It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: 2000 year history of genocide against Jews!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The following essay lists many mass murders of Jews by both ancient Romans and by Christians, during the period 70 to 1946 CE. We do not wish to imply that the descendants of the Romans (the present-day Italians) and/or modern Christians advocate the extermination of Jews. We do not imply that Christians today are responsible for actions by their spiritual ancestors in past centuries. Many might disagree with us. But it is our belief is that it is illogical and immoral to hold an individual responsible for events that occurred before they were born.

However, continual past attempts at Jewish extermination are a fact of history. They need to be closely examined and understood by everyone, in order to prevent future religiously based genocides and mass crimes against humanity. Otherwise, there is no hope for the future.

The religious intolerance and racism that were responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews in the past differ little in principle from the emotions that caused incidents of mass murder, crimes against humanity, and genocide in the late 1990s.

source: www.religioustolerance.org...

This source has a fantastic amount of research regarding the constant attempts at extermination of Jews since 70 AD. And the emergence of Christianity from 300 AD on and how the Christians continued to persecute and attempt a complete genocide of a whole religion and its people.

Some fine examples thorughout history:

367 - 376: St. Hilary of Poitiers referred to Jews as a perverse people who God has cursed forever. St. Ephroem refers to synagogues as brothels.
379-395: Emperor Theodosius the Great permitted the destruction of synagogues if it served a religious purpose. Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire at this time.
380: The bishop of Milan was responsible for the burning of a synagogue; he referred to it as "an act pleasing to God."

Christians saints calling Jews a "perverse people" and their places of worship "brothels." A bishop burned down a synagogue to please God.

1096: The First Crusade was launched in this year. Although the prime goal of the crusades was to liberate Jerusalem from the Muslims, Jews were a second target. As the soldiers passed through Europe on the way to the Holy Land, large numbers of Jews were challenged: "Christ-killers, embrace the Cross or die!" 12,000 Jews in the Rhine Valley alone were killed in the first Crusade. This behavior continued for 8 additional crusades until the 9th in 1272.

The purpose of the Crusades was largely to exterminate both Muslims and Jews.

1298: Jews were persecuted in Austria, Bavaria and Franconia. 140 Jewish communities were destroyed; more than 100,000 Jews were killed over a 6 month period.
1306: 100,000 Jews are exiled from France. They left with only the clothes on their backs, and food for only one day.
1320: 40,000 French shepherds went to Palestine on the Shepherd Crusade. On the way, 140 Jewish communities were destroyed.
1321: In Guienne, France, Jews were accused of having incited criminals to poison wells. 5,000 Jews were burned alive, at the stake.

1354: 12,000 Jews were executed in Toledo.

Etc....etc....etc.....Wonderful history those Christians have.......You decide to create a new religion by creating a Messiah and attempt to kill everyone that doesn't agree or agree to convert.

Not totally unsimilar to what the born again type Christians do today. They aren't killing anyone, but they sure want everyone to know that THEY will be saved and all the rest of us will punished by eternal damnation.....

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The title is sevrely misleading. Christianity in the very first days was all jews. jesus was a Jew, so were the disciples and the first apostles.

1500 years is more likely correct than 2000 years.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The Catholic church no doubt had a corrupt and genocidal mentality back then, but Jews were not the only people they killed. They also killed fellow christians, such as protestants, who opposed their selling of indulgences and such. King Henry VIII alone put over 70,000 protestants to death by burning or hanging. But, that policy has completely changed over the past two centuries.

I don't agree that christians want everyone to know that they're saved and everyone else will burn in hell. Christian ministries have been spreading the word since 2000 years ago, and despite the media's constant rants, the church preaches love and tolerance, not fire and brimstone. Its an open religion, people.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

"Nazi anti-Judaism was the work of godless, anti-Christian criminals. But it would not have been possible without the almost two thousand years' pre-history of 'Christian' anti-Judaism..." Hans Küng 1

Whaa--?! They claim that the holocaust was based on Christian beliefs and that it was a direct cause of Christianity. Blatant BS. Hitler and his Nazi regime were the direct causes of the holocaust, and Hitler only claimed to be christian as a mask. Look at the true christian doctrine, God would never tolerate this and that is why the Protestant movement broke off (but they were persecuted too).

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Whaa--?! They claim that the holocaust was based on Christian beliefs and that it was a direct cause of Christianity. Blatant BS. Hitler and his Nazi regime were the direct causes of the holocaust, and Hitler only claimed to be christian as a mask.

