It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You gonna be raised?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am curious when one is raised within masonry what is the message about this ritual?

I have seen some outlook about it as this. king solomon raised hiram abiff from the dead. On this view it was looked at (by a mason) as anyone in depth with the mysteries can raise the dead thus making Jesus just a man familar with the mysteries. What is your view on this and what is the general view within masonry?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I would have to say its the first I've heard about being able to raise the dead....

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not saying it is or was taught but as in the ritual it self when a mason is raised. I believe 3rd degree master mason? The point of the post is what and why does the ritual of this degree suppose to convey? I know the fact each degree to each person they learn one or another thing but the gemeral message of each ritual holds a general message correct?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 32genroman
I am curious when one is raised within masonry what is the message about this ritual?

I have seen some outlook about it as this. king solomon raised hiram abiff from the dead. On this view it was looked at (by a mason) as anyone in depth with the mysteries can raise the dead thus making Jesus just a man familar with the mysteries. What is your view on this and what is the general view within masonry?

You need to brush up on your knowledge of Masonic ritual... because what you just described is most definitely not in the 3rd degree.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I have seen some outlook about it as this. king solomon raised hiram abiff from the dead.

Nowhere in any ritual is it said that Solomon raised Hiram from the dead. Instead, in the legend, Hiram's body is exhumed from the unmarked grave that was dug by his murderers, and is reburied with honors in Jerusalem.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sorry I don't know what I was thinking of. I prob read some bad info somewhere.

Ok how about this. When a Mason or soon-t-be MAson says they are gonna be raised tonight is this in reference to a particular degree? If so which one and why is it called "being raised".

So there is no story ever about Hiram getting killed and king solomon bringing him back to life? Anything along the lines?

Also I listened to I belive Chuck Missler radio show and I remember them saying king solomon in his late years got deeply invoved with the occult. Is this true? Is this stated in the torah or other biblical texts? Sometimes I have to question what I hear if I listen to a zealot or near zealot like show as so manytimes they have speculated with absolute no fact.

Thanks again for all the replies much appreciated.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
being raised...is not a mystical term...just read it literally, and u get its meaning.

RAISING one degree UP. i.e. u get raised from 1st to 2nd, and u get raised from 2nd to 3rd LOL...trying to make something out of nothing.

ya, and hiram abiff wasnt raised from the dead, he was only respectfully reburied in a location befit his station. im not breaking any laws here, because u can find this info anywhere, but the ritual in whole for me, personally meant, witnessing the death of my normal, self absorbed, ignorant, and selfish life, and being reborn into the world of the spiritual, moral high ground, selfless love, duty, and honor.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Either way there is a rite in masonry where a person is raised from the dead. The profane interpretation of this might simply be that the person is being properly interred and thus respected, but I'd think that the christians who made this ritual had a little more in mind than that. From what I understand, many of the rituals emphasis the physical ressurection of the body from the state of death. And the usage of "widow's son", while I am not specifically familiar with its context and while it does[//i] seem to be a common mythic theme, also seems like a pretty good 'code word' for jesus, since he 'had no father'.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Sorry I don't know what I was thinking of. I prob read some bad info somewhere.

Ok how about this. When a Mason or soon-t-be MAson says they are gonna be raised tonight is this in reference to a particular degree? If so which one and why is it called "being raised".

So there is no story ever about Hiram getting killed and king solomon bringing him back to life? Anything along the lines?

Being "raised" is the technical term for receiving the degree of Master Mason, or Third Degree. However, in the Legend, Hiram is not restored to life when he is raised. His body was raised so it could be reburied in Jerusalem.

For example, the 4° of the Scottish Rite and Mark Master degree of the York Rite (which are the first degrees of those systems respectively, that one receives after Master Mason) occur after the Master Mason degree has already transpired. In these degrees, Hiram has already been raised from his original grave, but he's still dead as doornail, and has been reburied. In the 4°, the Lodge is draped in black curtains strewn with silver tears which symbolize grief. A resurrected Hiram does not appear in any of the degrees, and nowhere in the ritual does it claim he was resurrected when raised.

Also I listened to I belive Chuck Missler radio show and I remember them saying king solomon in his late years got deeply invoved with the occult. Is this true? Is this stated in the torah or other biblical texts? Sometimes I have to question what I hear if I listen to a zealot or near zealot like show as so manytimes they have speculated with absolute no fact.

I don't know about the occult, but Solomon, due to the influence of his many heathen wives, eventually began worshiping the idols of the surrounding nations. However, as an old man, he seems to have corrected his ways (see Ecclesiastes, supposedly written by Solomon as an old man).

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Either way there is a rite in masonry where a person is raised from the dead.

Hiram is never portrayed as regaining life. Raised from the grave maybe.
this is no different than when Native American remains are unburied and taken
to museums or research facilities. They are never refered to as being "raised from the dead." Heaven for fend bring an Indian back to life? Unthinkable.

new topics

top topics

join