It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones & MySpace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
OK so we all know MySpace is evil.

Am I crazy or is Alex Jones actually helping myspace?

It's fair for him to claim he only used it to test the censorship but having every post linked to myspace with a 'comment on this article' link just seems wrong.

In fact he probably increases myspace membership.

Anybody else see this as crazy action for someone who 'hates Murdoch'?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Was this before or after the Murdoch takeover?

I would not have considered it evil until FOX bit into it.
But wadu I know?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The more links you have on other sites the higher ranking you get on search engines. Probably that would be his best motivation. Google and all the rest of the search engine spiders must crawl myspace constantly.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes, it was after the Murdoch take over, if you look on any of the Jones sites you'll see it at the bottom of the article pages.

Good point about the Search Engines. Hadn't thought of that, still it is a bit immoral of Jones.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, seems it would be logical to better serve his own interests, that being to maximise the viewership, hence popularity of his website.
It is after all his message that is important, not where the message gets out, after all, for the Christians, were Jesus's disciples not once criminals and ne'er do wells?
What good is it to teach the learned? Got to spread out, even on a FOX owned piece of shtuff.

Personally though, I prefer rense, but Alex is linked to from there quite often. So as a result I don't miss much of Alex's material.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Posting information on myspace isn't the problem for me, I agree it's good to get the information out to as many people as he can.

It's him sending traffic and members to myspace I don't agree with. His own sites are almost a promotional tool for myspace.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Also, when you have either him or Watson as a friend (yes, I am a MySpace junkie), you constantly get posts on your Bulletins from them linking stories back to PrisonPlanet. This has in fact now put all of his bulletins on my friends bulletin boards so that he is in fact increasing his traffic at the same time.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Bravo to Mr Jones, if he can get something from myspace that's great. Clever marketing to say the least.

Turning people onto myspace isn't so great. A little bit like selling your own people down the river, for a few hits. We all know the guy is at the top of his game, it's not like he could do with a boost.

top topics

join