It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying and Fire-Breathing Dragons Proven Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A full mountain dragon body was found frozen inside a cave in the Carpathian Mountains of Eastern Europe, along with several frozen 15th century human warriors and swords!!

Her wingspan measured under 20 feet long, weighed about 900 pounds. Inside her they found storage sacs containing hydrogen gas. The scientists believe these hydrogen gas sacs allowed dragons to fly. At the back of her throat they found a fleshly valve, a flap that is very similar to crocodile's 'False Palate.' Crocodiles need a false palate to prevent water from flooding their lungs, and the scientists believe the dragons used their false palate to prevent a backdrop of fire scorching their lungs. This false palate suggests crocodiles and mountain dragons had a common aquatic ancestor.

She had large incisors, designed to rip flesh, but the scientists were surprised to find that she also had flat molars designed to grind. Pulverized sediment, powdered rock, was found on the surface enamels, with large traces of platinum. Mountain dragons were able to get platinum by consuming platinum deposits from mountains. Dragons used platinum as a catalyst to trigger their chemical ignition, the reaction of platinum with hydrogen ignites the hydrogen, the hydrogen combusts. Dragons were really able to breathe fire!!

The frozen humans found in the cave were charred to death. But the scientists found no carbonized residue, no sign of any exposure to intense heat inside the dragon's mouth, it does not appear as if she had ever breathed fire. Inside her body they found a fractured fragment of the tip of a sword that was found amongst the charred human warriors.

Subsequent scanning revealed that the dragon was a female, but they saw no evidence of folicular activity, the reproductive tract is immature, she was a baby dragon! So if she never breathed fire, that must mean her parents must have protected her. So the scientists went back to the cave and found a nest made of rocks with an intact egg that looks to be at least a foot long and half a foot wide. The eggshells have heat resistant properties that can withstand intensely high temperatures. The rocks were kept heated by fire, the eggs apparently required temperatures above 60 degrees for the embryos to survive. Because of the high temperature requirement and the estimated 30 day incubation period, it is believed that dragon couples took turns hunting while maintaining the eggs.

Echo scans revealed another chamber adjacent to the main cave, hidden behind a wall of ice. Inside they found the frozen adult dragon mother, along with frozen uncharred human warriors. Her hydrogen sac was empty, she was starving to death when she died in the final battle with the dragon slayers. This suggests that her daughter was killed months prior, and it also suggests that mountain dragons mourn their dead like elephants do because she refused to eat her daughter's flesh.

Female dragons reach maturity in 7 years, and is estimated that mountain dragons can live around 40 years. The frozen adult dragon mother was estimated to be around 23 years old.

Mountain dragons had a heat exchanging circulatory system, and a highly stratified layer of tissue under their scales helped minimize heat loss, and from her marine ancestors she inherited a blood protein similar to those found in polar fish which prevent the formation of ice crystals in the blood stream. They also discovered that mountain dragons hibernate.

The program is called 'Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real', and it aired on Animal Planet last night. I was able to record the last 50 minutes of the 60 minute program, and I can provide footage on Emule once I upload them into my computer. The footage is incredible, the dragon bodies were so well preserved by the ice, you can see everything, the teeth, the long wings, the beautiful green color of their scales.

d1k

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'd really love to believe this....you got a link to your source?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
hes speaking about the special animal planet did a few months ago. no dragon body was found the whole program was a hypothetical look at WHAT IF a dragon body was found, and what it would look like, and the insights it would give on the animal and its existence.

thats not a real story, it was one used to hype the special when it first came out.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This soudns a lot like a channel on the bbc whihc took the ever growing approach fo a docu-drama.
If this was real then plases upload fotage.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Agreed I would love to see a link or two to validate this...

d1k

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I got to the 5th paragrph and replied, guess I should have finished it. Or maybe change the title? It's a tad misleading.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by d1k]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You say you cought the last 50 minutes, but in the beginning they tell you that it isn't real. It's a hypothetical situation to describe how dragons could work. They haven't actually found the remains of a dragon.

If there were real dragons, we would have seen a skull or two kept as trophies. I'm sure a knight wouldn't let his victory go undocumented.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Someone probably needs to pop this into BTS, if they are going to keep it alive...

dicussion value on a hypothetical fantasy, isn't really ATS material

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yin_yang
hes speaking about the special animal planet did a few months ago. no dragon body was found the whole program was a hypothetical look at WHAT IF a dragon body was found, and what it would look like, and the insights it would give on the animal and its existence.

thats not a real story, it was one used to hype the special when it first came out.

Damn, you have no idea how dissapointed I am. I was completely convinced, the dragon carcass looked so real...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I to thought they were real when they started the show but at the VERY end of the show they show you that it's not real & they show you how they created the dragon which are completly computer animated (they did a very good job on them). but a interesting show none the less.

Falcon out...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I, like you, jumped in halfway and was like "WTF?" Is this real?
Then I ran in a little circle, got my family and friends to watch the last half hour or so and went to sleep thinking "I knew I wasn't crazy. Didn't I tell you tiny man who sleeps on the edge of my pillow?"

After hearing nothing on the net or even ATS about dragons being real I kept a vigilant look out for a repeat. When I finally found it, I watched again and went "Ooohh".

It was kind of a letdown, however it was fascinating nonetheless. It provided perfect evidence for the possibility of dragons.
They dealt with evolution and how so many different kinds of dragon were reported worldwide...right up to the heart rending extinction.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
again, the show was based upon the hypothetical idea that revolved around if a dragon remain was found...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this is awesome but i would like to see one or two links

peace out

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this is awesome but i would like to see one or two links

peace out

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
m.youtube.com... here is a link to a biography about this artical it matches perfictaly

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They did a similar one for Mermaids too, though not nearly as good as the dragon one.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HecticFlame22

allow me to embed that for you...
and then I am going to watch it.
I love dragons, and personally, I believe them to be real someplace.
Just not here.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Have you seen ancient Chinese long dragons?
It has a slender long body and a round bright orb at its mouth.
Guess what, they did not know better when they saw sky fireballs and UFOs with trailing smoke/cloud.

top topics

join