It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucian Societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ok, so there are a lot of different societies in existence today claiming to be Rosicrucian, yet having no affiliation with one another. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what the deal is with all the different Rosicrucian societies that are around now. Specifically, are there any major differences between them?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Were you looking to join one of them? They all seem very interesting but are strictly online mystery schools so it seems. No local lodges and a few confrences per year that I have seen.

Well the only main ones I have seen are:

www.rosicrucian.org...
and
www.rosicrucian-order.com...

both seem to be only an online membership the second however is located in Spain open to US members. The US based one seems to be most accurate. I also have seen the US (Ca.) referenced on documentries.

From Wiki:
During the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, various groups styled themselves Rosicrucian. Almost all claimed to be authentic heirs to a historical Rosicrucian tradition. These include the Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis (AMORC), the Confraternity of the Rose Cross (CR+C), Fraternitas Rosae Crucis, the Rosicrucian Order Crotona Fellowship, Societas Rosicruciana, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia and the recently formed Sodalitas Rosae Crucis et Solis Alati.

The diverse groups who link themselves to a "Rosicrucian Tradition" can be divided into two categories: esoteric Christian groups, which profess Christianity, and para-Masonic groups. There has never been any connection between these two streams.

-
The grand lodges complete list:
www.amorc.org...

Also in that huge 3 hr video in another thread his a bit on the Rosicrucians and I believe it mentioned the first lodge was in Philadelphia.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the info genroman. I know that AMORC has a place called Rosicrucian Park in San Jose with a library, museum, and planetarium, but like you said it seems that most of these societies operate mainly over the internet and send out material to members. I was interested to hear about the two main branches (Mystic Christian and Para-Masonic) existing in Rosicrucian societies. Thanks again for the reply and any more info anyone has would be appreciated!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i'm not sure about the Rosicrucians all to much, i've just recently began exploring them myself after a brother asked me to do alittle research of my own and sit down and "talk" sometime.

So far what if found is that it's an invitation only order, and it's very masonic (all thought i haven't found the exact TIES it has to masonry yet), and that it's Christian and has alot of mystic stuff.

I know there's not alot of info, but i've only started research an hour ago at most.

The way it was described to me by this brother is "the smoking room or the masonic lodge." so that's the best i know so far. sorry i cant be of more help.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Unwolves, you are probably referring to the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, which has Colleges in the US, Canada, England, and Scotland. The Order has nine degrees, and membership is invitation only. To be invited, one must be a regular Master Mason in good standing and a Trinitarian Christian.

High Council of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of the United States

Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England

Masonic Rosicrucian Society of Canada

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
oooooh alright, well what are the normal rosicrucian's then? and how are they different from the masonic rosicrucian society?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
oooooh alright, well what are the normal rosicrucian's then? and how are they different from the masonic rosicrucian society?

Hmmm...I'm not sure about "normal" ones. There are a lot of self-proclaimed "Rosicrucian" organizations outside of Masonry, but their authenticity could be questioned (as far as that goes, the authenticity of the Masonic Rosicrucians could be questioned too, but I still think we're the closest to the "real thing" if the "real thing" actually existed).

Examples of non-Masonic Rosicrucian Societies are Ancient Mystical Order of Rosae Crucis, Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Confraternity of the Rose Cross, and, at least theoretically, the Ordo Templi Orientis, although it could be argued that this latter body has largely replaced orthodox Rosicrucianism with other elements, such as modern forms of Gnosticism.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ive been to the Rosicrucian Park. Its in my hometown. Its a really fascinating place. The museum is a real trip.

AMORC is the only Rosicrician sect I am familiar with.

new topics

top topics

join