It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Weapon Equal to Influence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is my belief that the USA became the first World superpower in WWII with the invention of the Atomic Bomb. With the invention of communication lines (the "message") between nations and greater transportation means, it probably was indeterminate who, if any, was the world's superpower before WWII.

The fear of death in us all probably dictates what influences all; history indicates this is frequently from weaponry.

What would a policeman or policewoman be without carrying a weapon? What would a policecountry be without carrying a weapon?

Doctors might indicate that statistcally more people die from a disease than a weapon. But is an infectious disease caused by a microbe or chemical imbalance a disease or a weapon?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ailments of the human body, if delibrately released, could be termed as weapons, because a weapon is any instrument that can be used for attack and defense.

But your average influenzia, peritonitis and malaria could hardly be called weapons. Heck, I had Hep A a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the subject of an attack because of it.

[edit on 21/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
People don't fear the weapon, they fear the owner and his will to use it.

Case in point - No one is scared that France has nuclear weapons - but people are TERRIFIED at the prospect of an insane regime such as that in Iran obtaining such weapons.

Therefore, we are not afraid of the weapon, but the person who possesses it. QED

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Winchester Ranger T, I believe people fear the combination of the weapon and the people that might use it. Only through the combination of the pictures of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and great leadership among certain people in the USA can we say that we are the only World's superpower.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
What would a policeman or policewoman be without carrying a weapon? What would a policecountry be without carrying a weapon?
They'd be in UK?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How much Influence does the "weaponless" UK have?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I thought the same thing when I read the unarmed police comment, but the UK police carry Mace/Pepper Spray and Side Handled Batons - so they are not truly unarmed, just under-armed.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
It is my belief that the USA became the first World superpower in WWII with the invention of the Atomic Bomb. With the invention of communication lines (the "message") between nations and greater transportation means, it probably was indeterminate who, if any, was the world's superpower before WWII.

The fear of death in us all probably dictates what influences all; history indicates this is frequently from weaponry.

Doctors might indicate that statistcally more people die from a disease than a weapon. But is an infectious disease caused by a microbe or chemical imbalance a disease or a weapon?

Just as much harm can be done with money, the people with money control everything...

new topics

top topics

join