It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relaxation meditiation, is this the normal result?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Last night I was attempting a relaxation meditation technique I read online. I was laying flat on my back with my hands palms down against my thighs. After telling myself that certain parts of my body were relaxing and that my entire body was relaxed *I started with my feet and worked up*, my whole body began to feel very warm, like I was actually feeling my body's energy. It also felt as though there was some sort of force holding my body in the position I was in, I couldn't make myself move until I quit paying attention only to my breating and opened my eyes. Is this the way I should have felt, or is this not normal?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When I meditate, this happens to me too, I think it is normal.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok, I was just curious. I've also noticed that since I've started, it doesn't take nearly as long to reach my meditative state. It used to take around 5 minutes or so, last night it was well under 30 seconds.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think the experience is slightly different for every person. For instance, I used to get warmth in my belly, my lower back and my head.

This seems a little odd: "some sort of force holding my body in the position I was in" I've read many books and they never mentioned an outside force holding you in position. Though I wouldn't suspect demons or anything, just make sure you feel safe and all that.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I didn't sense another presence in the room with me, so I seriously doubt it was demons or anything like that. I did feel perfectly safe, but it was a new sensation, something I never encountered before.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sounds like a feeling that could be defined as "normal". Don't worry about it. As long as you feel safe, you'll be fine; but once you let fear creep in, then you'll have plenty to worry about.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This actually sounds like an out of body experience(OBE) which *can* result in deep meditation.You can fall asleep during meditation
and you can OBE. I wouldn't worry or think it's something dangerous..just go with it and enjoy!!
Magestica

top topics

join