It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK free of its debt to the USA for WWII.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me that this month of october 2002, The UK makes is final payment for its debt to the USA for what the UK borrowed during WWII. Is this true?.

I can't believe that it took 57 years to pay of the USA. How much did the UK borrow?.
or is it the USA's colossal interest rates.

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 09:49 PM
link   
dunno mate...........but it cant be anywhere near what the usa owes in child support for the same period

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What's that suppose to mean there, 'roo-bait? I pay my child support to the witch every month!

[Edited on 27-10-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 01:34 AM
link   
it ends at last - my daughter has now reached seniority and I don't pay! Hang on and one day you will feel very, very rich -trust me.
Dear Stewards: the length of the repayment period actually reflected an attempt at generosity by the US -giving Great Britain as long as possible to pay off (who then could have known how long the War might last).
To be sure, the Americans played a few dirty tricks on the British (who would surely have paid them back had they had the power!) but Lend-Lease and the loans were not an example of Yankee wickedness.
And less obviously, British-based international banking firms skimmed off a large amount of all the money, anyway.
Whether it's our virtue or our vice is open to debate; but you have to wake up pretty early to rip off "British" capitalists -ask the Rothschilds.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Fortunately, one thing I learned early in life is that, if you can keep your "member" in your pants, later on you'll be able to keep more of your money in your wallet too...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 02:32 AM
link   
this should be on the curriculum of every school.

new topics

top topics

join