It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A Vision, I Saw......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw Satan being forced to his knees before a Bright Light, who I knew was Christ. There was a 'huge' hand coming from behind Satan, and holding & pushing him to his knees. The hand was holding him by the back of his neck. Satan wasn't submitting to this, but being "forced", and was only on one knee, but resisting going down on both knees. He had a long black hooded cape on, the hood was down, and he had other very old, but human looking clothes on. Cuffed above the ankle pants, old boots, and a large collared shirt. He didn't have horns like we percieve, but looked like a bald, old, wrinkled man, still in good physical form. The clothes looked very much like old quaker style?

Has anyone ever had a simular dream/vision? I wish I were an Artist, I would draw it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
NO, i havent had anything simular. I have many dreams of heaven/God/Jesus, never any about the Devil himself.

I am curious however, was it a dream? OR was it a Vision? I am not sure of the exact deffenition of vision, but in my experince I would say visions usually either take place during conscienceness or somewhere in the middle of being awake and asleep. I have come to find out that SOME dreams are very important in our lives and we sheed take heed to SOME of them. (BTW: there will be no doubt witch ones to notice.) I believe visions are more often then not signs of comfort or information that is to be shared with others.

Although you must be VERY discerning and almost reluctent to believe people who tell you these things. If it seems like they are doing it for any kind of self-gratification or platform, take EXTREME caution. Yet, if they themselves are unsure or maybe even reluctent to share they MAY be more truth to these individuals.

However I think your dream was more of God revealing himself to you in a special way. I would feel comfort in that we have a God who is more powerfull then the enemy even so he cant resist! Yet, it was just a dream so ponder it/learn from if possible then move on.

BTW: jen what sort of religious background do you have?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It was not a dream, but a vision. I was wide awake....middle of the day vision. My religious background from a child was forced JW cult. I left that gladly when I was 17, and for years ran from religion. I am christian, non denominational. I started having visions around 1999/2000? That was about the time I left going to conventional churches, and started self studying at home of the bible.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, awesome! I am glad you have gotten out of the JW's.

I would however recommend some-sort of fellowship with other believers whether that be church/bible study/ small group. Even though you already had a rough start to organized "church". It really helps having some sort of a counselor/pastor in our studies of God's Word! Finding one can be harder then anticipated, but God will eventually take you where he wants you.

BTW: I think its very well for lack of a better word "cool" God chose to reveal himself to you in that way!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh I do have fellowship! One big reason for leaving the church was God exposing false doctrine to me. Like I tell everyone else.... I'm in the wilderness. I do have B/S on Friday nights with my girlfriends though. It's something we all look foward to. We know a week in advance what we will study, and everyone does their homework, and everybody contributes. But if any way out there views pop up, we blow it out of the water with proof from the bible.

I want you to read this thread. It's the first time I decided to talk publicly about a vision. This was the 1st & 2nd vision I ever had.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Leave a comment for me. I'll check to see what you thought. Thanks for caring.
God Bless

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Awesome, glad you are in fellowship with other believers. Glory to God, I was just hoping you werent fresh outa the JW's. Sitting in your room all alone trying to figure the whole thing out
. lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No, No.....I haven't been just sitting in my living room trying to figure it out. I left the JW's when I was 17. I'm 38 now. For about 7 years I was on the run away from anything that had to do with religion. Up to that point.... the JW's had ruined my life and I wanted nothing to do with anything, and since I knew nothing else regarding religion...... I RAN!!!!

When I was about 24, my husband tried to get me to go to church....for the kids. I went kicking and screaming every Sunday! LOL Or I would just plain try to get out of it..... I'd have a head ache.... or something like that....1000 excuses. Then God started softening my heart and preparing me to except Christ. I got saved, and then Baptised about a year later. So I've been saved for about 13 -14 years.

One interesting detail, when I did start studying the bible....yes I was so mixed between doctrines. One great thing God did for me, he wiped my mind clean. He allowed me to forget JW doctrine so that I could "LEARN" the truth. Then several years later, he allowed me to remember it again. So I spent sometime going over it and compairing it with scripture so I could see what was wrong with it.
All of my moms family are all still JW's. I think God di that too so that I could better put on my battle gear when dealing with them. My Spiritual Armour.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
There was a 'huge' hand coming from behind Satan,

Was this the huge illuminated hand? A hand large enough to hold a family. Looks like it is made of pure white energy?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just noticed your post. The hand was coming out from behinf satan. It looked like a hand....just like yours or mine but huge! The bright light was in front of Satan...and the hand was forcing him to his knee's to bow before the bright light. I hope that helps clarify??

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
im glad to see that there is other people at home who study and worship on there own terms. i am the same way. i was raised penecostal, there is a lot that i believe, then again there is some things that i dont. i take things from all religions and make it to where it makes sense to me. it seems that sometimes, some of the ways that "churches" preach , is more mans law and ways than gods. i still pray and talk to god and read the bible, i have my children pray, and i am working on my husband ( he is a total non believer, he thinks we came from aliens or darwins theory, whatever he thinks at the moment. he has no real root, so i am trying to help him. he did let me pray for him the other night though, which was a huge shocker.)
anyway, just wanted to say " hey" and wanted to see if you take from other religions as well? i know that god is right, but man and religion just went astray somehow..

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No I don't really take from other religions and incorporate it into my beliefs... but I do read things about other beliefs. I try my best to see if other things deny the bible, or weather they validate it... and I go from there...using the word of God as final authority.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I only want to say...

I have never been MORE proud of someone using one of my avatars then I am right now.

Just wanted to point that out. I have never had a vision, but I am a believer and love hearing of others.

Semper

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Semper.... Are you following me?? LOL Thanks for the nice comments...glad to hear you believe. How does the Av look?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Looks great on you jen

Semper

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You are very charming!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ok so im probably being very stupid but whats JW? ive never heard of it but then again i am 15 sooo. please enlighten me.

p.s I as a general rule for myself i dont go to church not out of hate for god i love god its just ive been forced to be a catholic myentire life so i avoid the church i still pray and have a copy of the bible next to my bed, just dun like churchs.

-the king

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
whats JW?

To answer your question, a JW is a Jehovahs Witness. I'm sure you've heard of them?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
ah ok that clarifys it thank you very much
sometimes the gears just dont turn

new topics

top topics

join