It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

magic_

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yin_yang
Ive been a watcher from afar of BOTA, always wanting to find out more info...but nothing ive found has been specific as to what its practices are....Do you have to attend an actual temple or anything, or is the research done on your own terms w/ them as a guide? You can U2U me if you wish about the info ...

thanks brother

It is not required that any Frater or Soror of the Order be physically present at any official meeting. However, many of our members elect to take the Pronaos Degree when the qualifications are met, and this degree can only be conferred in a Temple setting.

A great many B.O.T.A. members also choose to meet in Study Groups if they live in areas near other members. These are informal meetings, but are highly recommended by the Board of Stewards, as they not only encourage study, but also fellowship.

The actual curriculum is via mail, with the Builder receiving study lessons and tips on practice monthly.

As Cug mentioned, the primary teaching tool utilized is the Tarot symbolism. Our theory is that the Tarot was developed by Adepts for the purposing of teaching students to empower their lives and gain knowledge of themselves and the Universe. In B.O.T.A., practices utilizing the Tarot are the basis of the Work, which differs the Order from the original Golden Dawn, which focuses more on ritualistic movements and activities.

Strangely, the Tarot is given little or no notice in Freemasonry (I say "strangely" because Tarot is a literal storehouse of esoteric symbolism). However, on p. 777 of "Morals and Dogma", Pike writes:

He who desires to attain to the understanding of the Grand Word and the possession of the Great Secret, ought carefully to read the Hermetic philosophers, and will undoubtedly attain initiation, as others have done; but he must take, for the key of their allegories, the single dogma of Hermes, contained in his table of Emerald, and follow, to class his acquisitions of knowledge and direct the operation, the order indicated in the Kabalistic alphabet of the Tarot.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Masonic Light]

Cug

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
signature
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare

LOL

Does that say what I think it does?

Did you have a bad experience watching Animal House or something?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
More love and postive energys in the world would make the world a better place. Not loving magic

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

LOL

Does that say what I think it does?

It does indeed.

Did you have a bad experience watching Animal House or something?

Actually, the phrase reminded me of Julius Ceasar on the Ides of March, but I think the Animal House routine is just as valid.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
thanks brother for the info, i may look into it more seriously .

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic. It seems to stem from the Occult and Mystery Schools that were around even in Plato's day. Now im glad someone brought up the Emerald Tablets. It seems these are the source of Alchemy, and all esoteric knowledge. I have read that copies were saved from Alexandria but the originals are long lost, possibly burried on the Giza Plateau. Has anyone got any info on the meaning of the tablets?

I do know that As is above, So is below. This seems to be the general principle behind all the Magick.

Has anyone out there practiced Alchemy? If so what can you tell us about the scientific workings of the unseen universe?

Ayahuasca

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiMMii
More love and postive energys in the world would make the world a better place. Not loving magic

You may want to see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Especially the entry about Bodhicitta.

Originally posted by Organic Shadow
This is a very interesting topic. It seems to stem from the Occult and Mystery Schools that were around even in Plato's day. Now im glad someone brought up the Emerald Tablets. It seems these are the source of Alchemy, and all esoteric knowledge. I have read that copies were saved from Alexandria but the originals are long lost, possibly burried on the Giza Plateau. Has anyone got any info on the meaning of the tablets?

The Emerald Tablets were typed up in the glossary, in the above mentioned thread, if you're interested.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
I am interested in aquiring this magic and what is the name of it for helpful needs.

"Magic" is essentially the notion that "like generates like." Once you have that figured out, it's all just a matter of finding one "like" thing to influence another "like" thing. You can work with symbols and archetypes or even little models, as they do in Voodoo. The idea is to get things to resonate with each other.

Magic is also the notion of "balance," using the four or five basic elements of nature. Fire, stone, water, air, sometimes wood, and sometimes "starliquid." Things can change into other similar things if you change their elemental balance.

Magic generally doesn't work as good as science, though.

What is it that you want to accomplish? To know much, live long, travel far?
Magic is usually not the most effective way to get these things.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Then it isn't real Magick.

Not only is real Magick a science, it could be argued that so-called "profane science", i.e., the science available in textbooks, is merely one branch of Magick. Occultists have claimed this for a long time, but it wasn't until Einstein published his theories on general relativity that the non-occult scientific community began to consider it.

Magick in itself deals with causation, but the theories behind it support both relativity and quantum mechanics. The scientific method is used in Magick, with the axiom that for a thing to be true, each identical experiment must yield the same result.

It is my firm belief that everyone beginning studies in Magick should have at least a basic understanding of physics and cosmology. To the layman, I always recommend Stephen Hawking's "An Illustrated Brief History of Time", or, if they have strong mathematical backgrounds, Einstein's "Special Theory of Relativity" and "General Theory of Relativity", along with Newton's "Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica".

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I am interested in aquiring this magic and what is the name of it for helpful needs.

"Magic" is essentially the notion that "like generates like." Once you have that figured out, it's all just a matter of finding one "like" thing to influence another "like" thing. You can work with symbols and archetypes or even little models, as they do in Voodoo. The idea is to get things to resonate with each other.