Looks to me that based on the Christian history of genocide against Jews, Hitler was a good Christian! He was one of a long list of people that attempted to destroy Jews and most of it was done by good God fearing Christians thoughout history!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Whaa--?! They claim that the holocaust was based on Christian beliefs and that it was a direct cause of Christianity. Blatant BS. Hitler and his Nazi regime were the direct causes of the holocaust, and Hitler only claimed to be christian as a mask.

Looks to me that based on the Christian history of genocide against Jews, Hitler was a good Christian! He was one of a long list of people that attempted to destroy Jews and most of it was done by good God fearing Christians thoughout history!

You seriously misrepresent Christianity. You show off your comeplete ignorance by claiming that such horrible persons were Christians. Did you ever consider the fact that such persons, such as Hitler as you mentioned were Satanicly inspired to do the evil they do inorder to attempt to destroy the true work of Christ.

So long as Satan is free he will continue to do this until he is put away forever. until then he will continue to attack the work of christ and all who believe in him, and people like you will continue to mislead people concerning Christianity.

Do your self a favor and pick up an actual Bilbe to really read what Christ taught, Better yet remain ignorant so that you can justify your own hatred of Christ.

19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

those are the actual words of Jesus- the one you really hate!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Do your self a favor and pick up an actual Bilbe to really read what Christ taught, Better yet remain ignorant so that you can justify your own hatred of Christ.

I don't hate Christ. There is a difference between Christ and Christians...let's get that straight. And I have read many translations of the bible and read them many times! I enjoy fiction!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Seems to me Jews have been having bad kharma way before Jesus even entered the picture.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Excitable_Boy, is this another attempt at Christian bashing? I thought you were better than that.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hitler was NOT a Christian. In fact, he was quite anti Christian. He was once quoted as saying "One is either a Christian or a German, one cannot be both". Hitler only tolerated Christianity because of the fact most germans were very religous people. Hitler was more enthralled with a sort of athiest humanism. He also used traditional germanic beliefs in his propoganda machine, although even his brand of teutonic paganism was greatly perverted and twisted.

Hitler may have been born a catholic, but that does not make him one. he chose to reject the church.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Did you ever consider the fact that such persons, such as Hitler as you mentioned were Satanicly inspired to do the evil they do inorder to attempt to destroy the true work of Christ.

Are priests that molest and rape children also Satanically inspired? and are they trying to destory the true work of Christ? Because it seems many of them were given a free pass by the higher ups in the church (including the Popes) over and over again until the crap hit the fan!!

Just one example....but there are many, many more within various Christian faiths.

Hitler may have been born a catholic, but that does not make him one. he chose to reject the church.

I just meant he did the same things these wonderful Christians have been doing for 2000 years...He seems to have styled himself after the genocide loving Christians!!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I don't hate Christ. There is a difference between Christ and Christians...let's get that straight. And I have read many translations of the bible and read them many times! I enjoy fiction!

"I don't Hate Christ.. I enjoy reading fiction." Yah- you hate Christ your darkness is so deep it's a wonder you can even see anything

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Are priests that molest and rape children also Satanically inspired? and are they trying to destory the true work of Christ? Because it seems many of them were given a free pass by the higher ups in the church (including the Popes) over and over again until the crap hit the fan!!

Just one example....but there are many, many more within various Christian faiths.

I just meant he did the same things these wonderful Christians have been doing for 2000 years...He seems to have styled himself after the genocide loving Christians!!

Yes those priest are satanicly inspired they have the same spirit in them as you do!

And.... Hitler was not a christian Period!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yes those priest are satanicly inspired they have the same spirit in them as you do!

Graystar...you should know what you're talking about before you open your mouth. I was repeatedly raped by a priest as a child as an altar boy in the Catholic Church over several years. For you to sit there and tell me that I am as evil as they are is disgusting and you should be slapped by the moderators on this forum with at least a warning, if not more.

Was I evil? Is that why I was raped by this man? You disgust me.

You want to know why I have anger towards that church and other "Christian" organizations? Well now you know......they are all filled with corruption and disgusting crimes that get brushed under the carpet by people as high up as the Pope...or Gordon Hinckley the joke of a "prophet" who heads the Mormon church....and any other leader of any other "Christian" organization. Religion is EVIL!

If Jesus were alive, he would agree!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So yeah, there have been corrupt Christians, just like there are corrupt people in every other group in society. That doesn't make Christianity in itself bad.

I am sorry that you had that awful experience and yes, that part of the system has been corrupt. Personally I think that if Catholic priests were allowed to marry then these problems wouldn't happen like this. However that's my opinion. Yet there are many priests and Catholics who would never commit or condone this kind of behaviour.

I agree with everyone else when they say that Hitler was NOT a Christian. He played one when it was convenient for him.

