It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Call from Asteroid on July 3rd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentLucidity
1. Hubble offline.

The back-up cameras were online and transmitting as of the 1st or 2nd of July, I believe it was the 1st. In either case, functioning well before this reference to it.

NN

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So, can we view it? Is it possible to see it? When I walked out my front door, the Halle Bopp Comet was right in front of me! How cool it was to view it! Where would it be located, in the night sky?

DSO

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I guess we are all safe, for now. The asteroid passed by without incident, however, it sould be interesting to note that this asteroid is supposed to have more encounters with us this century.

www.ctv.ca...

We really need to work on planetary defence mechanisms for the prevention of major impacts.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
So, can we view it? Is it possible to see it? When I walked out my front door, the Halle Bopp Comet was right in front of me! How cool it was to view it! Where would it be located, in the night sky?

Read back to last page post id: [2310108] Tells you what you need to see it.

And yes it will come back as its orbit does intersect ours. I believe there are around 750 or so floating out there that have been identified as possible threats.

And no the Illuminati do not have control of the asteroids
Shheeessh

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
DSO

Thank you very much for answering my question.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Shheeessh
so then, they are not to blame for this one? Wow- incredible.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
oh No, Did I miss it? They are really cool to watch... especially if its as close as the moon...but much much smaller of coarse.

I am on the EAST COAST its 3:08 PM here... when can i see it???

I remember that "The Bible Codes" predicted 2 Comet impacts around this time, right after the turn of the new millenia...I wonder how long those in the know, have known about this???

We Need a Earth Shield Not - Now, but - RIGHT NOW!

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I am on the EAST COAST its 3:08 PM here... when can i see it???

It was last night, around 12:30AM for the east coast.

But it was also stated that at least an 8" telescope and away from any metro areas for viewing.

NN

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Asteroid (2006 KM89) is coming close too, no?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Read back to last page post id: [2310108] Tells you what you need to see it.

And yes it will come back as its orbit does intersect ours. I believe there are around 750 or so floating out there that have been identified as possible threats.

Shheeessh

that's not what i said. try rereading it.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

1. Hubble offline.

Yeah, from a camera error. It's happened before, but the usual ways of fixing it haven't been working. It's not like your standard digital camera, you know? It can't just undergo a soft reset and it's all better - it takes time and troubleshooting. Also, it's just one of the many cameras on the telescope that are down, so that alone kind of ruins that point of yours.

2. NASA tenaciously trying to launch shuttle despite grave engineering concerns.

Because they need to take supplies, crew, components, etc to the ISS. Aside from that, they're always frantic to launch anything, just even more so for the Shuttle.

3. Rumors of Israel notifying NASA that a double asteroid is heading our way.

Rumors? So it must be fact! Do you have anything to substantiate these rumors, or do they not even have something like that behind them?

4. N. Korea ready to launch a missile.

That's been going on, in some form or another, for the past few months.

5. Illuminati agenda exposed in 2004: Propogate hoax that asteroid is about to impact or is threatening Earth.

So what about all the other impact hoaxes we've had in the past two years? Four come to mind right offhand, but none of them really got mainstream, just stayed amongst us conspiracy folk. Don't you think the supposed Illuminati would have more sway than that?

6. Air Force installation in Colorado Springs and one near Denver are operating with heightened security.

The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, which houses NORAD, is now at "Bravo-Plus".

There are five levels of alert: normal, Alpha (low), Bravo (medium), Charlie (high) and Delta (critical). Bravo-Plus is slightly higher than a medium threat level.

Well, it is 4th of July weekend, so maybe that has something to do with it, no? I mean, the time of national celebration would be a crushing time for terrorist attacks to happen right?

Aside from that, it's in the midrange of alert status, going by what you're saying. That, to me, sounds kind of normal. If it isn't what alert status do these installations normally operate at? Do you have anything to back that up?

The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station And Buckley Air Force Base are among four installations in the country at the higher alert level ordered last week by then- Acting-Commander of Air Force Space Command, General Fred Klotz.

Space Command would not comment on the reason for the security increase.

The order also affects Vandenberg Air Force Base in California and Patrick Air Force Base in Florida.

Hmm... A security raise in places that work to support the Shuttle on its launch date and while it's aloft. That is pretty weird! I mean, I think they would just let anyone in to check on how things are going, push some buttons, pull some levers, or damage some infrastructure!

Originally posted by dgtempe
I need to know if i should cook supper or not.

So, despite all the other scares we've had like this and all the information that myself an others have provided against an impact you're still buying into it? I'm kind of disappointed, actually... :shk:

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
oh No, Did I miss it? They are really cool to watch... especially if its as close as the moon...but much much smaller of coarse... when can i see it???

You'll need a pretty decent telescope and clear skies. Try finding an astronomy club or university near you, as they may have some scopes trained on it. Otherwise, you won't be able to see it at all.

Asteroid (2006 KM89) is coming close too, no?

Nothing like ignoring the important parts, eh?

The applet was implemented using only 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances.

EDIT: Stupid italics...

[edit on 7/3/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

apc

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
so are there any pictures of this thing as it went by?

I cant find a single current photo of the rock. I imagine it would be an insignificant dot, but a dot is something to look at.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by apc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join