It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Catches Congressman Taking $100,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Ya, the republicans and dems agree about something, must be the end of the world!!!

of course what they are agreeing on is that they should be above the law, like our dear president, so maybe it isn't so much the end, but rather the beginning...of a nice new authoritarian government in the states....

can someone explain to me how this was upsetting the balance of powers, I just ain't getting that one. IF the FBI was investigating a crime and it led the to the White house, I'd expect them to be allowed to search that also.

oh, by the way, dear congressmen and and representatives...what happened to that now famous line.....But, if you have nothing to hide.....

can they now send the capitol police over to the white house to search next time they want information and the president refuses them?

Who does search the white house, if there's reasonble cause to believe something criminal is going on there if the FBI is part of the executive branch? can't search itself, can it???

We need a new law enforcement agency, one to enforce the laws onto our elected representatives???

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Dawnstar, they are trying to warp the intent of the constitution to their own means. There is a provision whereby they are immune to arrest while they are performing their duties; i.e., on the floor participating in a vote, but they want to extend that to say that their offices are immune to search. I say, bullcrap!

"They", btw, refers to representatives and senators.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Look on the bright side- Its only thousands! Lets look for the missing billions missing during this administration, shall we???

na na na na na na....... I only said that because right away someone jumps in saying Dems are the biggest thieves (paraphrasing)

Not So!!! Ali BABA is alive and well.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
With all due respect, nations are different and you could easily look up the list of nations rated as corruption goes. Believe it or not, there are some really "clean" places out there.

No worries, we are just talking; but would like you to name some of these countries you talk about. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
well, the next time some anthrax, or a bomb threat happens in their offices, well, let's just refuse to search!!!

they think they are above the law......like the president, or at least that's how I read your response. they can do whatever they like while in office and be immune to prosecution. acceopting bribes isn't performing the duties of congress!! their argument stinks. they're all about to be replaced by the american people because we have no faith in them, and well, them arguing this point will only serve to make us all more unhappy with them...

they spend like there's no tomorrow, they act like there's no tomorrow, are you sure there's gonna be a tomorrow?? obviously, they've made a big enough mess out of things, they don't want to be in office tomorrow, or at least after the next election.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Politician accused of coruption? And the Sun rises in the morning...Big deal!

Democrat? Sad, but again, not shocking.

Although you have to admit the Dems just don't seem to be able to pull off corruption with the same scale and panche of their Republican brethern. Perhaps practice will improve their performance; 2008 isn't too far off!

No, what I find fascinating, stunning even, is the fact that Republicans! are rising to, if not this congressman's defense, at least in vocal opposition to the methods employed by the FBI and the Justice Department against him!

www.comcast.net... x.jsp?cat=POLITICS&fn=/2006/05/23/398686.html&cvqh=itn_speaker

Think of it! The Republican Speaker of the House complaining the the President of the United States, leader of his own party, about the treatment of a Democratic congressman...in an election year!

I'm reeling!

On the other hand, do you think maybe Hastert is worried about who's door may get the next knock in the night?

OK, I know quoting myself is tacky. But sometimes ...

"On the other hand, do you think maybe Hastert is worried about who's door may get the next knock in the night?"

And not 24 hours later ABC news breaks the following;

blogs.abcnews.com...

Madam Bhadhidar sees all, knows all, and for a hefty price, will tell a bit! Available for parties!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh yes, the hand of Abramoff reaches all the corrupted. Well, Hastert is probably scared out of his pants while trying to deny this story. And in the halls of the Fourth estate, when a politician or dignitary denies a rumor...it is true.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
Why, XPhilesPhan, I didn't know you cared. How does it feel to play the "race card"?

Btw, if the man was caught red handed, he should be prosecuted.

No, I dont care and think special considerations on anything that has to due with race,whether its getting better opportunities and being admited to college, or receiving government funding for schooling just perpetuates race being an issue.

in other words, affirmative action needs to be done away with.....that is truly a racist policy.

yes, he sould be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

do I think he will be? probably not, and I cant help but think that perhaps he was/is a fall guy for some bigger scam, he probably wont talk about it out of fear of prosecution, so whatever the big picture is will never be revealed. (FBI just dont pick you at random for a sting) and some bigger fat cat mastermind just got away with it.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
All I can say is that we have to wait until all the evidence is out. I'm sure this story has a lot of legs to it. And they have yet to begin to run the marathon.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Madam Bhadhidar sees all, knows all, and for a hefty price, will tell a bit! Available for parties!

Good call!

PS: How much do you charge for winning lottery numbers?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Good call!

PS: How much do you charge for winning lottery numbers?

Special! This Week Only! (Last week's) WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS!!!!

Just $99.95!!! (Please send check or money order with a copy of yesterday's newspaper)

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Bhadhidar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join