I am not even Christian and I think this is just wrong. It seems like you are implying that Christianity is bad because there were bad Christians in the past who did bad things. That's just like saying white Americans are bad just because some of our ancestors owned slaves.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Christianity in the very first days was all jews. jesus was a Jew, so were the disciples and the first apostles.

There was no Christianity then. Christ wasn't a Christian...he was a Jew. And correct, all the disciples and apostles were all Jews...not Christians. Christianity didn't come about until about 300 AD.....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
JEWS 2000 years of passing the buck and assuming no faults for anything.

Might I reminde you, It was bloodthirsty Jews who insisted on the execution of Jesus the Christ, the most important man to ever walk the Earth.

It takes a Jew to kill a Jesus......Boy, if you want to SLAP God right in the face, nail his son to a chunk of wood and leave him for rot in the hot sun....Those responsible and those who advocated this are what are known as murderous animals. They were Jews

Lets >>FF 2000 years...IDF snipers routienly use palestinian children, who by the way are NO threat on their way home from school, for target practice. Again, murderous animals.....Lots of photos to support this.

Not much has changed in terms of Jewish savagery over the past 2000 years.

You think that every Christian is going to just sit here and listen to your &hit?

Not this one. Jews are getting far too accoustome to getting the green light and the free pass everywhere you go, being able to run their mouth about whatever they want, spreading hate and BS without being responsible for it. Hell, scroll up for a great example of that. Not on my watch Jew-boy. You wanna hate? Bring it

Im not gonna have you smearing &hit on my people without shining a light on yours boy.

If you want to go tit for tat, your gonna get burried boy....but for starters, chew on this boiled chicken...

Nazareth The latest information from Local Authorities related the phenomenon of violence against women [in the Israeli society] reveals that one in five women in the country are exposed to violence by a husband or a family member. This information is different from the previous figures which stated that only 150,000 women are battered or exposed to beating in the country [Israel.]

Shmuel Avoav from the Education Committee of the [Israeli] Local Authorities who revealed this information said that thousands of women and girls in the country who are physically abused by husbands or relatives do not press complaints because of fear from husbands /relatives or because of care for the welfare of their children/ family, or for other reasons.

Avoav invoked battered women and woman victims of domestic violence to submit complaints against their abusers because the complaint will be a deterrence in many cases...... top of page

Say shalom when you want more cause there is just sooo much you need to know.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! Don't let all of these accusations let you turn to hate! Jesus did not die in order to let his believers turn into anti-semetics.

Excitable-boy is justifiably angry at the Church because of what happened to him as a boy (if it happened). What good is it to show hatred towards him? It will only furthur justify his claim that Christians are bad.

What Excitably-boy said is right. Christians are responsible for many mass murders and atrocities in the past. We cannot escape this truth. But as Christians, we should learn from our past mistakes so that they will never happen again. What you are doing is rejecting every thought that Christians could be wrong, and that in itself is the wrong thing to do. Humble yourself and accept that Christians were wrong in the past, there is nothing to earn from believing ourselves to be perfect.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Not on my watch Jew-boy.

Jew Boy? It appears you are behaving exactly as Christians have been since around 300 AD. Thank you for doing such a fine job of proving my point and making your people proud. I think the last time I heard someone called jew boy was around third or fourth grade.

If you want to go tit for tat, your gonna get burried boy

Really? Who's going to do the burying? Sounds like we have a White Supremist here. Just a guess...but a fairly educated one.

One in Five Israeli Women Is Battered By A Relative Or A Husband
Al Sennnara on Feb. 24, 1998, Violence Begets Violence in Israel Households.

I think that's about the same percentage of women that get battered in the United States...no matter what religion, race, creed or otherwise they are. Of course, in the White Supremist and Red Neck populations, the percentages are much higher.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What Excitably-boy said is right. Christians are responsible for many mass murders and atrocities in the past.

In the past? Yes....but also in the present!

www.religioustolerance.org...

This source lists over 20 conflicts going on right now that are religiously based.

"The war changed everything in my life and I was one of thousands forced to leave during the ethnic cleansing in my city. But they did not manage to change me. I have NOT learned to hate my neighbors and I never will." Lana Obradovic, a student from Bosnia Herzegovina who lost many relatives in the religious conflict there during the 1990s.

"Intolerance breeds injustice. Injustice invariably leads to rebellion and retaliation, and these will lead to escalation on the part of both making reconciliation almost impossible. It would appear that during times of stress, despair and frustration, people become increasingly irrational, and they do things which they never think they are capable of. And so we see hideous brutality perpetrated by the most gentle people."

Religiously based wars. What an oxymoron.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join