It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah Projection=Iraqi Surrender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hey all, I am a new member and this is my first post so please bear with me.

I am very intrigued by a video I have seen lately on YouTube. It is entitled Touchscreen Computer Display Floats in Mid-Air. It can be found here... www.youtube.com...

Anyway, I was browsing the comments on the bottom of the page and found one that said, "I would imagine air that is heated. Its the same principle that the army wanted to use to project an image of allah telling the iraqis to give up."

This is the first time I have heard of a heated air light-projection being used. In principle, I think that any large scale projection of "allah" would scare the crap out of the insurgents. It would scare the crap out of me and I know better, so imagine the impact it would have on devout Muslims. It would perhaps be seen as unethical, and it is possible that the backlash from it would be severe. Look at the riots that happened after the Muhammed cartoon was published.

Does anyone know anything else about this topic? Is something like a large scale version of that technology even available/possible? I think it could work; I mean it is obviously possible to do it on the small-scale. What do you guys think?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
But how would they decide what Allah is supposed to look like?

I've heard of this "trick" being done before on the small scale. Not with projection, but with real people:
They knock out some poor fellow, bring him unconcious to some pretty fields or garden. When he wakes up he's got dozens of "slaves" feeding him, playing with him, etc. Then "Allah" walks up and says "I've got a mission for you. I'll send you back to life, where you've got to kill this person. Then, you'll be returned here to enjoy the full effect of 'paradise'". The guy is made unconcious again and set back to where he was picked up from.

new topics

join