It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
so, i'm trying to get some info about the O.T.O. religion; but even more important i would like to hear some opinion about it.
I have met some people related with O.T.O. (i even dated a girl trying to get into it) and as far as i know they seem to like power in a very disturbing way and they try to get people into scary stuff like dark magic and other stuff.

something else, what do you thing of magic rituals involving drugs such as acid, i know it's pretty common, but i do not know the purpose of using them.

i am sorry about my english, i'm a spanish native speaker so english is sorta difficult for me.
is there any other need for power but opression and hunger for power itself?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
www.oto-usa.org...

I remember reading a huge post a while ago about OTO and they were going on and on about sex magic and a bunch of unorthadox type craft. I would pick Ros or FM for any sort of enlightenment. As far as dark magic I am not sure of their rituals if any to be able to comment on that.

Drugs date back quite a while for ritual use. I guess the theory is opening that connection to other things unknown.

What state are you from? If the bit about power as you mention or sex magic holds true I would warn that girl you mentioned. A bad element of Occult can be very crafty on people's minds for self gain.

Originally posted by obzkured
so, i'm trying to get some info about the O.T.O. religion; but even more important i would like to hear some opinion about it.
I have met some people related with O.T.O. (i even dated a girl trying to get into it) and as far as i know they seem to like power in a very disturbing way and they try to get people into scary stuff like dark magic and other stuff.

something else, what do you thing of magic rituals involving drugs such as acid, i know it's pretty common, but i do not know the purpose of using them.

i am sorry about my english, i'm a spanish native speaker so english is sorta difficult for me.
is there any other need for power but opression and hunger for power itself?

Cug

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by obzkured

The religion of the O.T.O. is Thelema. Wikipedia has a good overview of it.

Like power? what do you mean? One of the the main goals of a Thelemite is to find what their true Will is and then do it. A Christian might think of Thelema as "dark" but that is more because Thelema is VERY diffrent that Christianity and a bit holstile towards it.

Traditionally the purpose of using drugs like '___' is to bring about altered states of consciousness, in which one is able to see god or receive visions. The problem with that is it's hard to differentiate between what is magick and what is just from the drugs. In Thelema drugs are not used that much nowdays (As opposed to the 70's) but people still may do it.

[edit on 5/22/2006 by Cug]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OTO

I'd be careful on basing your opinion of an entire religion upon an ex-girlfriend who wanted to get into it. How would she know what its about, really? OTO is an occultic group. The Occult is, today, associated with negativity, but it used to be more accepted and understood as a system, not something that is allways evil. OTO is a pseduo-philosophical group and the system seems to make lots of use of esoteric concepts and ideas.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have never heard of the OTO before but NYGDAN prompted me to look them up and I found this little quote from gaiaguys.com

It is unwise to condemn the practice of savages who tear the heart and liver from an adversary and consume them while warm
WTH kinda group are they?

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Burnt Offering]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
I have never heard of the OTO before but NYGDAN prompted me to look them up and I found this little quote from gaiaguys.com

It is unwise to condemn the practice of savages who tear the heart and liver from an adversary and consume them while warm
WTH kinda group are they?

Apparently, at least according to gaiaguys, they're Aztecs!

new topics

top topics

join