It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Official States Iran Will Be Hit with Missles In Coming Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

WASHINGTON: Israel will strike Iran’s nuclear facilities in the next “month or two or three,” an Israeli official has been quoted here as saying.

The unnamed official told Arnaud de Borchgrave, editor-in-chief of the United Press International (UPI), at the recently held national day reception at the Israeli Embassy that he believed Israel would strike Iran first in the next two or three months and that fighter bombers would not be involved as they had been to take out Iraq’s Osirak nuclear reactor before it went critical in 1981. For Osirak, Israel had used 14 F-15s and F-16s. This time, the Israeli said, it would be missiles. Asked if Israel would employ Cruise missiles, he replied, “with a gesture of his hand that went up and down again”, which meant that it would be the weapon of choice.

Asked if tunnel entrances to widely scattered Iranian nuclear facilities would be targeted, he responded that Israel had its own geo-stationary spy-in-the-sky satellite taking constant pictures of Iran with a resolution down to 70 centimetres. “We know far more than anyone realises,” he added.

Daily Times (Pakistan)

Well Here they go again. I assume these reports are an attempt to provoke an attack from Iran first, because as we all know some unnamed Israeli official has claimed time and time again that they will strike Iran in a few months, for at least the past two years. They have supposedly gathered many photos of the targeted sites down to a resolution of 70 cm. The fact they claim they will launch missles shows they are definetly afraid they will lose some jets.

Thankfully I am sure Iran will not be provoked into agression with these repetetive assertions of pre-emptive strikes. Another thing that is good to note is that Iran does have its own Spy Satellite in the Sky, so hopefulyl they will be able to detect the launch and prevent the strike from succeeding, and maybe have the deceny to not strike back for the sake of regional peace.

[edit on 5/21/2006 by DYepes]

[edit on 5/21/2006 by DYepes]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You can't be serious...Ahmadinejad says he's going to wipe Israel off the map and you hope Iran's spy in the sky (which will be toast), can disrupt any pre-emptive strike.

I guess it's okay then for rogue nations who refuse to follow the guidelines set forth by the IAEA to have nuclear arms?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Look buddy the fact of the matter is Iran has not attacked anyone yet, and therefore should not be attacked. You will be sitting here ten years from now still talking about Iran using the same old "they threatened to wipe Israel off the map" excuse and they will have never even fired a shot, yet you will probably still trying to be justifying a pre-emptive strike.

Any attack against Iran will be an illegal one unless they have directly attacked another nation. Its that simple. If you own a gun and your neighbor saw you have an arguement with your wife one day, would you like it if he or the police pre-emptively attacked you on the grounds they believe you are a threat and may one day shoot your wife or kids? Or even just the fact that someone owns a firearm?

Words are just words. Action is a whole different ball game. If Israel is stupid enough to attack Iran pre-emptiveley, I would be satisfied to see the Earth rid of the fools.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by signsI guess it's okay then for rogue nations who refuse to follow the guidelines set forth by the IAEA to have nuclear arms?

Versus Israel circumventing the IAEA by refusing to sign the NPT and developing nuclear weapons anyway?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't blame Isreal,Iran has already said that Isreal should be wiped off the map.If Castro said he would like to see the U.S destroyed and then a couple weeks later say he wants to develope Nuclear technology, I doubt the U.S would wait until after they have developed it to attack Cuba.

Just imagine if Isreal didn't take out Iraq's nuclear reactor back in 1981,the 1st Gulf war would of ended with millions dead.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey North Korea openly stated and threatened to use their verified nuclear weapons a few years ago. OMG! The south and Japan are not burning in a sea of fire.... But I bet you wish they were signs
Would give you a reason to go to war I am sure.

Fact of the matter is that Nuclear weapons are merely a tool for a nation to use in negotiations. It is a way to not be bullied militarily, although It does not help too much against economic attacks. Nobody wants to see expensive Carrier Groups and/or whole infantry divisions go up in flames.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just another reason to ship more weapons and equipment to Israel. If Iran were to attack them, I'd bet on Israel coming out on top.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Hey North Korea openly stated and threatened to use their verified nuclear weapons a few years ago. OMG! The south and Japan are not burning in a sea of fire.... But I bet you wish they were signs
Would give you a reason to go to war I am sure.

Fact of the matter is that Nuclear weapons are merely a tool for a nation to use in negotiations. It is a way to not be bullied militarily, although It does not help too much against economic attacks. Nobody wants to see expensive Carrier Groups and/or whole infantry divisions go up in flames.

Oh yeah some tool for negotiation 23million people and 9million people starving to death ,it's working well for them.In 1998 it test-fired a long-range missile over Japanese territory,not even ten years later it has Nuclear weapons...the world is a much safer place now.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yea they have not have their nation invaded and occupied, much less physically attacked at all. I did not say it was going to solve hunger or their economy, as a fact I mentioned that it would still leave them open to those economic attacks. I only stated having a nuclear weapon will prevent your nation from being physically attacked.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
dyepes,

really man think about it.

If I walked up to you with a gun, held it to your head and said im going to blow the crap out of you..

that to me is a pretty good reason to stick my 6" blade into the guys head.

are you WAITING for Iran to wipe israel of the map before saying

'' yep ok, its now ok to hit them ''

there's something not right.

Why would they come out and say we are going to hit you..

Its like a burglar saying

in 3 weeks im going to rob you..

I thnk its a sign, to the international governments who are in the loop.

It will be VERY interesting this next 5 working days,
the Israeli dood visiting washington, at the same time israel declaring Iran are MONTHS away from a bomb... with all the Israeli turmoil occuring in terms of Hammas, the Iraqi civil war taking full flight....

the crap is starting to oooozzzeee out of the cup, and into the entire region,

think,
Israel said Iran are months away from a bomb.
yet
have just said they will HIT iran in the next few months.

why are they waiting, why are they cutting it so fine?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Check out the credentials of the head of UPI Mr Arnaud de Borchgrave:

en.wikipedia.org...

or what he has to say about all this:

www.newsmax.com...

Looks like he might have a hidden agenda or two and a regular pay check from Mossad!

I'd be putting my money on a strike sooner rather than later - for sure his comments are aimed at informing the global anti-Iran leaders about the attack. Lets wait and see...

And nuclear deterrence is an inherently insane and irrational strategic approach and cannot be justified on any grounds!!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Bottom line America has nothing to worry about in Iran, the Jewish people have been nearly eradicated twice. They dont play around and I can guarentee you they wouldent think twice about pulling the trigger on Iran even if it ment the nuke. As far as intelligence Israel has one if not the best in the world. Iran wants to play games about talking about what there ganna do if they get a weapon, Israels been shot twice and has a loaded gun, and doesnt care for Iran. You do the math, if they make a serious risk at getting a nuke Israel WILL turn them into a parking lot.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hmm thats odd, it has been about a year now, and nothing. Well who would have guess, besides me of course.

top topics

join