It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons must choose lodge or church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...
The Sydney Anglican Synod has called on all Christian members of Masonic lodges to withdraw their membership and for church facilities not to be used for activities linked with Freemasonry.
The motion said that Freemasonry and Christianity were "fundamentally and irreconcilability incompatible" and that Freemasonry "teaches and upholds a system of false religious and spiritual beliefs that are contrary to biblical Christianity".
Another speaker drew parallels between Freemasonry and witchcraft.

I thought that there was not a correlation between Masonic practices and religion?
I wonder why now they are concerned with the actions of masonic members.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bumping this because it is relevant to recent discussion. They touch on a lot of key points which would make the two incompatible. This would also explain why Christianity is attacked so much. I always wonder why it seems like the only religion that is "ok" or "cool" to attack is Christianity. Boggles my mind!

So nice to find gem articles like these in the backlogs, especially when it's like exactly what I've been looking for.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GardenParty

You don't consider Christian allegations witchcraft an attack? Considering Christianity's history of witch hunting?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wow this was interesting, I kinda always wondered about that..

Also interesting that it's from 2003.

I wonder how this transpired..?

Nice find!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Don't worry, I treat all fanatics the same way regardless of religious ideology. I always have.

I find it funny that the Freemasons can have all sorts of filthy names and allegations thrown at us, but any defense is seen as an attack.

When I wish to go to church I go to church, but Freemasonry is not what stops me from going, it's the fanatics that do.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Don't worry, I treat all fanatics the same way regardless of religious ideology. I always have.

I find it funny that the Freemasons can have all sorts of filthy names and allegations thrown at us, but any defense is seen as an attack.

When I wish to go to church I go to church, but Freemasonry is not what stops me from going, it's the fanatics that do.

And we see the same method used yet again... those pesky "fanatics". Funny that it is those 'fanatics' and 'fundamentalists' who are the only ones who happen to know that their fellow Christian brethren who profess Freemasonry are the ones who have chosen to deny the only name given under Heaven by which men are to be saved. KSig - be honest with yourself. You are a self professed Christian who would rather believe Freemasonry teachings that state that all religions actually worship the same 'god', despite the clear and unequivocal scripture that states that they actually worship idols and demons. If Freemasons were honest about this, then their attacks against Christians would be transparent - it would be obvious that they have accepted another gospel message than the one preached to us. But they won't because they seek to unite all the religions together under one 'god' - "the lie" that is coming soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I'm not saying every anti or non-Mason is a fanatic, just the ones who act the part. I call them as I see them, and I known fanatical Christians. My cousin (as I said in ND's thread) is one; I posted an innocent quote from Futurama and she flipped out on me, thank God it was only on Facebook and I deleted her response.

How do you presume to speak for other men? I have never denied Christ. In fact, to do so would violate my vows as a Knight (me being a member of the Red Cross of Constantine, a Knight of the Order of York, and a Sir Knight of the Order of the Temple (Masonic Templars)).

I am a Christian and a Mason, yes, but nowhere do we say that we worship the same 'god'.

The Scriptures are not solely perfect though, they have been translated, re-translated, and edited over the centuries. There are many books that were left out of the Scriptures. Many things such as Hell are based off of such literary works such as Dantes Inferno. I am a strong Christian, but I hold my faith from my own heart, not what some men say; this is one reason I don't go to church very often.

My attacks are not against "christians" it is against fanatics and militants. I have always been this, none of my amazing personality was grown from joining the Freemasons, this was something I honed on my own.

top topics

join