It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water = Weight Loss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My friend's sister was overweight and has been for years until recently. She lost four stone in a matter of months just by drinking nothing but water; she still ate the same food.

This is where I come in:

I'm going to drink nothing but water for one month and see if I lose weight. I'm currently about 12 stone (168lbs). I'll eat the same amount of food as I usually do and report back when I notice a loss (I hope) of weight!

If you've had any experiences of weight loss by using this method, please let me know.

I'm dying for a coffee already! Oh, by the way, I changed my mind... I'll do it for one month and one day because it's my 18th on June 1st and I doubt I'll be just drinking water.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hooah! Just found out she drank small amounts of other things (coffee
) too! So I shall drink a maximum of two coffees a day.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have no doubt that it will work. Because I have gained a ton of weight largly due to the fact I have an addiction to soda pop. Which is bad...I know.

Coffee and tea should be fine as long as you don't put a lot of additional stuff in it such as cream and sugar. Coffee and Tea by themselves don't really have any calories. Even fruit juices have a lot of calories in them.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Beer and soda account for large amounts of empty calories in people's diets. Cutting these and out replacing it with water will have a significant affect on not only weight, but skin and liveliness as well.

H2O's the way to go.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I lost half a stone (7 pounds)! Hooah!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Human body is built to metabolise two different liquids. Milk and Water. I would add in 1% Milk into that diet to give you more calcium as the chances are, you aren't getting enough from nuts.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
... had you really never heard that drinking water helped you loose weight.
1) 64 oz. of water hydrates your body, helping to take out toxens...or something like that lol
2) Drinking that much water fills you up... but for the first couple of days you are rushing to the bathroom because your bodys not use to dealing with the extra luiquids...wow misspelled that. So you don't really eat as much as you think because you feel full fast.

True coffee and teas have no cal. but i would suggest decafe in both because that small amount of caffine that in the drinks make you loose more water due to frequent bathroom trips.

For the time you drinking extra water i would sugest Fiji water... yes i know its a little bit more exspensive but it tafte great and it naturaly has calsum in it
500ml of water has 17 mg of calcium along with other stuffs

But if you want some healthyer caffine fixes Traditional Medicinals has some of the best herbal teas. They have Chai, which it a very lovely black tea with spices... it wakes you up. But they also have calming teas and wemans teas... my favorite is the womens liberty.

Well keep up the good work hope this helps
need any more help/advice just mail me lol

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for that, Wings.

Some rather interesting information there. Thanks again!

Edit to add:

I have fifteen days left of my little experiment. So far, I have lost half a stone (7lbs), not bad at all. I highly recommend this to any people looking to shed a few pounds. I think I'll continue to drink as much water as I am doing.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
you know why u loose wieght when you drink water right?

eventually your body will get used to it and thus plateau. like anything else of course.

i have the reciepe to get you to 6% body fat with good amount of lean mass/muscle mass.

believe me.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One summer I drank nothing but Water...being lactose intolerent and trying to follow the mormon faith and all... I didn't consume anything containing cafiene or milk...and I lost roughly 15 pounds.

Whats the deal with the stones? Is that some sort of new weight measurement?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I started drinking water like a month ago, for my acne( see the thread "Really bad bacne") not only has it decreased my outbreaks but I also lost 5 pounds.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi
Whats the deal with the stones? Is that some sort of new weight measurement?

It's a British thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
right i think someone else said it in here but the reason why you lose weight when you drink a lot of water is mainly because your body becomes hydrated. Although drinking water only instead of beer or soda for example does help on the calorie intake, most of the weight you lose is just water weight. Your body does not need to retain as much water if it gets used to the idea that it will be getting a regular and non fluctuating amount of water. So although sometimes at first it might look like you gain just a little bit of weight, or it doesnt seem to do anything, eventually if you keep drinking a good amount of water your body will flush its retention, also getting rid of toxins etc and make you look leaner and lose some weight :w:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
BINGO!

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am pretty sure cold water helps you lose weight, and pretty quickly I might add

My story is as follows: After mysecond year of college I weighed 310, mostly because I drank 24-48 cans of pop a day. I was tired and irritable. So I decided I would go on a "water diet" I once heard about which was a gallon a day. Anyway I started on the 16th of June and went from 310 to 270 in 5 weeks. I didnt change my diet and I did not exercise, only worked 10 hours a day 4 days a week so I am not sure how many calories that burned but still 40 pounds in 5 weeks is quite a bit of weight that I was able to not gain back. I attribute most of that weight to nothing more than cold water

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
IF you want to loose weigth then just start working out.
When muscle mass repairs itself it burns calories.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I do plenty of weight lifting and drink plenty of water every day, I can definately say I feel alot healthier with this "water diet" than before. I never knew water could do so much; I've lost weight, I feel healthier, my skin is healthier and I seem much more mentally focused than ever!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I tried to increase my water intake and decrease my caloric intake and found that I was getting caffeine depravation headaches since I cut out soda. I found a brand of water called "Water Joe". It's simply bottled caffeinated water. So the times that I need the quick perk of caffeine, I drink a bottle of that. I don't miss soda so much any more, but I do miss coffee.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
The Human body is built to metabolise two different liquids. Milk and Water. I would add in 1% Milk into that diet to give you more calcium as the chances are, you aren't getting enough from nuts.

you're better of getting your share from vegetables rather than milk, for various reasons, the most important being:

see www.lightparty.com...

www.organicconsumers.org...

also consider that calcium per calories is a better indicator of usefulness for this kind of diet, see f-ex. www.stuartxchange.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yeh milks for babies.

<<   2 >>

join