It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Governor Pardons Entire Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The Kentucky Supreme Court on Thursday invalidated a string of indictments charging members of Gov. Ernie Fletcher's administration with rewarding political supporters with state jobs, leaving only the misdemeanor counts against the governor himself.

Fletcher had pardoned his entire administration _ other than himself _ for any charges that could result from a probe into allegations of hiring misconduct.

The state's high court said Thursday that Fletcher had the authority to issue the blanket pardon, something prosecutors had questioned.

More at source

The arrogance, and depth of corruption is astounding. How do the people stand up to it when the different branches of the government stick up for eachother? I expect to see something similar towards the end of Bushs term, if there is an end....

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
hey don't forget smary boy clinton did this very same thing at the end of his term in office, and major major criminals went scott free into the night....

There all at it, and the sooner we all realise this world wide the sooner the fight back can begin!

Viva the people revolution!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
hey don't forget smary boy clinton did this very same thing at the end of his term in office, and major major criminals went scott free into the night....

Ummm.....I hate to come to the defense of Slick Willie Clinton, but he wasn't the one that dished out the blanket pardons, it was his predecessor George H. W. Bush that pulled that little trick. The people pardoned hadn't even been indicted yet, which was a first as far as anyone could tell.

I'll see if I can find some links to this cause the memory of this old man isn't all it used to be.

wupy

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
bush 41 pardoned all those conncted with iran contra, there by saving his own but. "i was not in the loop", yeah right, the vp and the former head of the cia not knowing what is going on. if old ronnie died on us while in office, do you really think that george would be in the seat and get blin sided?

as to clinton, he pardoned a rich man who was on the run for wall street crimes. sure this was gross, but not any more so that this example on discussion.

our current chimp in chief issued pardons to people that were for crime that were comitted years ago. funny how they were in freindly sates or states that were in the balance.

new topics

top topics

join