It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think nephilim ever existed ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was just wondering after hearing about nephilim many times if they might have existed ... I dont really know much about them . But i think i heard they are part angel .

theres a bit of information here but i dont know if theres and proof of their existence

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-5-2006 by diazrichard]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If its not in acknowledged history, then it's rather obvious there's no proof of their existance.

Plus for them to be considered real, you have to consider angels fact. And of course, if you consider angels fact, you have to consider God a fact.

Is there proof of Gods existance? Answer that one and you'll have your answer whether Nephilim existed or not.

Well unless one is a supporter of the alien theory, in which case they would be part alien instead

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
interesting theory you go there

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So either Nephilim could be say half-alien..

or you have the whole god shebang.. God, Angels, Demons and all that comes with.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
according to this site yes they do exist

stargods.org...

interesting read

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the obvious answer is , of course they existed - its right there in the bible

but - and here comes the rub ,

I don’t buy into the angelic / demonic / alien beings

and why should I , all these " explanations " are blatant un evidenced extrapolations , based on the bias of the " scholar " trying to prove that their interpretation and fabrication is correct

take any other title from the bible :

pharoses , Sadducees etc -- and imagine that we had no extra biblical information on them , just the name and what is said of them in the bible

got that -- now honestly tell me what / who the seduces were

demonstrate from the bible that they were even human -- go ahead
remember - you can only use the bible -- not any Jewish history that correctly describes them

now go back to nephelim , and look at the evidence -- its just a name that could have been a racial group -- an official title , just about anything

of course they could be angels / demons / aliens -- but there again , without circular logic - show that aliens / demons / aliens exist

the classic example is the Hittites -- till the 19th century zero was known of them from extra biblical sources -- now we know they were a bronze age culture with cities etc .

the nephelim could have been a title to describe almost anything from a caste to a official position -- to a culture --

and in the absence of any evidence , fantasists have hijacked the name to promote their own mythology , twisting them into whatever their bias and preconceived notions want them to be

it takes a brave man to admit that we just dont know certain things -- and untill eviudence is discovered -- its unlikley we ever will

but of course the fantasists have a feild day

deny ignorance

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great site on it all here...

www.returnofthenephilim.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There are two competing mainstream biblical ideas on what the nefilim are. One is that they are the result of reproduction between human women and angels that have taken on earthly/material form (ie, fallen angels), and that they are giant monstrosities.

The other is that they are the result of reproduction between the Sons of Seth and the Daughters of Cain, and are 'gigantic' in stature because Seth was righteous, or some such.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
NYGDAN :

who is to say that " giant " as used in that instance ACTUALLY meant physical size ??? . it could just as easily refer to :- reputation etc etc

i am not saying it MUST be an metaphor -- but given the evidence , more likley .

biblical literalists love to cherry pick what is a metaphore and what is literal

what would an athropologist from 4000 CE make of a 2005 poster for the " new york giants " team -- with no other material to put it in context ??

that is what is being done with biblical texts .

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by diazrichard
I was just wondering after hearing about nephilim many times if they might have existed ...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-5-2006 by diazrichard]

i found the part The Nephilim in Parahistory
about where my view is on them;
the nephilim were probably legendary neanderthal-human hybrids
from the dawn of civilization...

and in my opinion, the scriptual accounts of these beings,
came from the oral stories ~Talmud, & the mystical Hebrew proto-religion
...ancient folklore given substance & credibility, stature.

latent or unexpressed genes are the 'spiritual' magic, which makes
giants~nephilim~and the later incarnations of Rephilim etc...
like Goliath, a Philistine, (who were not supposed to exist any longer
because of the planet-cleansing Biblical Flood)

an interweaving of folklore, myth, mystical mysteries of the spirit,
tribal conscious, anthropology, metaphor...
but your welcomed & free to choose that (fallen angels) belief system
& internalized view of the world , 'mind-scape' ,
if you desire

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
If its not in acknowledged history, then it's rather obvious there's no proof of their existance.
Plus for them to be considered real, you have to consider angels fact. And of course, if you consider angels fact, you have to consider God a fact.
Is there proof of Gods existance? Answer that one and you'll have your answer whether Nephilim existed or not.
Well unless one is a supporter of the alien theory, in which case they would be part alien instead

Merka, I picked you just because of your train of thought. I will work off your points, just for a start on this topic.

en.wikipedia.org...
emons_in_Christianity
My Friend and others interested. Go to this link. Pick a Blue Name. Read About it. Review them all. And there are More, and/or, Similiar accounts in Other Accounts.

I picked Gergori
en.wikipedia.org...
Read it. Read the Cheif of Tens and do the links. Then go Back and read some more.

So maybe your a fast reader.

These, Demons, Fallen, Gregori, Watchers, are also known as another fun loving, self worshiping bunch of grand illusionists.
en.wikipedia.org...

Topics in Greek mythology
Gods
Primordial gods and Titans
Zeus and the Olympians
Pan and the nymphs
Apollo and Dionysus
Sea-gods and Earth-gods

Heroes
Heracles and his Labors
Achilles and the Trojan War
Odysseus and the Odyssey
Jason and the Argonauts
Perseus and the Gorgon
Oedipus and Thebes
Theseus and the Minotaur
Triptolemus and the
Eleusinian Mysteries

Related
Satyrs, centaurs and dragons
Ancient Greek religion

Here, not only are we seeing the Demons, Fallen, Gergori and Watchers acting out roles AS A gOD or dIETY, we even see some of the Nephilum themselves.