Magic is also the notion of "balance," using the four or five basic elements of nature. Fire, stone, water, air, sometimes wood, and sometimes "starliquid." Things can change into other similar things if you change their elemental balance.

What is it that you want to accomplish? To know much, live long, travel far?
Magic is usually not the most effective way to get these things.

I know some people natives used some magic or something like that.

Heres the story Once this girl used to live in a hause that belonged to some people they were the owners , who were natives but they were bad natives and didn't like the girl staying and wanted her to leave.So they used some kind of magic or whatever, then,

One night when no one was in the house she was reading a book and she saw an apparition of her deciesed family member) no one was in the house the door was locked and she had the light's on , all the neigbors herd her yelling hard like she had seen hell.

but the ghost demon was there to scare her very hard.It was written all over them that the owners did it.

Plus there is also real magic that works, and fake magic the ones witches that don't actually do anything or work things like that.

Im interested in the real one for things im interested in to make myself better good things like money and travel and everything im interested in like rolls royce cars and planes.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Then it isn't real Magick.

Not only is real Magick a science, it could be argued that so-called "profane science", i.e., the science available in textbooks, is merely one branch of Magick. Occultists have claimed this for a long time, but it wasn't until Einstein published his theories on general relativity that the non-occult scientific community began to consider it.

Magick in itself deals with causation, but the theories behind it support both relativity and quantum mechanics. The scientific method is used in Magick, with the axiom that for a thing to be true, each identical experiment must yield the same result.

It is my firm belief that everyone beginning studies in Magick should have at least a basic understanding of physics and cosmology. To the layman, I always recommend Stephen Hawking's "An Illustrated Brief History of Time", or, if they have strong mathematical backgrounds, Einstein's "Special Theory of Relativity" and "General Theory of Relativity", along with Newton's "Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica".
even The u.s government uses magic thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr... the u.s capitol is a pentagram from above even many other palces like that are pentagrams used for magic.
The u.s. dallar 1 dallar bill the great seal is a a magic pentacle seal uses magic and and eye, that's the magic I was talking about that is real and works.The ones with the pyramids.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I do know that As is above, So is below. This seems to be the general principle behind all the Magick.

Has anyone out there practiced Alchemy? If so what can you tell us about the scientific workings of the unseen universe?

Ayahuasca
Mind explaining your avi.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

The Emerald Tablets were typed up in the glossary, in the above mentioned thread, if you're interested.
thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...
Did you know that the u.s. one dallar uses magic the pentacle.

This magic is real and can do whatever youre interests are you can be rich.
[edit on 27-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What the hell are you babling about?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ML, I'm new to this board. I was wondering could we speak through email because I really would like to ask you something in private. I tried to send you a message through this site, but I need 20 post before I can do that...
My email address is [email protected]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr_mason
ML, I'm new to this board. I was wondering could we speak through email because I really would like to ask you something in private. I tried to send you a message through this site, but I need 20 post before I can do that...
My email address is [email protected]
Just PM me I never trust email

Get the 20 p

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Huh?

One might ask you the same question.

Please sir, it's not that difficult.

Let's follow it step by step.

1) kiMMii spoke as if Magic and Love/positive energy are unrelated(which they are in the case of black magic and witchcraft).

2) I made a thread that explains Magic, and that stresses the importance of Bodhicitta: the sincere wish to attain Enlightenment for all sentient Beings, and to utilize esoteric powers or Magic for that very purpose(Love/positive energy). This was to show kiMMii and others that the most important aspect of Magic is the one that is usually ignored.

3) Organic Shadow inquired about the Emerald Tablets of Tehuti, and I said that their contents are availible in the Gnostic glossary that I quoted in the new topic I made.

Does it make more sense now?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Huh?

One might ask you the same question.

Please sir, it's not that difficult.

Let's follow it step by step.

1) kiMMii spoke as if Magic and Love/positive energy are unrelated(which they are in the case of black magic and witchcraft).

2) I made a thread that explains Magic, and that stresses the importance of Bodhicitta: the sincere wish to attain Enlightenment for all sentient Beings, and to utilize esoteric powers or Magic for that very purpose(Love/positive energy). This was to show kiMMii and others that the most important aspect of Magic is the one that is usually ignored.

3) Organic Shadow inquired about the Emerald Tablets of Tehuti, and I said that their contents are availible in the Gnostic glossary that I quoted in the new topic I made.

Does it make more sense now?
Is this magic the real one that actually works ?like for money and everything

Do you speak english really good? if not then go back to egypt

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've also realized that one should have at least some decent understanding of basic Science, as this can surely help one to spot out the charlatans of Esoteric Science.

Wasn't Sir Isaac Newton a Rosicrucian?

By the way; Hawaii_boy is obviously a troll, after reading more of his posts.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've also realized that one should have at least some decent understanding of basic Science, as this can surely help one to spot out the charlatans of Esoteric Science.

Wasn't Sir Isaac Newton a Rosicrucian?

By the way; Hawaii_boy is obviously a troll, after reading more of his posts.
Well no im not ,

Im interested in this topic.

I know for sure there is an afterlife , ghosts djins, demons, and a soul

after playing with the Oiuja boards and seeing small mystical creatures im sure of that everything aliens and the magic im talking about is real.

Tell me one thing is there magic that fly literally? im just asking thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join