my first posts, but I think you mean FDR not Teddy Rosevelt in reference to Pearl Harbor.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
heheh yep hes the one

top topics

join