Hercules. Perseus was as well, if I am not Mistaken. Achilles would fall under this banner as well, I think. It's not everyday a Sea Nymph is your Mother.

But why stop there. Check out the Related Section....Satyrs, Centaurs.

I have to note a quick line, from Enoch Chapter 7 Vs 5; :And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood." This is what Enoch is discussing. The Offspring of the Fallen are Mating with Beasts. Or at the least, Gentically manipulating

Oh and here is the Roman Verison
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and the Egyptian
en.wikipedia.org...

And what would it be if the Sumerians where left out?
en.wikipedia.org...

At some point, between reading the Similiarities in all of these Charaters, you can not help but realize, they are the same. The Fallen Azazel, is the Roman god Vulcan for Example or in Greek mythology is the god Hephaestus. They have the same attributes.

Now..... you can sit back and Ask, your First question.

I just thought, that it should be clear, No Demons, No gODS.

So much of History is Glorified in places of Worship beyond what we today consider extreme.

The Patheon for example.

Or the Temple of Zeus
en.wikipedia.org...:Ac.templezeus3.jpg

I could go on for days.

All of this is created solely for the sake of Fiction? (It's a rhetorical question)

So, if this would/could be true, then you must realize there are Angels and ultimately God, (by whatever name your associate God as being, ie Allah, Jehovah, God), which is your Second Point.

That makes your third a Mute Point.

And look No Aliens, unless we wish to consider one part, or the Whole Lot as Alien. Techincally, they are just that. Alien.

Hope you enjoy the reading. If you read it all, we may see you next week sometime. Until then.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Wrong. Most things that we now accept as history we said wasn't historically accurate in the 70's. (They did this speciffically against the Bible with several of the older groups like the Hittites--something that archaeologists now use on a regular basis, sometimes to find long buried townships.)

All it means when you can't find it in accepted hisorical facts is that that you can't find it accepted historical facts. What is accepted by one person or a small group of people is often irrelevant to the truth of anything. It's one of the reasons that history classes make my skin crawl, though I wnet through it like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
just because it's in the bible, doesn't mean it exists.

there is absolutely NO proof that the nephilim existed, just as there is no proof that the document that mentions them is an accurate historical document.

sure, every culture has stories of large people, that doesn't mean that they exist.

i want some CONCRETE evidence on this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
just because it's in the bible, doesn't mean it exists.
I never said it does.

there is absolutely NO proof that the nephilim existed, just as there is no proof that the document that mentions them is an accurate historical document.
Here's a place that does deal with people saying it's historically accurate in the palces it can be tested: just one of many

sure, every culture has stories of large people, that doesn't mean that they exist.
And it doesn't mean that they don't either. Goliath's existance is fact, if his height isn't: Cereal Bowl
We have men who are 9 ft tall today. Why does this have to be a modern phenomenon? This "just because I haven't seen proof" comes across as an excuse...when there are people now that are nearly twice my height.

I don't care whether there were or wern't neffle-heffalumps. This mentality that there can't be tall people who did what was then wonderous things because it was in the Bible is jsut as insane as believing the bible for only the sake of the Bible. Nobody stated how tall they are supposed to be. They could just be 6 ft instead of the traditional 5 ft Jew. We wern't there, we don't know. We can't say anything either way until there is factual evidence about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
For that matter. I do not believe in Neanderthals (never found), or cro-magnon??

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
No verified Nephilim remains or artifacts make it tough to say they existed. You think something more significant and recognizable would be left by a race of giant extraterrestrials. I could be wrong, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake Pliskin
No verified Nephilim remains or artifacts make it tough to say they existed. You think something more significant and recognizable would be left by a race of giant extraterrestrials. I could be wrong, though.

Hey Your Snake Pliskin! I thought you'd be Taller!

Sorry, but they were good movies.

Snake, review the following.

Question

Would these events account, in anyway, shape, or form, for the lack of the evidence one would seek?

ENOCH CHAPTER X.
www.sacred-texts.com...

9. And to Gabriel said the Lord: 'Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in battle: for length of days shall they not have. 10. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and that each one of them will live five hundred years.'

Now I this is part of the instruction given to each of the Arch Angels and the tasks they had to complete. As noted, Gabriel was given the Nephilium (incase this was not clear) to address, and through whatever means he used, he had them "Destroy" each other, as best he could.

Now I have another section to throw in here, just to emphasize the appetites these Giants had.

ENOCH CHAPTER VII.
www.sacred-texts.com...

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

Now, these entities had quite the appetite. Orally Fixated on the consumption of Flesh, namely Mankind, and as noted, apparently each other.

Would disposal of remains that have been part of thier Last Meal, be easy to locate?

Just asking if this means anything.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes I do and I think you see them during strongman competitions, people from iceland, scandinavia, etc. They were cannibals supposedly,not really to far fetched...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I completely understand why this person signs deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If the world was distoryed for the most part come 2012, then thousands of years down the road of humanity fututristic humans would dig up our records and think that the "Nephilim" existed today. It is that the old mythology keeps resurfacing toward the end of the civilization and culture. This stems from the story being an effective tool of the subconscious mind with such a tale being also quite compelling.

The Original event where the story started was in all reality somewhere in the ball field of 125thousand+ years ago. Check out "The Planetary Rebelion" Paper of the Urantia book for more details.

<<   2 >>

join