It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure Nonsense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal_Question
I saw this movie the other day and it made me wonder if there is some kind of secret treasure somwhere in the world not necissarly to masons n such

but in genral, it would be really good fun to actually go and find some kind of treasure that changes the world

like if there really were scrolls from Alexandria ect

so does anyone think theres a possiblity that some kind of awsome secret treasure exists somewhere and has been long forgotton

I've mentioned somewhere before some thoughts I had about this, at least in regards to secrets being kept by some ancient fraternal order. Considering that in most cases, when you have more than two people involved in a secret, the only way it stays a secret is if everyone dies. It just doesn't follow that no information would have ever just leaked on sheer odds alone. As far as other, more innocently secret treasure is concerned, I think there is still quite a bit to be discovered. We learn more about our planet everyday. It is absolutely rich with bountiful wonders. And the ancient world? The same. Everyday new discoveries are made that alter the way we perceive history. Here is a prime example:
The Scorpion King and how he's changing the Egyptian King's List
I think the link is pretty self explanatory. But this is precisely what I mean. There is soooo much out there left to be found. Each discovery makes me proud to be a part of these times. Most especially considering that ATS is one of the best places to hear about new revelations. Do you realize that important subject matter often appears here before the general public is even aware of it? It's absolutely wonderful.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This treasure does exist. perhaps there's no scrolls from Alexandria, or no holy grail, but the templars did manage to launch a few ships the night the Pope and King of France decided to have them all killed and/or arrested. We know they made of witha bunch of riches, because alot of their wealth was never recovered after their order was more or less ended. Whether the ships sank at sea, or not, the treasure that they escaped with is out there somewhere. Perhaps at the bottom of the Atlantic :/

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If you follow this theory of the Knights making off with large sums of money, then I suppose you might also follow the prominent idea that there money went on to become what is now the swiss banks.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
some of you are just plain dumb, ignorant and oblivious... dont mind the men behind the curtian? no. # you.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

"if people ever realize the true personal power they all posses, should they ever figure out the truth, then the entire evil of this world and the zeitgeist they pray upon will collapse, like a house of cards..."

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
you do know the National Treasure was a MOVIE right ?? and do you also know that Hollywood has a tendency to MAKE THINGS UP to fit their movies !!

don't get riled at a movie....many of them are factually incorrect.

You do realize that the best place to use propaganda is in the movies. Most of the sheep believe that the movies are a lot more accurate than given credit for. Especially the people on psychiatric medicines. Something about psychiatric medicines opens peoples minds to be easily brainwashed. I know for a fact that they show the movie NT of the topic of the OP frequently in Mental Hospitals. All to better brain wash the patients into supporting the NWO.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn

You should read the Templar Code for DUmmies by Christopher Hodapp. www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211833147&sr=8-1

Its a great book with excellent research regarding the Templars from the author who is a 33 degree mason who has spent many years speaking and researching these topics.

In his book Hodapp debunks much of the popular theory of the Templars and discusses point by point all the theories of their treasure. I can't remember it fact for fact, but Hodapp discusses the evidence that the Templars did not in fact escape with a treasure. Apparently the King of France de-valued the French currency by melting it and skimming some of the top to use in his wars or some other pursuit. He was apparently found out or almost found out and used the Templars as a skape goat. I think the gist was he captured the Templars main castle/keep and found no treasure. However, according to written history he very shortly thereafter re-called much of the French coin currency and had it re-cast with better quality metals/gold/silver re-adding to its value. Hodapp infers from hsi research that the King some how came into a large amount of gold and silver to re-cast the coins... and that this most likely was the fabled Templar treasure. That's not to say that a small contingent of Templars didn't escape beforehand with a treasure of historical or religious value.

Relative to the discussion of the National Treasure movie and the Founding Fathers, Hodapp has published another book to contradict this hoo-ha. www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211833147&sr=8-1 Solomon's Builders is a great look at colonial america, the founding fathers, the establishment of Washington, D.C. and the truth, based on much factual research, about the Revolutionary war and the founding fathers.

Note, i'm not Hodapp, his publisher, nor do i work for Amazon. I've read a number of Masonic books and feel this author has published several excellent volumes mentioned above. i strongly encourage anyone interested in these topics to read these two books.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I understand the OP's frustration.

But we must keep in mind that these are just movies, and they can help in that they "steer" ignorant sheep into the possibility of actually investigating the subject, which will in turn, make them use the internet for enlightenment,...slight and inaccurate as it is, for now...

The best movie directors send their message in a creative,subtle, yet powerful way...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So the Eye of Ra, an Egyptian symbol was only added to the masons after the USA invented it centuries later? The evolution I have uncovered which has been inspired by other peoples informational movies which are pushing the idea research for yourself and don't follow the group. Don't convey other peoples ideas as your own and don't believe even what THEY say without checking things out on your own. I thought that would mean the truth but I guess my research is all based on a people trying to make me a government hater! Growing up I have seen the history books change the truth over the years so how does one learn from the past when the writings of the past are changed for "Better Education"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join